Copperman29

Looking to buy or commission a belt sap

Looking for any information/availability/commission for a leather belt, filled with lead shot.

Think of it like a leather sap, but it's the entire belt.

If this isn't commercially available, I may be interested in commissioning one.

Thanks.

I've never heard of such. I have to admit I'm curious as to the purpose of that kind of belt. It seem like it would be more likely to drag your pants down than hold them up. 

Are you planning on wearing it as a belt? If so it shouldn't be too difficult to produce.

Lead can be purchased in sheets of various thicknesses.  I suppose it could be sandwiched between two pieces of leather.

1 hour ago, ArkieNewbie said:

. . . . I have to admit I'm curious as to the purpose of that kind of belt. . . . 

Maybe for exercising? I used to know a chap who wore a chainmaille coat and lead weights wrapped around his wrists and ankles and went jogging and exercising. He was a long distance runner

any hooo, you can get strips and rolls of lead in an aquarium shop, and as suggested, sandwich between two layers of leather

I build steel lined belts . . . and I would have no doubt my steel lined belt would do your job . . . and do it quite well.  I wear one often . . . carrying a 48 oz pistol . . . 2 magazines . . . and a cell phone.

The steel lined one is the black one . . . the lining runs from the inside most screw down the length of the decoration.

The brown belt is a simple double layer gun belt used for the same purpose.

I have a friend who has worn one of my steel lined belts for several years now . . . and loves it.

Honestly . . . I would hate to have someone take theirs off and use it on me in a skirmish.

May God bless,

Dwight

steel belt black.jpg

13 hours ago, Dwight said:

I would hate to have someone take theirs off and use it on me in a skirmish.

steel belt black.jpg

In my case you would die laughing, picture an old short fat guy frantically waddling along holding up his britches with one hand and swinging away with the other..

If you’re set on lead, you’d be better off with a folded cartridge belt style without the cartridge loops. 2" after folding/sewing the top is probably the the thinnest you could go. One piece of leather about 4" wide. Fold it over. Sew/rivet in the chape and billet, then sew up the top seam. You can form the lead into silver dollar size pieces and they go into the belt in on the side with the buckle. The billet goes through a slot under then through the buckle and keeps everything locked in. 
That’s what the style was made to do. Although, using a lead filled object on someone could get you a felony assault charge.  You’d be better off using pennies in there. Same effect but more deniability about it being a weapon

51D2CC7E-0F9E-4B93-80A9-7A21DAC26827.jpeg

Edited by BridleButt

he posted Feb 3 and has not been back to answer questions

Hello,

Sorry I never got back to anyone, but shortly after I posted my question, someone told me to just buy a high quality, leather money belt that has a zippered compartment on the inside lining of the belt. It runs the entire length of the belt, from buckle to sizing holes and then just fill the compartment with No. 9 birdshot. Then zipper it up and put some Loctite on the zipper, to make sure it stays in place and BOOM; I had my sap belt.

Works like  a charm.

Went 'John Wick' on some dry wall to test it out and you wouldn't believe the damage.

Money Belt: https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Money-Pocket-Travel-Leather/dp/B01M5F5F4F

Lead Birdshot: https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=SH&i=LMAG9

Thanks all!

Edited by Copperman29
forgot links

Oh I would love a money belt, but have no use for it and no money to fit in it :(