bladegrinder

1911 holster

Still new to designing and drawing gun holsters, this one the I should have brought the leather up higher around the trigger guard. this one is for me so lessen learned, it fits tight and I like it. it has Elephant hide overlay on the front. thanks for looking!

WcBl0ST.jpg

xdZ8EVy.jpg

I think it's very nice. I usually double stitch close to the weapon and double (really triple) stitch at the top and bottom of the gun. Not sure it's needed, but I like the little extra touche it gives.  People notice. Nice job!

Nice !!!!

46 minutes ago, Hags said:

I think it's very nice. I usually double stitch close to the weapon and double (really triple) stitch at the top and bottom of the gun. Not sure it's needed, but I like the little extra touche it gives.  People notice. Nice job!

Thanks Hags, double stitch on the next one!

8 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

Nice !!!!

Thanks Gezzer!, where at in North Florida are you?

8 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Thanks Gezzer!, where at in North Florida are you?

I know some folks here in mississippi that wish I was in North Florida  :rofl:

nice lookin' rig.  I like where the leather stops near the trigger guard. I wouldn't change it.

Very nice.  I hope to be following you on the learning curve in the next few weeks, if you've got any tips please feel free to pass them along.

Well done!  That elephant hide is awesome.

nice work:yes:

Clean work. I’d rather have the back of the trigger guard slightly exposed, and be able to get a good draw grip.  As long as nothing can get in and set off the bang switch. 

With 1911 holsters; I always put a thumb break that snaps under the hammer, as on occasion  - I have noticed the manual safety gets clicked off from carrying all day. 

I don’t know much about the correct way to make holsters. I’ve made a few, but not many. Probably less than ten.

I will say that I think that your beautiful pistol and the color of your holster go together like peanut butter and jelly!

I like it!

Joel

Thanks Grampa!

I like it fine.  Only change I'd make is some dye inside the slots (or even just a black sharpie would work here).  I like the color scheme -- and oh, since you have an 'overlay' elephant, I'd prolly sew across the top n bottom (before assembly, obviously).

BladegrinderI have those grips as well, or quite similar on my 45,

But, with the elephant hide it looks really great with those particular color grips pattern !

and in a time constraint as well. Super. You did good my friend !