YinTx

Phone case for retired Fire Fighter

Easy open/close and access for arthritis, etc.  Opinions welcomed!

PhoneCase7LoRes.thumb.jpeg.aefea40707e7cf1fa49827d1f428a3b2.jpeg

PhoneCase3LoRes.thumb.jpeg.1664aa01a1ec3260a46ed864dba3b228.jpeg

PhoneCase4LoRes.thumb.jpeg.247556cf8a1c8f3f62211a904e8eefb5.jpeg

PhoneCase2LoRes.thumb.jpeg.687690d56a9b46c62833e44dce14e138.jpeg

Edited by YinTx

Looks good and should be easy on the joints :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Looks good and should be easy on the joints :thumbsup:

Thanks, and I hope so, about to get it shipped off, will find out soon enough!

Looks great.  I've been thinking of doing something similar, but with a finger notch cut out of the bottom to allow pushing the phone up.  Might make it easier for somebody with grip issues to pull the phone out?

/dwight

2 hours ago, DwightT said:

Looks great.  I've been thinking of doing something similar, but with a finger notch cut out of the bottom to allow pushing the phone up.  Might make it easier for somebody with grip issues to pull the phone out?

/dwight

Appreciate it!  Thought about your idea when I designed it, but opted for the huge gap on the top to allow gripping it easily.  Maybe best apparent in the first photo, you can tell where the stitching ends for the back and the top of the case.  A bit over an inch.  Working on version 2 that may or may not work that will completely cover the phone.

Edited by YinTx

Looks very nice. I would like to make several for gifts. What is your source for the belt clip?

Opps, Found some at Weaver Leather.

Edited by Dansir
Found Source

2 hours ago, Dansir said:

Looks very nice. I would like to make several for gifts. What is your source for the belt clip?

Opps, Found some at Weaver Leather.

Thank you, and glad you found a source, mine was from a pile of hardware I picked up somewhere along the way!

1 hour ago, Fraulein said:

Looks really good! That should serve him well. Good clean work as always!

Thanks, and I hope so!

I have neuropathy in my hands . . . have trouble hanging on to things . . . so when I got my Samsung Galaxy S22 phone . . . I put it in a rubber like outside of an Otterbox . . . which added about 1/2 inch to the width and height.

CANNOT carry that thing in a pocket . . . and my Note 8 carrier was too small.

So . . . this one came up out of 6/7 oz and the tongue goes in with the phone  . . . as velcro is a pain sometimes.  It will not bounce out while mowing 3 or 4 acres on a zero turn . . . 

The belt loop originally had rivets . . .  cut them off and installed snaps . . . works better . . . 

Only downside is it almost looks like I'm carrying a gun . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

phone carrier 2.jpg

phone carrier 1.jpg

Nice work. I just did one for an older guy (older than me). And I made it a bit big and left some space at the top to grip it. Works great. I have used the finger hole though, and that works fine as well. Would just preferr to not have a hole. 

Nice looking work and clean stitching.  I am sure the client will love it.  

On 4/14/2023 at 9:13 AM, YinTx said:

Easy open/close and access for arthritis, etc.  Opinions welcomed!

PhoneCase7LoRes.thumb.jpeg.aefea40707e7cf1fa49827d1f428a3b2.jpeg

PhoneCase3LoRes.thumb.jpeg.1664aa01a1ec3260a46ed864dba3b228.jpeg

PhoneCase4LoRes.thumb.jpeg.247556cf8a1c8f3f62211a904e8eefb5.jpeg

PhoneCase2LoRes.thumb.jpeg.687690d56a9b46c62833e44dce14e138.jpeg

This phone case look very durable and usable. The stitching seems durable too. 

On 4/16/2023 at 8:54 PM, Hags said:

Nice work. I just did one for an older guy (older than me). And I made it a bit big and left some space at the top to grip it. Works great. I have used the finger hole though, and that works fine as well. Would just preferr to not have a hole. 

It is a bit roomy inside for the phone, and a large opening at the top with room to grip, so I think it will work well as yours did.  Thanks for the compliment!

On 4/17/2023 at 6:23 AM, PastorBob said:

Nice looking work and clean stitching.  I am sure the client will love it.  

Thanks!  Its a gift, so I probably won't hear any complaints.  :lol:

21 hours ago, hotleatherworlds said:

This phone case look very durable and usable. The stitching seems durable too. 

Hoping it outlasts the previous one he was using!  Typical mass produced soft leather that fell apart as soon as it possibly could.

That is a nice and well thought case. 

5 hours ago, doubleh said:

That is a nice and well thought case. 

Appreciate it!

I like it, clean, good colors, nice stitching. How'd you get the 2 color letter? Whenever I have a square corner to stitch I punch a very small round hole in the corner instead of the pricking iron and try to make sure it's on the outside edge of the corner. (just noticed one stitch on back lower corner). 

6 minutes ago, Outfitr said:

I like it, clean, good colors, nice stitching. How'd you get the 2 color letter? Whenever I have a square corner to stitch I punch a very small round hole in the corner instead of the pricking iron and try to make sure it's on the outside edge of the corner. (just noticed one stitch on back lower corner). 

Yes, I didn't pay as much attention to detail as I normally do to space the stitches out, I just used a single stitch marking punch that fit and went from there.  I was under a time crunch to get it done, and figured it was on the back behind a belt, so not very visible.  :)  As I mentioned, it was a gift, so probably won't hear any complaints!

I painted the Angelus with a small brush.  Used 5 coats of white, and about 3 coats of red on a standard letter stamp.

4 hours ago, YinTx said:

Yes, I didn't pay as much attention to detail as I normally do to space the stitches out, I just used a single stitch marking punch that fit and went from there.  I was under a time crunch to get it done, and figured it was on the back behind a belt, so not very visible.  :)  As I mentioned, it was a gift, so probably won't hear any complaints!

I painted the Angelus with a small brush.  Used 5 coats of white, and about 3 coats of red on a standard letter stamp.

Oh cool, I actually thought the letter was cut/tooled. Didn't mean to criticize your project it's very well done and looks great for sure you won't get any complaints. I turmoil over little stuff all the time on my projects so I notice little things that don't matter. 

34 minutes ago, Outfitr said:

Oh cool, I actually thought the letter was cut/tooled. Didn't mean to criticize your project it's very well done and looks great for sure you won't get any complaints. I turmoil over little stuff all the time on my projects so I notice little things that don't matter. 

Don't worry about critiquing my work, I do it too.  I agonized over the letter way too much, hence part of the reason for so many coats of paint.  I just wasn't happy with it!  Still wasn't, truth be told, but I had to throw in the towel and get it assembled!

Yes I think ,  your not only an artist but a perfectionist as well !

certainly, I get it ,  I would agree It is beautiful no matter even if it is off a speck ! 

Even that is minute !

Good work !!   Yen.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, Wild Bill46 said:

Yes I think ,  your not only an artist but a perfectionist as well !

certainly, I get it ,  I would agree It is beautiful no matter even if it is off a speck ! 

Even that is minute !

Good work !!   Yen.

Thank you so much!