Samv

RICHARD WALKER - Industrial Sewing Machine Man

I'm looking to get a j441 clone, has anyone bought a machine from Richard Walker in NJ? Kinda wanna make sure I'm not going to get any headaches. Also, new to this forum.

Thanks much.

Sam

It would help if you post a link to the company website and that machine.

7 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

It would help if you post a link to the company website and that machine.

https://industrialsewingmachineman.com/machines/mach.asp?dir=sewmach&brand=Cowboy&Model=CB4500&ProductType=Industrial+Straight+Stitch+Machines

He's got all the machines advertised here by the makers (cowboy, cobra, techsew, artisan etc)

Edited by Samv

It looks like a drop ship middle man. If anything goes wrong you would have to depend on him to assist you with parts or service. Don't know what else to tell ya.

If you are looking at getting a Cowboy, Cobra, or Techsew, the official dealers advertise here (via paid banners on top of each page) and provide after the sale service to their customers. Those advertisers keep the lights on here. That dealer is not one of our advertisers.

Contacted Heather at Leather Co, for the Cobra and her emails were lacking any sort of "bedside manners" didn't even get addressed by name and she told me they have lots of orders as if I was a bother to get minimal info before purchase. She even used caps at one point.

Toledo didn't even answer my email yet.

Techsew in comparison to Cowboy and Cobra seemed overpriced out the gate for the same clone. I also read reviews that were not flattering about their shipping.

Richard also seems to be in business for 15 plus years from my Google search and does repairs (has videos on YouTube).

So far Richard is the only one with both courtesy and price, and the former is maybe even more important. Was hoping someone had dealings with him to help me decide. Turns me off when on a large purchase the correct treatment is lacking to be honest, makes me think I'll need to worry about after the sale.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Samv

20 hours ago, Samv said:

I'm looking to get a j441 clone

Sorry to hear that you didn't get a good feeling particularly when you are wanting to buy an expensive machine. What are you planning on sewing? Have you thought of visiting a couple dealers in your area to see if they have something or considered whether maybe a 1341 class machine would suit your needs or even one of the one arm bandits.

kgg

2 minutes ago, kgg said:

Sorry to hear that you didn't get a good feeling particularly when you are wanting to buy an expensive machine. What are you planning on sewing? Have you thought of visiting a couple dealers in your area to see if they have something or considered whether maybe a 1341 class machine would suit your needs or even one of the one arm bandits.

kgg

Thanks, I'm not new to leather work, just expanding my repertoire to holsters, gear, some handbag design "carpetbag" style. All items needing the 441 clone/227 or bigger thread.

Just moved to Kansas, I'm assuming nearest me (Kansas City/Missouri area) they don't have this sort of machinery on hand because of the niche demand.

I'm attaching the only small size pic I have of the kind of handbag I've done, combination of 69 size thread with post bed and large size wax thread, hand stitched (too time consuming).

File_002.jpeg

Being in KC I would just call Toledo and speak with the owner directly. Their site has actual pix and videos  they made of machine and the price is the best online (2995 and up). The owner posts here and gives the best advice of all the 441 clone sellers IMO. I am a Consew dealer and I would probably buy a retail CB4500 from Bob before I bought a more expensive Consew 756r at wholesale. 

7 minutes ago, Dream4est said:

Being in KC I would just call Toledo and speak with the owner directly. Their site has actual pix and videos  they made of machine and the price is the best online (2995 and up). The owner posts here and gives the best advice of all the 441 clone sellers IMO. I am a Consew dealer and I would probably buy a retail CB4500 from Bob before I bought a more expensive Consew 756r at wholesale. 

Thanks for your post, Bob just wrote me as a matter of fact, so now I'm waiting for a shipping quote and hopefully we can do business. Always reassuring when the dealers are online and more accountable. Hopefully he's also good about follow up questions after delivery.

Bob and son have never done me wrong, I have purchased a 4500 and I’m pleased with his company!

1 minute ago, Doc Reaper said:

Bob and son have never done me wrong, I have purchased a 4500 and I’m pleased with his company!

Thanks, Doc!

Edited by Samv

17 minutes ago, Samv said:

Thanks for your post, Bob just wrote me as a matter of fact, so now I'm waiting for a shipping quote and hopefully we can do business. Always reassuring when the dealers are online and more accountable. Hopefully he's also good about follow up questions after delivery.

That's how things used to be done before everybody was online and buying with their thumbs. I still Call Bob on the phone to talk about machines and parts. That's how I used to get info before the Internet.

