Tina

"Paying it Forward"

Yes, Kevin: Tina is the person you send to...sorry for the delay in replying...

I think everyone on the list is lucky to get something made from someone else..... regardless of the experience or expertise... I know I am probably at the bottom of the barrel myself, but I will put love and dedication into what I make for CitezenKate, and I know what I get from Beaver will be made the same way.... I think it is just too cool to have something from another leatherworker.... especially when it was made for you specifically in mind....

Wolvie, if you think I'm gonna put LOVE into what I'm making you....well I think you better make an appointment to see someone about some help....LOL

The dedication, you know it, even doing a tutorial on it.

Ken

Dedication, love, passion.... whatever WORD you choose to use to keep that sense of machismo that all men must have.... Sure... Dedications works....

Dedication, love, passion.... whatever WORD you choose to use to keep that sense of machismo that all men must have.... Sure... Dedications works....

I like your words plenty Wolvie, don't listen to Beaver, his just shy (maybe?):-)

So, I'm getting something from KK, that is sooo cool:-)

I recieved a beautiful belt buckle from froghunter. Great work. Here is a pic. I love the lacing around the edges. :thumbsup: Thanks froggie

Belt_buckle.JPG

post-5406-1207315512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kani

I recieved a beautiful belt buckle from froghunter. Great work. Here is a pic. I love the lacing around the edges. :thumbsup: Thanks froggie

You are more than welcome! I enjoyed making it for you, it was definately a challenge as it is the "smallest" celtic I have tried to date.

I hope you get many miles out of it!

That's a great piece of work!! I would love to have that buckle!!

Okay... I sent the photos of the PIF I got from Beaverslayer to Johanna, per her request. I think she plans to put together a page to show all the work that was done as part of this event. But since others are posting photos of their PIFs, I have to post these. The Beav sent me this beautiful(!) carved wood box of maple, walnut, and purpleheart, which is now sitting in a prominent location in my office, and a "little" something he found at a garage sale, of all places... a set of 3 basketweave stamps from Barry King.

BoxWhole_500.jpg BoxTop_500.jpg

Basketweavers_500.jpg

What a wonderful PIF!!! I'm so grateful to have gotten this. Thank-you so much for this Beav! Grumpy, I'm still working on yours, and I hope to do medieval justice to Beav's generosity, and who knows, you may find some interesting basketweave stamping in it.

Kind regards to all,

Kate

post-7-1207358267_thumb.jpg

post-7-1207358274_thumb.jpg

post-7-1207358759_thumb.jpg

That's a great piece of work!! I would love to have that buckle!!

Is that a hint Rayban? :youwish: Ha! Sorry I can't make anything that nice yet. Wish I could. My eyes would cross and stay that way if I tried to do carvings that small. I wish I could figure out how to do that lacing. So pretty and neat. A real nice piece of art work.

Kate, what is "medieval justice" last I recal from Discovery Channel, it involved racks and chains and well who knows what? I'm glad you like your PIF, it was a joy to actually carve wood again, and smell the wood dust rather than leather dust.

And to think the day after I sent out those Barry King stamps, all the tutorials on basket weaving showed up on the forum....did you know something in advance...LOL

Ken

That is a nice buckle.As you probaly know I love the celtic patterns and Froghie, you really made it good with the colors and all, Love it:-)
Okay... I sent the photos of the PIF I got from Beaverslayer to Johanna, per her request. I think she plans to put together a page to show all the work that was done as part of this event. But since others are posting photos of their PIFs, I have to post these. The Beav sent me this beautiful(!) carved wood box of maple, walnut, and purpleheart, which is now sitting in a prominent location in my office, and a "little" something he found at a garage sale, of all places... a set of 3 basketweave stamps from Barry King.BoxWhole_500.jpg BoxTop_500.jpgBasketweavers_500.jpgWhat a wonderful PIF!!! I'm so grateful to have gotten this. Thank-you so much for this Beav! Grumpy, I'm still working on yours, and I hope to do medieval justice to Beav's generosity, and who knows, you may find some interesting basketweave stamping in it.Kind regards to all,Kate
Gorgeous box Beav. I alway apriciate someone that can made wood look like this, congrats Kate:-)

Froghunter - Beautiful work on the buckle. Now, why do I feel pressure to quickly improve my work? :lol: How did you lace around the buckle plate? The blank buckles I've seen don't have holes for lace.

Beaverslayer - You sure are multi-talented! What a beautiful box.

Heheh! Right, racks, chains, whips, etc. In other words, overkill. I'm not really into whips and chains, so what I really meant was, it's going to be a challenge to outdo that. But I think I've come up with something pretty good.

Kate

Kate, what is "medieval justice" last I recal from Discovery Channel, it involved racks and chains and well who knows what? I'm glad you like your PIF, it was a joy to actually carve wood again, and smell the wood dust rather than leather dust.

Thank you Myriam, if in the right mood I can even whip up from scrath some pretty damned good donuts, if you can believe.

Kate, maybe we should start a new type of PIF. I remember a few years back where a guy on Ebay started with a pink paper clip, and after about a year, ended up with a house that him and his new wife moved into.

Okay, I'll dye a piece of leather pink....yikes, and send it to the first person that wants to trade for a nice little house.....

Ken

Ken, it's funny you should mention this... I just came across the story about the "red paper clip" guy this morning through another site I visit frequently. It's an amazing story! (For those of you who have never heard this story,

about it.)

Kate

Kate, maybe we should start a new type of PIF. I remember a few years back where a guy on Ebay started with a pink paper clip, and after about a year, ended up with a house that him and his new wife moved into.

Okay, I'll dye a piece of leather pink....yikes, and send it to the first person that wants to trade for a nice little house.....

Ken

Froghunter ..... How did you lace around the buckle plate? The blank buckles I've seen don't have holes for lace.
The front and back leather pieces are punched, they are slightly larger than the actual buckle "plate" so it sandwiches the buckle INSIDE the leather.
That is a nice buckle.As you probaly know I love the celtic patterns and Froghie, you really made it good with the colors and all, Love it:-)Gorgeous box Beav. I alway apriciate someone that can made wood look like this, congrats Kate:-)

Thanks for the kind words Tina. I too love the celtic! But that small, well let's just say I used some ADULT language a couple of times as I fumbled to find a modeling spoon to fix mistakes!!! :angel_not:

Edited by Froghunter

Hey all, I've been sending Wolvie little teaser pics of what I'm making him for the PIF. Now that it's all done, and going out in the morning to the Sunny Southern USA, I thought I'd post a Teaser pic for all to see.

Just a little side note, there will be a tutorial on how I made this item as soon as Wolvie has recieved it.

teaser_3.jpg

Ken

post-1605-1207648604_thumb.jpg

oh beav, you are such a teas.... :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now all let's guess what it is! I see a sea monster emerging from flames.

Looks like a skull with flames behind it. Humm. Maybe a seat. Maybe not.

The front and back leather pieces are punched, they are slightly larger than the actual buckle "plate" so it sandwiches the buckle INSIDE the leather.

Ah, now I understand! Thanks for the info, Ken.

And just so everyone knows, I will also be posting a tutorial on the item I made once Ken has received it.

I just wanted to let you all know that I got my piece from Regis. It is a cool picture of a sailing ship. It is got a special spot next to the ClayB. Bear for all to see that visit my store. I will take my camera tomorrow to get some pictures for you all.

Great Job Regis!!!! :clapping:

Thanks so much for sharing your work with me.

ClayM.

Edited by Clay

Ok here are the pictures. I am really enjoying this piece.

ClayM.

jse_015.jpg

jse_013.jpg

post-255-1207884162_thumb.jpg

post-255-1207884182_thumb.jpg

Clay, Regis.... That is real cool. Shows that you dont just have to carve flowers and stuff into leather.... I like the USS.... LOL

As for the Tease.... yeah... Beave the tease.... he asked me my head size.... so i am guessing I am getting a skull on a skull cap.... I am watching the mail....

Kate.... give me a few more days.... i should have yours done by mid next week and out to you....