RockRash

Afternoon project.

I have been wanting to make a round knife sheath for a while now. I decided to try out some new stamps and airbrush I got for Christmas and I came up with this. 

20231229_191421.jpg

20231229_191447.jpg

20231229_191624.jpg

20231229_191734.jpg

Nice looking sheath! Love the tool work. 

May I ask, what brand is your leather knife? 

Thanks.

Nice work but who made it? the makers name has been photo cropped out.

14 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Nice looking sheath! Love the tool work. 

May I ask, what brand is your leather knife? 

Thanks.

Thanks. The knife is the small round knife makers leather supply sells. I'm no expert (this is my first round knife) and I know I need more time using it. This particular knife doesn't feel all that comfortable. This was the only knife I used for this project , I want to get proficient with it. If I could go back I'd order a larger knife. This one is so small ive ended up cutting myself a few times because my fingers are so close to end of the blade. 

Reference photo 

20231229_202850.jpg

7 minutes ago, bladegrinder said:

Nice work but who made it? the makers name has been photo cropped out.

I did lol. I just do this as a hobby and my wife got me the makers mark for Christmas. It has my real name on it and call me paranoid ( I probably am over paranoid) I dont want my real name on a public forum. 

I gotcha, nothing wrong with that in the world we live in today. 

1 hour ago, RockRash said:

Thanks. The knife is the small round knife makers leather supply sells. I'm no expert (this is my first round knife) and I know I need more time using it. This particular knife doesn't feel all that comfortable. This was the only knife I used for this project , I want to get proficient with it. If I could go back I'd order a larger knife. This one is so small ive ended up cutting myself a few times because my fingers are so close to end of the blade. 

Reference photo 

20231229_202850.jpg

Thanks RockRash I appreciate it. Looks like a nice knife. What does it measure from tip to tip if you dont mind? 

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Thanks RockRash I appreciate it. Looks like a nice knife. What does it measure from tip to tip if you dont mind? 

Thanks.

Looks like 2 3/4" 

20231229_215349.jpg

45 minutes ago, RockRash said:

Looks like 2 3/4" 

20231229_215349.jpg

Thanks very much. I have been looking for a small head knife & that is perfect for me. 

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

Looks good. I like the way it fits under the welt.

Thank you. I have seen it done before and always liked the idea. I will say its very satisfying sliding it in the sheath and snapping the snap.

1 hour ago, DieselTech said:

Thanks very much. I have been looking for a small head knife & that is perfect for me. 

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

Diesel Tech,  it's a great knife, very sharp from makers. I'm sure my complaints are my lack of experience with it.

ETA: sorry I screwed up the quote.

Edited by RockRash

Very nice!  ‘Sharp’ looking project!

nice work indeed!!! 

Really nice work on the stamping ! I like the way you used the border stamps. The back looks every bit as nice as the front. Nice work!

I like the work, scared of all that blade

That one's only 2-3/4" across, just the right size. Besides, those blades don't getcha much once you get used to them. Getting used to them can be a challenge, though...

Very nice job on the sheath. As for the blade size, I made a small round knife from a worn out half-round blade from my multi-tool (so it's about the same size as yours but a bit thinner) and I find it a nice size to use.

13 hours ago, RockRash said:

Thank you. I have seen it done before and always liked the idea. I will say its very satisfying sliding it in the sheath and snapping the snap.

Diesel Tech,  it's a great knife, very sharp from makers. I'm sure my complaints are my lack of experience with it.

ETA: sorry I screwed up the quote.

Went to order that knife this morning. Dang it! Wouldn't you know it was sold out. Sold out over night. Dang it. 

13 hours ago, BigBore said:

Very nice!  ‘Sharp’ looking project!

13 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

nice work indeed!!! 

12 hours ago, rleather said:

Really nice work on the stamping ! I like the way you used the border stamps. The back looks every bit as nice as the front. Nice work!

7 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

I like the work, scared of all that blade

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

That one's only 2-3/4" across, just the right size. Besides, those blades don't getcha much once you get used to them. Getting used to them can be a challenge, though...

5 hours ago, dikman said:

Very nice job on the sheath. As for the blade size, I made a small round knife from a worn out half-round blade from my multi-tool (so it's about the same size as yours but a bit thinner) and I find it a nice size to use.

It's a great size and knife. I just need more time behind it. I'm planning on using it a lot on my net few projects so I can get more comfortable with it.

5 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Went to order that knife this morning. Dang it! Wouldn't you know it was sold out. Sold out over night. Dang it. 

Diesel Tech, keep checking back his inventory seems to be resupplied fairly quickly. I had the same thing happen a while back with his buck stitching chisels.

22 hours ago, RockRash said:

I did lol. I just do this as a hobby and my wife got me the makers mark for Christmas. It has my real name on it and call me paranoid ( I probably am over paranoid) I dont want my real name on a public forum. 

My therapist says "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you."  ;)

2 hours ago, jrdunn said:

My therapist says "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you."  ;)

It's a frustrating situation. Lol