chuck123wapati

bear gun

i was dinking around yesterday and decided to make a holster for my lil gun. lol its not much to look at but it was fun. this is made from scraps and is a first try, i may make some changes and rebuild it. most folks wouldn't admit to owning one let alone carrying it , Sedco 22 lr, but I have carried this thing a thousand miles in the boonies it fits a nice little pocket in my hunting pack.. Its kind of a family joke being called my Bear gun.

sedco1.jpg

Very nice! I have a tiny North American Arms 5 shot 22lr revolver. It's smaller than your bear gun! WAs thinking about a holster for that. I've never made one so it'll be a 1st.

30 minutes ago, DaveP said:

Very nice! I have a tiny North American Arms 5 shot 22lr revolver. It's smaller than your bear gun! WAs thinking about a holster for that. I've never made one so it'll be a 1st.

Thanks !! i used the pattern for my Buck 110 knife sheath to start with, all i had to do was widen it a bit your NAA might fit it well.

People can knock carrying a "mouse gun" all day, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be shot by one.

The mouse gun you carry is more useful than the big gun that sits in the safe because it's too large to conceal or to heavy to carry comfortably.

Edited by MainiacMatt

15 minutes ago, MainiacMatt said:

People can knock carrying a "mouse gun" all day, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be shot by one.

The mouse gun you carry is more useful than the big gun that sits in the safe because it's too large to conceal or to heavy to carry comfortably.

Amen to that brother!! they will make you squeal like a lil piggy.

Nice little holster you got there. I love my mouse guns. I have a north american arms mini revolver in 22 mag which is what i carry in my pocket when around the house or workin in my shop. And also have an Italian 25acp that looks about like your 22 that i carry as a back up in an ankle holster or pocket holster quite often when im out in public. Heres my 25acp pocket holster it prints like a wallet or cell phone. 

20230401_134301.jpg

20230401_134326.jpg

I have done several holsters for NAAs. Pocket, iwb mostly. I carry an lcp a lot, usually in a pancake, but have a pocket sleeve for winter. The little gun you have beats the one you left at home by a mile. Nice looking  Chuck.

Nice little holster, no matter what I'm carrying I also always have a .380 in my front pocket.

Very neat and compact, I like it :specool:

HS

6 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Nice little holster, no matter what I'm carrying I also always have a .380 in my front pocket.

I pocket a Colt 45 Derringer, and side holster a 380

9 hours ago, HandyDave said:

Nice little holster you got there. I love my mouse guns. I have a north american arms mini revolver in 22 mag which is what i carry in my pocket when around the house or workin in my shop. And also have an Italian 25acp that looks about like your 22 that i carry as a back up in an ankle holster or pocket holster quite often when im out in public. Heres my 25acp pocket holster it prints like a wallet or cell phone. 

20230401_134301.jpg

20230401_134326.jpg

i like that!!   rough out so it holds netter in your pocket?

9 hours ago, Hags said:

I have done several holsters for NAAs. Pocket, iwb mostly. I carry an lcp a lot, usually in a pancake, but have a pocket sleeve for winter. The little gun you have beats the one you left at home by a mile. Nice looking  Chuck.

thank you. I've always used it as an emergency pack gun or to get a blue grouse now and then while bow hunting never really thought about carrying it in town to much until lately. Life has changed.

7 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

thanks!

5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Very neat and compact, I like it :specool:

HS

Thanks !!

1 hour ago, Doc Reaper said:

I pocket a Colt 45 Derringer, and side holster a 380

45 /410? wicked mean wish i had the extra dough for one of those critters.

Ankle holster for Bond Arms 357. 2 shots, throw it and run. 

FD072A3B-0FD9-4A4C-991E-310DE976E472.jpeg

11 hours ago, 327fed said:

Ankle holster for Bond Arms 357. 2 shots, throw it and run. 

FD072A3B-0FD9-4A4C-991E-310DE976E472.jpeg

sweet!! I thought about an ankle holster maybe i could add something to make mine work both ways.

ya need to learn to reload while hauling ass lol. We taught the British to do it  so it cant be that hard .

JUST A VERY OLD JOKE NO HARM INTENDED OR MEANT!!!!!!

On 7/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, HandyDave said:

20230401_134301.jpg
Making your own gun holster is a fun hobby for many people and can be a rewarding, creative endeavor. However, we must remember that handling firearms must be very careful and responsible. I recently studied gun violence. Safety should always be a priority when handling firearms.
Regarding holsters, I also have a lot of them (I make them myself), I’ll send you a photo soon.

20230401_134326.jpg

Your choice of pistols is not bad.

Edited by Northmount
Removed political link to essay writers site

Very cool Chuck. I have several NAA Minis and I make all my own holsters for them. But my EDC is my NAA Black Widow 22 mag 2" brl. I usually carry it on my belt , T shirt covers it nicely , but I sometimes just drop it in my pocket.

I laughed when I first read your post, thought it said " I was drinking yesterday " lol drinking and guns don't mix, glad I read it twice.:oops:

On 9/15/2023 at 9:38 AM, JerryKilian said:

Your choice of pistols is not bad.

I made the mistake of clicking the link you added, what a bunch of leftist liberal views on firearms, obviously written by college students.

Nice creation for a bear protector Chuck, some time ago i did the same with some crap leather for my little FN back up thing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 Harnasholster FN 1906 3.jpg

Edited by Stitcher64