YinTx

Thought I'd share a Iined sheath I finished...

The design was simple, maybe version 2 will come out better!  Open to critique.  The leather was really thin, so will probably use thicker leather in the future or a soft backer board when tooling to get better depth.

YinTx

LinedSheath1LoRes.thumb.jpg.ce76f8a92fd233adfa371cc5db81816d.jpg

LinedSheath2LoRes.thumb.jpg.b6e102890b5e2957114580ab7cad2661.jpg

LinedSheath4LoRes.thumb.jpg.b6d5bd597adfec0788f5f630d23764c9.jpg

Looks nice!

Slick work on the top edge with the liner. Tidy, the carving looks really nice too!

Looks awesome!

Kudos!

Vikefan

Appreciate all the positive sentiments, especially since I just botched a week's worth of work on a wallet with the last bit of stitching!  I'll post it later so everyone can commiserate with me.

@battlemunky, that is just Fenice edge paint, since the liner can not be burnished.  Not sure how long it'll hold up to repeated knife use, time will tell!

YinTx

Not too shabby haha nice work 

Great looking work indeed.

Really great work - love the tooling AND the colour contrast between the outer leather and the inner. And... It's going to be a cradle for a blade? Which blade? :-) :-) :-)

1 minute ago, Riem said:

Really great work - love the tooling AND the colour contrast between the outer leather and the inner. And... It's going to be a cradle for a blade? Which blade? :-) :-) :-)

Appreciate it!  As far as the blade.. I don't know... waiting on any fellow with a folding blade to decide to buy it off my table next weekend!

YinTx

2 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Appreciate it!  As far as the blade.. I don't know... waiting on any fellow with a folding blade to decide to buy it off my table next weekend!

YinTx

Pity I'm not close by - you'd have a sale, done!

18 minutes ago, Riem said:

Pity I'm not close by - you'd have a sale, done!

Yeah, pity that.  I like having sales done!

YinTx

Good job Yin. I'm intrigued by the belt loop. Is there a bent metal clip under there or is it stitched along the bottom in which case you would have had to do it at the start?

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Good job Yin. I'm intrigued by the belt loop. Is there a bent metal clip under there or is it stitched along the bottom in which case you would have had to do it at the start?

Thanks.  There is no bent metal clip, the loop is stitched at the base.  I wonder myself how well it will hold up, but it is double stitched at the stress points.  Probably would be better to have a rivet in there or something next time around.

YinTx