fibersport

Chinese feet?

Was wondering what experience people have with presser feet made in China?  I have a Pfaff and some of the types of feet aren't available except from China.  They are all over the internet for low prices and would like to know if "you get what you pay for" holds true.

Isn't everything ultimately made in China? 

I've bought loads of tools, including a full set of piping feet for my Class 26 from Amazon. All made overseas. Works just fine.

In many (most) cases, you don't have a choice. 

9 hours ago, fibersport said:

I have a Pfaff and some of the types of feet aren't available except from China. 

The Chinese companies can make decent quality items but that will depend on the specification they are asked to build the item to. I have gotten presser feet as well as other items that where at both ends of the spectrum. Some items end up in the garbage bin. Keep in mind PFAFF is now owned by a Chinese company, SVP. Is their quality the same as before 2006????

kgg

Edited by kgg

I've gotten quite a few accessories from Chinese vendors, including presser feet for my 111w, and been generally satisfied. I think part of the key is the specific vendor. Most of my purchases have been through amazon or ebay and the seller has been either Cutex or CKPSMS.

Yeah, I'd pay more for a good quality US manufacturer, but as you say it's usually not an option.

I've bought a few feet from different (Chinese) vendors and they've been fine.

Kwokhing / KH Sew is a top quality manufacturer from HongKong (China). Not sure who offers their products in the US but you can buy either directly from them or f.i. College Sewing in the UK sell their products too. Sometimes you even find them on Ebay. The parts are usually marked with their distinctive KH logo. But their presser feet are more expensive that the no name feet from Ebay / Amazon but less expensive than Pfaff OEM.

Thank you, good to know. 

11 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Kwokhing / KH Sew is a top quality manufacturer from HongKong (China). Not sure who offers their products in the US but you can buy either directly from them or f.i. College Sewing in the UK sell their products too. Sometimes you even find them on Ebay. The parts are usually marked with their distinctive KH logo. But their presser feet are more expensive that the no name feet from Ebay / Amazon but less expensive than Pfaff OEM.

I second that! Good parts maker.

I’ve probably picked up 30 generic Chinese feet for singers, some directly from China, and about half of them have been noticeably out of whack and have been tossed in the trash.   Mostly alignment issues so it crowds the foot next to it, but sometimes the bottom was not flat to the table.   Of those that haven’t been tossed out, some are very nicely made and others not so much.  It seems to be difficult making cheap feet at the same height as factory feet - at least one was about 1/8” taller than it should have been, but most are close or only 1/16” off.

I still buy cheap feet, but get one from two different places and usually in the mid price range - and still expect to toss out one of the two, so I’m usually not disappointed.  Lol

Bought a left/center smooth foot set few weeks ago for a 111 type machine. I had to drill a bigger hole in the left foot to make it fit. All good now

6 hours ago, dikman said:

I've used KH too, excellent quality.

Here Also...KH is the 1st place I check to look for feet and other options, and they got quick delivery across the pond with their speed-pack shipping . Good machining and well thought out designs.