ArtS

Let us see you!

No, don't sell it! When you get one that nice you have to keep it.

My buddy's had the muffler pipes coming our of two holes in the panel under the bumper. It came from the factory like that and I always thought that was cool looking.

Art

Yes art, the katana is 29.5 inches, a little over my size unless I improve my posture a bit, it looks considerably longer though cause of the saya being 3 inches longer than blade..

As for the coat yes, I made that one myself, over six months when I worked for honour on my lunch hours.. first ever coat and lasted over 6yrs so far.

So many hidden pockets in the thing, but heres a few pics I took earlier this year...

Trench_coat_mosaic.jpg

post-7332-1222572018_thumb.jpg

That really looks good. I would love to make my own jacket some day. Is it very hard to put a lining in one?

Art

If you have a machine that does the leather it won't be a problem.

The hardest thing for me was getting the size of the lining right, which I didn't quite get perfect, theres also a few pieces where the machine slipped and I lost a few stitches but other than that, the pattern to begin with is a pain in the ass, especially if your working from scratch...

And not that you can really see it but the lining along the bottom was loose and I used press studs to close it to the leather, for the simple reason of being able to get access to the inside..(theres a headphone tunnel which comes out just behind the left shoulder blade but a bit higher which leads in from the inside left breast pocket)

My advice would be go to a charity/thrift shop get an old one and take it apart for a pattern, Thats what I would do now if I didn't have this one as a basic.

But thank you for the compliments on the design, it's my proudest piece yet probably, and every one wants me to make them one...Wish I had a machine to do that now...

Here I am and one with my brother on the snake river.

Josh

JBIRD_333.JPG

JBIRD22.JPG

JBIRD_11.JPG

post-6549-1222574962_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1222575004_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1222575044_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

I bet the fish taste good out of that river. What are you catching?

Art

Hey Tom was that second picture taken before or after you empties that big round tank! :P:cheers:

Art

Hey Art, you gotta be kiddin me. That's no tank, just a mine that float ashore at Bruichladdich distillery.

Now this pic shows the tank we emptied :jawdropper:

Tom

IMG_6963_01.jpg

post-5146-1222595367_thumb.jpg

Since we're now posting pics of our wheels, I thought I'd include a couple of my two wheelers

My big boy, Felix and my '93 Harley FXR (note, total lack custom seat or leatherwork, which will be this winter's project)

MeCart2.JPG

my_Harley3.JPG

post-6120-1222608409_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1222608454_thumb.jpg

LOL Tom, I told my wife "gee this tank looks more like a mine." I guess I was right.

One day we'll sit down and have a sip.

Felix looks like he could go through a brick wall. Great looking horse. What kind is he? Good looking cart too.

I can't wait to see another picture of that Harley in the spring. It's beggin' for customer leather!

Art

Edited by ArtS

I bet the fish taste good out of that river. What are you catching?

Art

They were big fat brown trout, lake trout, rainbow trout, reel fighters.

Josh

Not many pictures of me around, but here's one from me and a buddy messing around after taking some photo's for my website.

I'm the one in the shirt and tie.

With_cows.jpg

post-5814-1222623367_thumb.jpg

This is a cool idea! It's nice to be able to put a face to the name.

Here's one of my and my girl at the Bushmill's Distillery in Ireland. At the end of the tour, they sat us down in front of these mats with all of those shots of whiskey, scotch, and bourbon and had us do a 'taste test'. Then, they sent us on our way to drive on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road. Brilliant!

DSC01907.JPG

post-6744-1222625500_thumb.jpg

A short video of my bird making sure the storage tires aren't out of round.......for ARTs

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6532445371957780535

It says video not available.

Art

hey schno...i see the wheelchair in the back of the picture...must be for those that have 1 or 6 too many "taste tests" :cheers::rofl:

darryl

It's there now. I was right. Sounds tough!

Art

hey schno...i see the wheelchair in the back of the picture...must be for those that have 1 or 6 too many "taste tests" :cheers::rofl:

That's how they got me out to the car! Man, I love the Irish!

This is a cool idea! It's nice to be able to put a face to the name.

Here's one of my and my girl at the Bushmill's Distillery in Ireland. At the end of the tour, they sat us down in front of these mats with all of those shots of whiskey, scotch, and bourbon and had us do a 'taste test'. Then, they sent us on our way to drive on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road. Brilliant!

DSC01907.JPG

Ah, you devil you! I soooo envy that!! Love Bushmills!!

We're taking sight on Orkney islands next time on tour though, Highland Park and great viking heritage on that island!!

