Tina

"Paying it Forward"

I am AMAZED at the PIF that Bob has sent. Incredible workmanship on this folding knife sheath. To see something this quality right here in my hand is just awesome. I don't know how to thank you Bob. This is one knife & sheath that will be on display in my home for awhile and by my side for many years. I've carried my last one for over 25 years but, this is so special I'm replacing my old standby.

Thank you Bob. Makes me want to find a way up to BC just to shake your hand. This is THE best leather peice that I have.

Regis (the guy with the awesome sheath)

Bob_front.jpg Bob_back.jpg

post-463-1210193274_thumb.jpg

post-463-1210193300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Regis

REGIS THAT IS ASWUM..........HE REALLY DID GOOD FOR YOU...........

Hilly :You_Rock_Emoticon: ,I have received my "paying it forward" item, and I am in awe,Hilly has sent me a fantastic sheridan notebook cover. I absolutely LOVE it and am in awe of her talent. She tells me she has only been carving for 6 months. This gift is something I will treasure for ever. She even carved my name inside to further personalise this gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.back.JPGI have attached some photos so everyone can have a drool.Here is photo 2 front.JPGinside.JPG

post-4774-1210200929_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1210201120_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1210201241_thumb.jpg

Look at this beautiful Case and Case knife Rayban sent me. It's awesome, very well made and quality knife too. Thank you Rayban.

S8001057.JPG

S8001058.JPG

post-5571-1210270681_thumb.jpg

post-5571-1210270702_thumb.jpg

Got my PIF from superchute2. It's a very nice wine carrier. The tooling is fantastic, very well constructed, nice colors. An all around spectacular piece. Thank You!

There was also a nice little keychain, but the wife has confiscated that one already.

chute_pif.jpg

chute_pif2.jpg

chute_pif3.jpg

I'm starting to feel a bit guilty, everyone is recieving theres and I havn't gotten mine out to Tina yet. Wouldn't ya know it I got busy. I know what its going to be though.

Thank you again superchuted dad.

KK

post-3955-1210303577_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1210303590_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1210303608_thumb.jpg

I havent been able to get the camera from my wife to get any pix yet... but she took some this weekend and I found one with me in it wearing the hat that BeaverSlayer sent me... attached is a pic of me with the hat... once I get the camera away fromt eh wife... I will get a few pix of the hat, but you all have seen it in his hat tutorial..... so...

BS_Hat_cropped.jpg

post-834-1210650541_thumb.jpg

Is that the Bucky Badger cap we saw in Show Off?

Kate

No Kate, that's the hat I made in the tutorial, especially for Wolvie.

But good to know you know your mascots.

Ken

PS: Probably shoulda made Wolvies a hat a whole lot bigger....LOL

Why you say that? It fits perfectly.... plus, I can wear it under my helmet.

Superchute made me a wine carrier! It's already seen some "action", as I love a good glass or 3 of white Zinfandel! Sorry to not post pics sooner. I thought my camera would be back from Canon repair shop a little sooner!

pif.jpg

Thanks Russell!

Hilly

post-5039-1210871402_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I got my absolute fabolous PIF from Kevin King today...

Super Thank you Kevin, I Love my new bat, it roocks :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: You hit my taste spot on here Kevin:-)

Here is some photos for you all to see the businesscard holder, I might guess what kind of leather/hides is used but, I think it is best if Kevin answer that question if I'm wrong:-)

KKbusinesscard.jpg

post-5624-1211128506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Hi all,

I got my absolute fabolous PIF from Kevin King today...

Super Thank you Kevin, I Love my new bat, it roocks :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: You hit my taste spot on here Kevin:-)

Here is some photos for you all to see the businesscard holder, I might guess what kind of leather/hides is used but, I think it is best if Kevin answer that question if I'm wrong:-)

Your welcome Tina. I'm glad you like it. I was thinking gargoyle, but bat works too.

Elephant skin, cowihide overlay, frogskin inlay.

KK

Kevin.

Now I know...it's a Bat-Gargoyle of course *LOL*

I thought the hides where elephant and frog but this was the first time I've seen them "in person" so I felt a wee bit unsure.

Okay all,

I have already apologized to the guys I owe leather to. My kid has been really sick, so I haven't done anything, even orders. Then a piece I was doing for Clay I messed up. So Beaver's is going out tomorrow, gotta wait for the finish to dry. Sorry beaver, better late than never.

Now, to show my PIF's. I lucked out and got two!!!

First is a piece from Ferret. It's King Harold taking an arrow in the eye. Ferret even made the frame! Thank you Ferret, I love it!

Second, is my very own piece of Clay B. Art. Thank you so much Clay!

Both pieces will have their own spot on my work room wall.

Lucky Shirl

DSC02503.JPG

DSC02506_1.JPG

post-92-1211313681_thumb.jpg

post-92-1211313704_thumb.jpg

Looks like they both put in a lot of work for you shirleyz! Pretty lucky, You are.

Nice jobs Ferret, and ClayB.

This reminds me..better get on the stick, myself...

Very lucky Lady Shirley.

ferret, great job on the King Harold and the frame. ClayB, I love the way you incorporated the naked lady into Shirley' name.

Ken

Glad you like it Shirley. I've done a fair amount of research into the battle, the tapestry and even taken part in the '90 re-enactment of Hastings, but so far I haven't been able to come up any logical or historical reason for King Harold wearing odd socks.

i received my PIF from JLD the other week, it is a beautiful braided hat band, I was hoping to post a pic but my camera has decided to pack in after 3 years loyal service (and just oputside the warrenty) I will post as soon as I get a new one... Thanks JLD my work colleagues are sooooooo jealous he he.

emailed these pics to admin a while ago, forgot to put them on here.

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_005.jpg

Think Jammon must be a mind reader, I've been meaning to make a notbook holder for months but never got around to it. The pics don't really do it justice, if I'd ordered a custom job I don't think it would be this good. I love the design and the personilsed bits.

post-5295-1211447448_thumb.jpg

post-5295-1211447461_thumb.jpg

post-5295-1211447479_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ferret, I'm just really glad you like it and it's useful for you : )

That is magnificent!

You are so lucky Grumpy, I was so admiring that board. It is very beautiful.

Wonderful work Kate, such a great gesture.

Ken

Thanks, guys & gals. The pleasure was mine.

Kate

This morning while sitting in the truck waiting for it to warm up, the UPS guy showed up. He had my PIF from Shirleyz for me.

I was unable to get a picture of it at the time, and the batteries are dead from all the pictures I had taken at my sandblasting gig, so I will post a pic in the next day or two.

Thank you Shirley, I just love the "Black Vested Lady" a wonderful addition to my office.

Ken