Cowboy action rig with shotshell belt and bullet slide.

HO leather, copper hardware and conchos

Resized_20220318_194618_432588611799719.jpeg

Beautiful:thumbsup::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Very, very nice. Love the color.

that blue thread sure looks good! That is one nice set!!

That is a beautiful rig.  I am not familiar with Cowboy shooting...are you limited to 10 rounds (6 in revolver + 4 in loop?) .  If so, makes sense there are only 4 loops.  Is there another reason for only 4?  @blue62

On 3/29/2022 at 9:46 AM, PastorBob said:

That is a beautiful rig.  I am not familiar with Cowboy shooting...are you limited to 10 rounds (6 in revolver + 4 in loop?) .  If so, makes sense there are only 4 loops.  Is there another reason for only 4?  @blue62

There are only 4 loops because they are for spare cartridges,  otherwise a belt full of loops looks pretty cool, but it gets mighty heavy when they are full.

Very nice. 

On 3/29/2022 at 7:46 AM, PastorBob said:

PastorBob, Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) is considered a three-gun sport consisting of 2 single action revolvers, 1 lever action rifle and 1 shotgun . So, yes, you are limited to 10 rounds for revolvers, but not in the way you are visualizing.  Each stage in CAS is comprised of 10 rounds in revolvers (5 rounds in each with hammer down on empty cylinder), 10 rounds rifle, and anywhere from 2-6 for shotgun. All three weapons are fired on a stage, and your are timed. Each miss adds 5 seconds to your stage time, and without going into a great amount of detail, time is also added if you don't shoot the targets in the correct order for that stage. So speed, accuracy, and a clear mind rule the day.  There are usually 6 stages to a match, and a stage may require a single round reload in either the rifle, a revolver, or both, so this is where the bullet slide comes into play.  If interested in finding out more, I suggest you check out the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) here: SASS - Home of Cowboy Action Shooting (sassnet.com).

blue62, I would be proud to wear that rig at a match.  Well done. I agree, although not traditional of the old west, I think the blue stitching makes a great accent against the black leather. Great stamp job on the gun belt. QUESTION: Why the single loop on one holster, and a double loop on the other? Different length barrels? 

Edited by RemingtonSteel

On 3/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, blue62 said:

Cowboy action rig with shotshell belt and bullet slide.

HO leather, copper hardware and conchos

Looks great! :You_Rock_Emoticon:.     Did you make the rig for a SASS shooter?

1 hour ago, RemingtonSteel said:

PastorBob, Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) is considered a three-gun sport consisting of 2 single action revolvers, 1 lever action rifle and 1 shotgun . So, yes, you are limited to 10 rounds for revolvers, but not in the way you are visualizing.  Each stage in CAS is comprised of 10 rounds in revolvers (5 rounds in each with hammer down on empty cylinder), 10 rounds rifle, and anywhere from 2-6 for shotgun. All three weapons are fired on a stage, and your are timed. Each miss adds 5 seconds to your stage time, and without going into a great amount of detail, time is also added if you don't shoot the targets in the correct order for that stage. So speed, accuracy, and a clear mind rule the day.  There are usually 6 stages to a match, and a stage may require a single round reload in either the rifle, a revolver, or both, so this is where the bullet slide comes into play.  If interested in finding out more, I suggest you check out the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) here: SASS - Home of Cowboy Action Shooting (sassnet.com).

blue62, I would be proud to wear that rig at a match.  Well done. I agree, although not traditional of the old west, I think the blue stitching makes a great accent against the black leather. Great stamp job on the gun belt. QUESTION: Why the single loop on one holster, and a double loop on the other? Different length barrels? 

I’m a SASS shooter and you nailed it, my alias is Tequila Shooter, I wonder if we might’ve met somewhere?

1 hour ago, RemingtonSteel said:

Thanks for the detailed information.  Heading to the site now.

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

I’m a SASS shooter and you nailed it, my alias is Tequila Shooter, I wonder if we might’ve met somewhere?

Tequila,  it's hard to summarize in a paragraph, but I tried my best. My SASS alias is Remington Steel, as my first single action revolver was a 44 cal. Steel frame Remington 1858 New Model Army revolver.  Unless you have been out to CA to compete I doubt we have meet,  but another new interest is RVingl, so maybe one day we will meet.

Probably should have also mentioned CAS is lot of fun, if you can find primers and powder so you can reload, as you typically go through 120 rounds (not counting shotgun shells or reloads) at a match.

I too am curious why one holster is single loop and the other is a double loop. Still very nice work.:specool:

On 5/20/2022 at 2:28 PM, RemingtonSteel said:

Tequila,  it's hard to summarize in a paragraph, but I tried my best. My SASS alias is Remington Steel, as my first single action revolver was a 44 cal. Steel frame Remington 1858 New Model Army revolver.  Unless you have been out to CA to compete I doubt we have meet,  but another new interest is RVingl, so maybe one day we will meet.

Probably should have also mentioned CAS is lot of fun, if you can find primers and powder so you can reload, as you typically go through 120 rounds (not counting shotgun shells or reloads) at a match.

RS - nope haven’t been to Cali.  I’ll shut up now I don’t want to take this thread off topic. 

The single loop holster is a crossdraw, the design works out better with only one loop.