30 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

That's how things used to be done before everybody was online and buying with their thumbs. I still Call Bob on the phone to talk about machines and parts. That's how I used to get info before the Internet.

I know what you mean and I appreciate that as I'm old school too. 

I have nothing to add, just posting here to say great work on this bag on the photo!

44 minutes ago, Spyros said:

I have nothing to add, just posting here to say great work on this bag on the photo!

Thank you kindly, Sir

I am local to Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine and I have messaged Bob from this site several times and he always responds within  a few hours usually has what I need and I go in and pick it up later in the day. He is always willing to give advice and help out if You have any questions.

Bought from Bob at Toledo Industrial sewing machine, following your recommendation, the cb4500 shipped by TForce and delivered locally by Price Truck Line (name's not encouraging). Day three of getting the run around about delivery from their Wichita location, I'm just an hour drive east.

Tracking stopped at Colby KS, 4 hours west of Wichita, Jan 3. Delivery was supposed to be Tuesday 4. Wasted 2 working days waiting for delivery so far, no appointment set, don't know what's going on, it's starting to get expensive and I'm starting to get nervous with one "attempted" residential delivery without a lift gate cord because they didn't have the service stated on bill of lading for residential, so driver said!

I also have a 9-5. What do they expect you to do, call from work in the hope for a delivery? Shaping up like a nightmare, hope I'm wrong. Will call again in the morning.

So far I don't even have a purchase receipt from Bob which I requested emailed.

Edited by Samv

I'd be livid about lost 2 days of income due to sloppy shipping.

Call Bob now!!!

glenn

First thanks to those of you taking the time to leave supportive comments, I really appreciate it. 

This afternoon, after many calls, including those from Bob (thank you) I finally took delivery, although I had to still sweat it till the end, after paying over $100 for lift gate service and after Price Truck lines were repeatedly advised there was a lift gate drop-off, the driver still showed up without. So I had to call on a good neighbor to help me unload it!

The table seems ok, but it's laminate with big layer chunks chipped off under. Seems super cheap Chinese work. Everything else at first glance seems in order but haven't assembled it all yet.

When you add time lost from work it would go a long way if Bob decided to throw in some extra needles and thread, just to sweeten three days of pricey aggravation!

Edited by Samv

2 hours ago, Samv said:

First thanks to those of you taking the time to leave supportive comments, I really appreciate it. 

This afternoon, after many calls, including those from Bob (thank you) I finally took delivery, although I had to still sweat it till the end, after paying over $100 for lift gate service and after Price Truck lines were repeatedly advised there was a lift gate drop-off, the driver still showed up without. So I had to call on a good neighbor to help me unload it!

The table seems ok, but it's laminate with big layer chunks chipped off under. Seems super cheap Chinese work. Everything else at first glance seems in order but haven't assembled it all yet.

When you add time lost from work it would go a long way if Bob decided to throw in some extra needles and thread, just to sweeten three days of pricey aggravation!

I guess I would contact Bob and request a replacement for the table.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, Samv said:

after paying over $100 for lift gate service and after Price Truck lines were repeatedly advised there was a lift gate drop-off, the driver still showed up without.

Have you contacted the delivery company about getting a refund for the lift gate they didn't send?

4 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Have you contacted the delivery company about getting a refund for the lift gate they didn't send?

I was thinking the same thing.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:11 PM, Samv said:

after paying over $100 for lift gate service and after Price Truck lines were repeatedly advised there was a lift gate drop-off, the driver still showed up without. So I had to call on a good neighbor to help me unload it!

The table seems ok, but it's laminate with big layer chunks chipped off under.

Someone needs to refund the Lift-Gate fee and the case of beer for the neighbor.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:11 PM, Samv said:

The table seems ok, but it's laminate with big layer chunks chipped off under.

Should contact the retailer to have it replaced.

If you made the shipping arrangements then contact the shipper if the retailer made the shipping arrangements then contact them for both the Lift-Gate fee and the table replacement.

kgg

Bought a Cowboy Outlaw from Richard 3 weeks ago.Delievery was right on and had good tracking. Packaged very well no problems.

Had some issue's with skipping stitches so I called him. Had a couple things to try and said to call back if they didn't work.Didn't work so I called him back aand he hooked me up with a guy named neil. Neil knew exactly what was wrong and clued me in.Its working fine now,Iwoud buy again.

Take care 

TJ Smith