Tom

l_35ab5c23134c1fa81ffac02f21933cb2.jpg

I'm the one on the left.

me2.jpg

post-3955-1222656504_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1222657751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin King

Hang on, I'm looking for my old milk carton photo.

pic1.jpg - Myself and my Wonderful Bride (MaggieS)

pic2.jpg - Myself doing one of my favorite things! Loving my wife!

pic3.JPG - Myself and my best friend of 27 years... (we've been into the spirits)

pic4.JPG - Myself and our Royal Star! (Heading to Daytona Bikeweek Feb '08)

post-6344-1222681880_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1222681894_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1222681907_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1222681920_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of myself after a rodeo in honor of my dad. The Ken McDaniel Memorial Rodeo, Chino Valley, Arizona. A very long day.

Butch2.jpg

This is a picture of my Wife and ElCamino at a local car show

Tammy_and_El_Camino.jpg

post-5743-1222692577_thumb.jpg

post-5743-1222692613_thumb.jpg

Ok, here's my pics. But there is a story and explanation that goes along with them.

I spent the summer as a trail guide in training for horseback packtrips in the mountains. I work for Bear Basin Packtrips out of Westcliffe, CO. This summer I was learning the ropes, so to speak, of all the ins and outs of trail guiding. All the trips I went on was as the wrangler, meaning I took care of the horses and clients but did not lead the group. (by the way, in case you don't know a wrangler only works with horses and a cowboy works cows, so I am a wrangler) The first pic with me in the cowboy (er, wrangler) hat is my first trip. The pic was taken at roughly 11,500 feet. This first trip was sure a learning experience. I love the old west and love dressing the part, hence the tall boots, round crown hat (which sheds water really well), vest, scarf, band collar shirt, gun rig etc..... which leads me to my second pic. This is the valley that we were camping in the first night. Beautiful isn't it??? But, see the sky?? This is what it looks like before all hell breaks loose. By the time we hit the valley floor it was raining hard and by the time we got camp set up it was hailing and really started piling up. (but not as bad as it could have been as I found out on the third trip) The long and short of it is.........I was soaked to the bone from the waist down. My cowboy duster really was waterproof and it worked, the problem was the boots. Leather soles and high tops got wet quick, and yes I had waterproofed them with Feibings Aussie, like I do all my boots. Problem was the water was being wicked in by the leather soles. By the time I turned in for the night I couldn't feel my feet. So inside my sleeping bag I had my feet stuffed into my down vest with a piece of shearling (that I use when somebody gets a sore butt) stuffed into the neck hole, and dry wool socks. Took a few hours but finally got them warm. Next morning my boots were still soaked thru and cold as ice. Well I knew I would never be able to get them on this wet..........problem was I did not bring another pair of boots or shoes or even flip flops with me. But..........I did have some Wal-Mart bags!!!! So I stuffed my feet in the bags and taped them on and went and started a fire. Finally got the boots dried out enough that I could get them on......hours later.

........and yes I caught a lot of guff for my Wal-Mart bags. But I was glad I had them.

Since this trip the only time I wear the tall boots or anything leather soled are for ranch rides or day trips under perfect skies.

Which brings me to the 3rd pic. This is towards the end of my second trip.........notice the change in attire!!!! Traded old west for North Face, micro fleece, ball caps and wool watch caps, caprilene and on my feet Vasque waterproof hikers and Gore Tex gaiters!!! Way more comfortable!!!! I did however keep the silk scarf as you can use it for alot of things and it is warm.

The 3rd pic was also taken at between 11 and 12,000 feet. Notice that stuff on the left?? Those are clouds and we were above them, had to ride down into them and stayed in them for the next 5 hours. They were wet and cold. Sunshine never felt so good!!

By the way, my friend, Will Ghormley, made fun of me in the first pic for having "petroleum" saddle bags. Sorry, Will but they sure do keep your stuff dry!!! (I even keep my clothes in dry bags inside them, so they are double protected)

I don't dare show him the 3rd pic..............

Sorry I got so long winded, but story tellin' is what I do, 'specially 'round the campfire!!!

Tim

atwork.JPG

hell.JPG

atwork2.JPG

post-5218-1222701199_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1222701281_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1222701310_thumb.jpg

Tim, I have to admit I prefer the look of the hat in the first picture rather than the third picture...

Have you thought about a barmagh in buffalo?

Cool job man, great score

This pic is about two years old-but it's the whole family except for Wade's oldest son Travis who was living in Florida then.

family__Medium_.jpg

These are my kids to John Henry- Jane & Jack.

mykids.jpg

Here's Wade and me...why this man puts up with me I'll never know, but I am grateful!

meandwade2.jpg

This is Wade and our grandaughter Olivia. She's perfect, of course. When she's not, we can give her back to her parents. Perfect.

P1010041__Medium_.JPG

Johanna

post-5-1222711568_thumb.jpg

post-5-1222711592_thumb.jpg

post-5-1222711630_thumb.jpg

post-5-1222711848_thumb.jpg