Again a chaos symbol AND black/red combo (hey, that's what my customers want;-) but different customer. This case will hang from the neck and keep his glasses handy at work from a twistbraided cord made from goathide.

It was decided and added after original design was layed out so stitching position was not optimal and it could have looked much neater if it was sewn before I laced up the sheath, blah!!

It is a basketweave braid (off course;-) and the back is plain black so didn't take pics of that. I also made up a keyfob to go with it as he wanted the back clean.

I made some molding towards the bottom to ensure the glasses would not be squeezed and take damage when pushing then in and out. I worked the inside with an old cigartube while leather was still cased (I did pour some water from inside too before molding).

Tom

IMG_8491_01.jpg

IMG_8492_01.jpg

IMG_8493_01.jpg

IMG_8494_01.jpg

IMG_8495_01.jpg

IMG_8496_01.jpg

post-5146-1239366543_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1239366556_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1239366565_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1239366578_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1239366590_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1239366599_thumb.jpg

Again a chaos symbol AND black/red combo (hey, that's what my customers want;-) but different customer. This case will hang from the neck and keep his glasses handy at work from a twistbraided cord made from goathide.

It was decided and added after original design was layed out so stitching position was not optimal and it could have looked much neater if it was sewn before I laced up the sheath, blah!!

It is a basketweave braid (off course;-) and the back is plain black so didn't take pics of that. I also made up a keyfob to go with it as he wanted the back clean.

I made some molding towards the bottom to ensure the glasses would not be squeezed and take damage when pushing then in and out. I worked the inside with an old cigartube while leather was still cased (I did pour some water from inside too before molding).

Tom

Hi Tom!

That's a pretty snazzy glasses case you made there. Love the colors as always, and that chaos symbol is pretty neat.

I made myself one sort of like it, only I put a metal belt clip on the back, and hung it in my car for my sunglasses. I lined mine with soft fleece from an old sweat shirt to keep the lenses from scratching. My sister took one look at it, and had to have it. Now I have to make myself another one!

Now there's an idea... a lanyard eyeglass case. That is very sharp, Tom! The key fob almost looks like a designer label. Gives the piece a nice, professional touch.

Kate

I could have picked your eyeglass case out in a mountain of them:-) Love your work and the snazy lable lil'bro :You_Rock_Emoticon:

very striking!...looks great! also good to see the pros with dye on thier fingers...thought that was just for us not so close to pros :P

Nice case Tommy! I really like your makers stamp on the tag. Classy!

Bob

that will certainly be an "eye catcher" piece ;0)...i gotta agree with tina tommy boy, kinda like spiders stuff...i could pick who done it a mile away!!

darryl :cheers:

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

Cheers,

Andy

Speaking of cigars, I think you have the makings of a pretty cool cigar case, you would have to mold a little bit more to hold the cigars without crushing them and maybe add a flap

Thank you very much all!!!

I actually wanted to line it but customer wanted to keep the raw leatherfeel at the inside so scratching the glasses is his prob.

ALL of my customers ask for a natural back so that is why I almost never line/slick and/or colour the fleshside of my work.

Kate: can you explain the term lanyard to me plz??

This case sure has Tom written all over it ha ha but I blame/thank my customers for the kinda signature I use ha ha but it really is my first hand choice aswell.

MY Ambassador tells me to not overuse the combo and move on with other colours.

The closure is two layers of goathide ONLY glued (Very pro, yeah right) but I do want to see how it holds up without stitching over a longer periiod and customer agreed to this. He can allways come back and get it redone for free WITH appropriate stitching.

Gunna have to make me a cigar case in the future.

Thanks alot

Tom

Kate: can you explain the term lanyard to me plz??

A lanyard is a strap with snap hooks that attaches to anything you want to carry around your neck. You may see them in places of employment, trade shows, conventions, or backstage at rock concerts, where people are usually provided them to carry a name badge of some kind.

It never occurred to me to make one for an eyeglass case, but now that I've seen yours, I'll probably make myself one. That's a great idea.

Kate

A lanyard is a strap with snap hooks that attaches to anything you want to carry around your neck. You may see them in places of employment, trade shows, conventions, or backstage at rock concerts, where people are usually provided them to carry a name badge of some kind.

It never occurred to me to make one for an eyeglass case, but now that I've seen yours, I'll probably make myself one. That's a great idea.

Kate

Ah now I understand!!! Thank you Kate!!

In Sweden we call those senilsnören = Senile strings ;-)

From the beginning he wanted just the case but later found out he wanted those strings/lanyard.

Tom

Ah now I understand!!! Thank you Kate!!

In Sweden we call those senilsnören = Senile strings ;-)

From the beginning he wanted just the case but later found out he wanted those strings/lanyard.

Tom

:rofl:

They're not senile if they're made out of bad-ass leather, nowutImean, bro? :red_bandana:

Kate

Hey, I have one of those senile strings on my reading glasses. It's so I can find them. Of course it only works when I have the string attached to my neck. Otherwise both the glasses and the string are lost somewhere. That's a cool case Tom. I think I need one of those too!

Nice work Tom ,I have a problem with mine getting crushed/damaged, so I made one lined with Deer Hide then folded in a piece of brass shim stock and covered the outside in 6/7 oz veg tanned.no more damage sustained and made a few for folks with the same issues!IMG_0207.JPG

post-8335-1239459982_thumb.jpg

Sorry I messed up the first picture Iv sentImage001.JPG

post-8335-1239460582_thumb.jpg

Thanks Clay!!

I feel that that I'm the type that displace just about anything with or without senilestrings!!!

It was quite expensive one time when my neighbour asked me to look after his elephant and I misplaced him in my fridge...poor thing froze to death!!!! :red_bandana:

That is a beautiful and classy looking case RHall!!

Yeah, gotta be careful with eyeglasses, expensive and very fragile.

I also thought about a snaplock but was afraid it could also damage the glasses (the frame). The ones I can get takes quite some force to close but most of all I think the type I used now was suitable to the case.

Yours is alot sleeker and mine is actually made oversized and this was also because i was worried about stress damage to the glasses. I asked customer if He wanted me to make it sleeker with more molding but he liked it fine just the way it was.

Tom

Hey Tom- Very classy looking case! I have to ditto everyone's comments about the key fob, very sharp! And of course, as always, the lacing is beautiful!

Crystal

Thank you Crystal!!!

Yeah sometimes you gotta give a little extra, customer is generous this time;-)

Tom