ThomG

Burnt edges anyone tried this yet?

I know I'm a bit late to this party but, I've found that using 3M blue masking tape works pretty well at keeping the schmutz off the surface.  Doesn't do much to stop the burns at the cut line but definitely simplifies the cleanup process.  Depending on the surface finish of the leather, a little help from a blow dryer or a heat gun will help break the bond to remove the tape.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, ThomG said:

Here is a before and after cleaning. it's still wet in the bottom picture that's why the color is so different.

ZomboDroid_17122023121357.jpg

Uh-oh. that's soot.
For less soot use a truncated nozzle and add a blower.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, ThomG said:

Here is a sample, i cut both circles out of the material shown and cleaned one with the cleaner I'm talking about and not the other.

20231215_142320~(1).jpg

Not meaning to pick on you Thom . . . but compared to my laser cutter . . . yours looks like it was cut with a chain saw.

I use a little air compressor with my 5 watt laser . . . and one thing for sure I make is key fobs . . . I wipe the edges of em down with a terry cloth . . . and they are good to go.

May God bless,

Dwight

Those were my first test cuts that didnt go through so i used a box cutter so i could test dyes etc.