Tina

"Paying it Forward"

Ok here are the pictures. I am really enjoying this piece.

ClayM.

jse_015.jpg

jse_013.jpg

Very Nice! I too love to see what imagination can do on leather!

Y'all keep up the GREAT work!

Regis you did well , as we have talked .......there is more to" Leather Work" than holsters, knife sheaths & belts. :notworthy:

Picture_009.jpg

I received a great belt from rdb.

post-897-1207935659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oscar B

Picture_009.jpg

I received a great belt from rdb.

I didn't hit him...honest!!!

LOL. I hope you liked it, and it fit. If not, let me know, and I'll make a new one.

It's a pretty heavy belt, so it'll take a while to break it in. It will also double as a concealed carry platform. I used Zack White's Bridle Side. Nice stuff. Should last, well, forever....

Obviously I missed the first round, but would like to get in on the second and consecutive rounds. Whenever the list gets regenerated, add me to it.

Mike D.

I think there's a special post just for pics of the pay it forward pieces....not that I mind seeing them here...

As to doing it again, I'd be in again, it was so much fun! I'm still anxiously awaiting my "treat"!

I should be finishing your "treat" this next week, so expect it the next. It is not something I have done before, so I hope it turns out as well as I am picturing it finished. ;)

Hooray! Now I'm even more anxious! And I've started a new topic for the next go 'round...so anyone interested, check it out.

WOW.....Just got my Pay it forward from Myriam....

ALL I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! It is AWESOME!

The font is Perfect! and your swivel knife scroll work is to DIE for!!

It's a cool note pad and pen for me to keep in my saddle bags, and I LOVE IT!

Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU!!!!!!!

Did I mention I love it??!!??????!!!!!!

myriams_gift_to_me_4_08.jpg

post-5734-1208057984_thumb.jpg

Dude.... or dudette... the decorative cuts look awesome!

Yes that is one fine piece of workmanship there, great looking scroll work.

Ken

WOW.....Just got my Pay it forward from Myriam....

ALL I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! It is AWESOME!

The font is Perfect! and your swivel knife scroll work is to DIE for!!

It's a cool note pad and pen for me to keep in my saddle bags, and I LOVE IT!

Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU!!!!!!!

Did I mention I love it??!!??????!!!!!!

WOW!! That font look like it was designed just for you Ken, it fits perfectly.

Ken - Wow *big beaming smile* :) I sure I'm glad you like it. I had real fun working on it, that's for sure!

Wolvenstien - It's dudette ;) Thanks. It was my first time trying those decorative cuts. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. One thing is sure, now I know how to keep my swivel knife sharp! :lol:

Beaverslayer - Thanks Beaver. I guess I found my calling. I just love leather. I still see some flaws in my work but I get better with every piece I make. I guess that's what counts, to keep improving with every piece :)

Rayban - Thanks, Rayban. The font is Abaddon. I found it on the Internet and it's free. The scrolls were also inspired by a font called Poke. Also available for free on the net.

I received a package today and seeing it was from Scouter, I got all excited. My PIF had finally arrived! So all excited, I opened the box, read the letter and then unwrapped my gift.

What a lovely piece!!! The work is so delicate and well done! The design and colors are just perfect, and your work is awesomely well done. I love it!!! *big beaming smile* :):):)

A BIG THANK YOU, John! You can be sure it's going to be in a place where everyone can see it! And everytime I'll look at it myself, I'll know how much you put into it too. Thank you again, you've made this girl very, very happy *big hugs* :)

GiftFromScouter.jpg

post-1763-1208215869_thumb.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMG!

You should see the awesome mask I just got from Banwell!

It's a bulldog and it EVEN HAS WHISKERS!!!!

This has got to be the COOLEST mask I have ever seen! I opened the box and started giggling like a loon, then put on the mask to show my husband and the dogs.

My daughter has my camera card, so I'm taking it to work in the morning so I can take pictures and post them!!

Thank you soooo much Tom!!

Can't wait to see it. Is it the same one he posted a week or two ago?

Kate

OMG! OMG! OMG!

You should see the awesome mask I just got from Banwell!

It's a bulldog and it EVEN HAS WHISKERS!!!!

This has got to be the COOLEST mask I have ever seen! I opened the box and started giggling like a loon, then put on the mask to show my husband and the dogs.

My daughter has my camera card, so I'm taking it to work in the morning so I can take pictures and post them!!

Thank you soooo much Tom!!

Can't wait to see it. Is it the same one he posted a week or two ago?

Kate

Yep! That's it!! I haven't been online too much because I embroidered my right index finger a little while ago, so I've missed a bunch of posts. I need to go back and see what I've missed. Serves me for trying to cut jumps stitches while the machine is running.

I STILL can't get over the WHISKERS, They're great.

I must have a small head because my entire face fits inside and it covers my chin and forehead. I took it to the Nursing home with me this morning when I took my dog to do therapy visits with the "Grandmas & Grandpas" and they loved it. Mr. Sullivan wants to borrow it to play Winston Churchill in one of their plays.

Edited by Hoyden

I'm so glad you like the mask. One never knows how someone will react to a gift when you know virtually nothing about them.

How could anyone not like that? It was awesome. Hope you keep posting your work, Tom. It's a walk on the outside of the mainstream of leather work, and we do need that. Thanks for the inspiration...

Kate

So what are we to do with pictures of the gifts we receive?? I've seen "send them to so and so"...ignored....a repeipiants thread...ignored...Cecil started his own thread....some on this one...helter skelter ...and there's already another round being planned?? Let's work out the bugs on this one first!!

So where do I post my picture?

Well today was a good day! I received my PIF from CECIL! What wonderful work! An absolutely beautiful rendition of Abraham Lincoln in a beautiful Oak frame! Cecil Thankyou so much! The carving was so deep that I thought it was embossed! The color of the piece was perfect! I Love it! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

LeatherLincoln.jpg

post-5432-1208378569_thumb.jpg

So what are we to do with pictures of the gifts we receive?? I've seen "send them to so and so"...ignored....a repeipiants thread...ignored...Cecil started his own thread....some on this one...helter skelter ...and there's already another round being planned?? Let's work out the bugs on this one first!!

So where do I post my picture?

In this same topic (Special Events, Contests, and Classes), there is a thread for PIF (Pay It Forward) pictures. I've noticed some posting here, some there, and Cecil's own thread up TWICE, so it's kinda scattered around. I tried (as a moderator) to combine things, but I couldn't figure it out, even after it was explained to me. Originally, Johanna said to send them to her.

ps Cecil sent me previews of that Lincoln pic and it sure is great work!

Send pics to admin@leatherworker.net I've got a few already. Holly- I'll combine those threads, don't worry about it. Great to see all the enthusiam & participation. Rayban- don't be mad at us- this whole thing was spontaneous, and we're trying to work out any bugs on the fly!

Johanna

Kani...got the buckle today and I love it! It's a great addition to my buckle collection.

How did you know I liked horses?? I envy anyone who can braid like you do....someday maybe I can.

Nice job, and thank you very much!!

Rayban

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg