Hey folks, here are some pics of my IWB rig. I'm especially proud of this holster design; It took me over a year to get this one the way I wanted it, but I can say that I started from scratch and this is my own design. This particular holster is for an HK45C. It is a two tone Black and Burgundy holster with genuine Elephant accents. I will also be offering Shark and possibly Ostrich accents as well, depending on how sales turn out.

I designed this holster specifically so the butt of the gun stays tight to your body, but you can still get a full grip on the pistol while it's holstered. The angle of draw is adjustable from 11 to 23 degrees, in four degree increments. The snaps are Pull the Dot directional snaps that have a standard button so they are less conspicuous. Because the front of the holster is thin and flexible, the holster will break in quickly and conform to the shape of your body. The outside of the holster is rough out to help hold it in place during use (and allows a smooth-in interior surface to help the pistol draw quick and clean).

HK45CIWB2.jpg

The inside layer of the holster is lined with a plastic moisture barrier so sweat can't soak through and corrode your pistol's finish. The leather that is against your body is smooth side out so it won't irritate your skin (I will have protective coverings for the T-nuts soon as well, although none of my testers ever complained about them being uncomfortable).

HK45CIWB3.jpg

I just wanted to share some pictures with you guys 'cause I'm so excited to get this holster design finished (now all I have to do is catch up my back log and I can take orders for it). Thanks for looking; comments and questions welcome.

HK45CIWB1.jpg

Nice job!!!!

All the thought and planning has paid off in spades. The incremental snap positioning is simple and effective, I would think. The three colors add a nice touch.

Jeff,

Absolutely beautiful holster. You should feel proud. It truly is an original design. I've never seen anything even remotely similar.

That's beautiful, Jeff! I love the color and texture contrasts. That's one that it's easy to say "it's a shame to hide it."

I'd be wearing out the snaps taking it off to show folks. Amazing work.

Jeff,

Love the contrasting colors and finishes. That is a beautiful job.

Dave Theobald

Absolutely amazing!

How do attach those snaps in conjunction with the t-nuts? Also, where might one find those t-nuts?

McMaster-Carr is an excellent source for holster makers. You can get rubber sheets, rubber washers, t-nuts, screws, and all kinds of other stuff that folks constantly check for around here. Take a look: www.mcmaster.com

Hi,

What are the rubber sheets used for?

McMaster-Carr is an excellent source for holster makers. You can get rubber sheets, rubber washers, t-nuts, screws, and all kinds of other stuff that folks constantly check for around here. Take a look: www.mcmaster.com

Jeff, that is some very nice work.I can tell you put alot of thought into this one.Dave

Hi,

What are the rubber sheets used for?

Wouldn't you like to know.... :youwish:

JK! It is used in the presses that some holster makers use to form holsters.

Thank you, kind sir!

Protects the mattress and box spring.......oops wrong section :censored2: Very nice work on the design and implementation of the holster. It should be a rocket for sales.

Man - that looks fantastic!!

Art

Great looking holster! I really like it. Nice gun too!

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

That is just too pretty for an IWB holster. You need to create a belt slide version.

Dan

Hahahaha,,, Thanks for the Info!! At the pool where I go for exercize, they have some Thin Rubber sheets about 6" x 3feet long. They are just right to wrap around a Holster real tight, with some dense foam, to form the holster. It works good for me & best of all, the "broken" sheets are Free! The differnt colors apply differnt pressure also.

Ed

Wouldn't you like to know.... :youwish:

JK! It is used in the presses that some holster makers use to form holsters.

Cool! I always like hearing the crazy tools that leather workers come up with to do build their gear. If the customers only knew.....

Cool! I always like hearing the crazy tools that leather workers come up with to do build their gear. If the customers only knew.....

Hey, that holster looks really good. You should make holsters for a living or something. I have been designing an appendix carry holster in my head for quite awhile now. I am having trouble (in my head) with getting it to ride low enough to conceal but not so low it grinds into the boys while driving.

Truly great work again.

Kevin

Very good looking and clean design for an IWB holster.

It makes for a smooth leather towards the gun so you get a nice clean draw but looks good and stiff for one handed re-holstering. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Srigs and Shorts!

Okiwen, you had me goin' for a second....and the last comment was just plain TMI!! :blink:

Your right, I apologize.

I really would like to figure out a good way to carry in the front (appendix) though. I think that a tuck-able holster in front is easier to control and 'hide'. Yet, if it gets long enough to offer good support or stability it seems to be too long to make the turn around the hip bone or it crosses the center line and the zipper/fly ceases to be useful.

I wasn't kidding though, I do appreciate your talent on the holsters I have seen.

I love it!

The colors are great!!

cal

Thanks, Srigs and Shorts!

Okiwen, you had me goin' for a second....and the last comment was just plain TMI!! :blink:

You got it bud - big thumbs up. R&D takes a while. Drawing it out...after brain crunching...then building it. Then testing...then editing, redrawing...rebuilding, retesting.... it is definitely time consuming and it is mentally challenging. It can wear a person out! Nice job - looking at your picture I can feel the breath of relief you must have sighed knowing you've accomplished an item you were planning.