Tina

"Paying it Forward"

Glad you liked it.

Tandy has a book on braiding and sewing. That is where I figured out how to do it. My braiding and carving isn't as good as Froggies but I will keep working at it. Maybe one day it will be that good.

Thanks for the compliment Rayban.

Glad you liked it.

Tandy has a book on braiding and sewing. That is where I figured out how to do it. My braiding and carving isn't as good as Froggies but I will keep working at it. Maybe one day it will be that good.

Thanks for the compliment Rayban.

Kani, I think your lacing and carving is VERY good! Good looking buckle! Nice work! I would be proud to wear it!

Edited by Froghunter

I just received my PIF from Clay M and it is exquisite! Clay, you are indeed a master at Sheridan carving. Wow! I am so happy! It is so different than the type of leatherworking that I do, and I treasure it because of that. Thank you! Here it is:

ClaysSheridan.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful, such detail and depth, and the color is just perfect. Your a very lucky man Tom.

Great job Clay, beautiful work.

Ken

Hole lee smack daddy, frog legs batman !! I've seen some really nice stuff posted in this thread ....But man, thats flippin sharp rite there. Thanks for posted Tom. It's not often we get to see anything of ClayM's posted .

A really beautiful piece. Super great work, Clay!

I would like to share something with you all.

It started out by Pip contacted me and said he was the one making something for me and asked some questions about taste and such. A few days later a few more names was added to the list and he was no longer "my sender". To make the story short, he had alreaddy started and wanted to continue with the item for me so...I got this absolutly wonderful mask in the mail yesterday and it'll fit my gothic style perfectly:-) I wish the photo could make it justice. Pip also sent me a postcard of the Liver building in Liverpool (England) with big bird sculptures at the top of them as his inspiration...Enjoy :thumbsup:

P1010740LW.jpg

post-5624-1208982355_thumb.jpg

I would like to share something with you all.

It started out by Pip contacted me and said he was the one making something for me and asked some questions about taste and such. A few days later a few more names was added to the list and he was no longer "my sender". To make the story short, he had alreaddy started and wanted to continue with the item for me so...I got this absolutly wonderful mask in the mail yesterday and it'll fit my gothic style perfectly:-) I wish the photo could make it justice. Pip also sent me a postcard of the Liver building in Liverpool (England) with big bird sculptures at the top of them as his inspiration...Enjoy :thumbsup:

WOW...that's Gore-juss

I envy you, Tina. Pip did a fantastic job on that mask!

Wow, absolutely beautiful! Great job, Pip!

Great job on the mask, makes me feel homesick. Colouring looks just like the statues before they cleaned them (without the pigeon c**p). For anyone interested in history/archaeology there was a recent tv prog about the original dock in Liverpool, info here.

Wow, Pip! I'm normally not a mask person, but keep doing work like that, and you might have a convert on your hands!

Those feather really look irridescent. Great job!

Hilly

Wow, Pip! I'm normally not a mask person, but keep doing work like that, and you might have a convert on your hands!

Those feather really look irridescent. Great job!

Hilly

Thanks guys, I am blushing...... :blush:

thanks to all of you who gave me support when I had my little mishap with the beak. Tina you can go and look at the unpainted bird now, i will let you. lol :evillaugh::yes:

i am glad you all like it, especially tina.

Pip

I received my PIF from Oscar B today. It was so great to arrive home from work and find a package waiting for me. The purse he made is so wonderful. I feel very lucky to receive such a gift. Oscar has put so much effort into the project and it really reflects the spirit of this PIF idea. Thank you Oscar i shall always cherish this gift.

pif_3.gif

pif_1.gif

pif_2.gif

post-4514-1209375826_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1209375863_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1209375973_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatheroo

That is really beautiful! I love the "wood" look especially.

Nice work Oscar! I'm cursious about how the inside pockets are constructed, I want to make myself a tobacco pouch for my pipes along with a pocket for a pipe or two and looks like it would work really well for that.

Edited by jammon

Thanks guys, I am blushing...... :blush:

thanks to all of you who gave me support when I had my little mishap with the beak. Tina you can go and look at the unpainted bird now, i will let you. lol :evillaugh::yes:

i am glad you all like it, especially tina.

Pip

Hi Pip, great fun to finally see the whole process. I just LOVE my bird, it's hanging on the wall looking at me, Awesome:-)

Nice purse Oscar, I like the wood grains too, makes it very interesting:-)

jammon The pockets are sewing together from two pieces. If you would like the pattern let me know and will post.

That would be great Oscar, please do.

I noticed at the start of this post a little bit about the "red paper clip" Here's the best part. The house that he ended up getting is in my hometown! I was raised in Kipling Saskatchewan and that house is right beside the barber shop where I'd get my hair cut all through the 20 some years that I lived there.

Oscar..that "paneled" wallet is cool. I like it. Sort of Pecan maybe?

EJ...that story is cool too. That guy had a lot of karma stored up.

wow wow wow!!!! UPS pulled up today and I just knew it wasn't another Matchbox car from eBay for my little guy!!!!!! Yes, my pif from Tazzman arrived! HOORAY!!!!!

It's like I had my mind read! It's perfect! It is an absolutely gorgeous checkerboard, with hand painted pieces in a little pouch of their own. I love it! (So glad it wasn't chess since I never did get the hang of that...) I love board games, and this will be a great one to teach our son.

Thank you! I am beyond ecstatic! (pics to follow when I clear some space on my camera...)

I am glad you like it Holly! My son helped with this project (The gold "crowns" on the back of the checkers were by his hand and he helped with some of the staining on the squares).

Here are the pics, as promised...

017.JPG021.JPG022.JPG

The only thing I didn't love was the blasted packing peanuts in the box...bane of my existence from moving so often...

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

post-5639-1210123492_thumb.jpg

post-5639-1210123503_thumb.jpg

post-5639-1210123513_thumb.jpg

What a nice piece of work!

Kate