Norwegian

Manufacture presser feet?

Would it be possible to make a presser foot somehow? It's hopeless to find feet for a Singer 45K58. Would 3d plastic be too soft/get worn out too fast? 

20220630_174038.jpg

Adler 4, 104, 5, 105 (jump foot versions) used similar feet but they are as rare as the Singer 45K feet. I had 20 or so different feet (Singer and Adler) but sold most of them some weeks ago cause I never used them. I have 5 left but I have no chance to check if they suit the 45K58 in particular cause some feet require certain  feed dogs. I have two I could part with but said said not sure if they fit the 45K58.

a left and right toe foot - kind of.

IMG_7750.thumb.JPG.0a6f7c8b2decb27cf875563ac1d58c34.JPGIMG_7753.thumb.JPG.cc719a96a26b6506ba4a20166d777450.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

I have feet for 45 K machines for sale.  Will be posting pics of them next week.

glenn

27 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Adler 4, 104, 5, 105 (jump foot versions) used similar feet but they are as rare as the Singer 45K feet. I had 20 or so different feet (Singer and Adler) but sold most of them some weeks ago cause I never used them. I have 5 left but I have no chance to check if they suit the 45K58 in particular cause some feet require certain  feed dogs. I have two I could part with but said said not sure if they fit the 45K58.

a left and right toe foot - kind of.

IMG_7750.thumb.JPG.0a6f7c8b2decb27cf875563ac1d58c34.JPGIMG_7753.thumb.JPG.cc719a96a26b6506ba4a20166d777450.JPG

Thank you! I'm not sure I should try, will need some changes..  Let me get some measurements tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

I have feet for 45 K machines for sale.  Will be posting pics of them next week.

glenn

Glenn, thank you! Like the ones in my picture? There are different feet for different 45K models.

I made a “new” foot  for a a machine with a rare seize by cutting off the upper part off a more standard foot and doing some welding and grinding

(in my case i made a combination of the upper part from one foot and the lower part of another one)

It did not look very appealing because i did not bother grinding of the weld but it worked perfect

(I did not take a photo and do not have it here at the moment)

You could make them in 3D using nylon  Taulman 230 on most printers, should last much longer than PLA or ABS, and hopefully take more stress, nothing to loose and easy to replace if they wear out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taulman-Nylon-Printing-Filament-Black/dp/B01MTK1JAG

Edited by chrisash

I ran into a similar problem on my 331 pfaff awhile back. I ground too much off the right side of the foot and it broke so I made one up using a bit of flat metal off  some machine that felt like it had a bit better than mild steel carbon to it. The piece was just a tad thicker than the foot and wide enough to do the job. This was all done using a drill for the slot hole end, a thin disc in an angle grinder, a Dremel thin cutting disc and a bit off polishing on a rag wheel with some Tripoly polishing compound. 

The Pfaff foot on the right has the broken foot at the back

DSC03810_resize.JPG

Cutting out the straight part here was the hardest part to do because you have to be careful not to go over deep.

DSC03811_resize.JPG

You can see here where I have made the right side thin to get my guide up closer to the needle than the standard foot allowed

DSC03812_resize.JPG

Here you can see it mounted on my machine. This allows me to stitch with the guide within 2.5mm from the edge.

DSC03817_resize.JPG

Time taken just over 2 hours but I have done a few before this one as well at other times. (Wear safety glasses)

6 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

I ran into a similar problem on my 331 pfaff awhile back. I ground too much off the right side of the foot and it broke so I made one up using a bit of flat metal off  some machine that felt like it had a bit better than mild steel carbon to it. The piece was just a tad thicker than the foot and wide enough to do the job. This was all done using a drill for the slot hole end, a thin disc in an angle grinder, a Dremel thin cutting disc and a bit off polishing on a rag wheel with some Tripoly polishing compound. 

The Pfaff foot on the right has the broken foot at the back

DSC03810_resize.JPG

Cutting out the straight part here was the hardest part to do because you have to be careful not to go over deep.

DSC03811_resize.JPG

You can see here where I have made the right side thin to get my guide up closer to the needle than the standard foot allowed

DSC03812_resize.JPG

Here you can see it mounted on my machine. This allows me to stitch with the guide within 2.5mm from the edge.

DSC03817_resize.JPG

Time taken just over 2 hours but I have done a few before this one as well at other times. (Wear safety glasses)

Wow! Nice!

On 6/30/2022 at 1:14 PM, Norwegian said:

Glenn, thank you! Like the ones in my picture? There are different feet for different 45K models.

i have feet for 45K23 and a couple of other models.  Feet are different for these 2 45 K models

glenn