There are many 335A machines, SR, WR and so on, but don't know the MR.    Assuming its either a real Pfaff or a clone then its going to be a compound feed cylinder arm that would ideally be good on leather, the other guys here will know more than me.

Oh sorry it's MT335A. Yes it is cylinder arm walking foot. You think this is a better option? It is doubly more expensive than the cross arm singer 18U.

Trevor,

I have seen these free manuals and used them, but get busy sometimes so you made it very easy for me to find manuals right hear on the leatherworker forum, Yay! It can take a while hunting around, so a real time saver. I just used the 96-10 manual you posted to figure out where a part goes on my newest Old Singer. Thank you!

Newbie here, Hope I'm posting in the right place. I've been seeing ads on eBay for the following-pinion for the Singer 29K51. They list it mainly for the 29K71 but include many other models.  It has a different part # from the 29K51 parts list but I was hoping it may be usable. Is this 82180 pinion interchangeable with the 82071 in the 29K51 parts list? If so then the gear pattern must be the same and could this pinion be modified to replace the other 29K51 pinions? Also the rack and the shuttle carrier may be modifiable. Most of these parts are available new. Probably made in China, but if they work it'll be good news for us 29K51 owners.

eBay ads for Singer 29K51 following pinion  

IITEM: SINGER 29K SHUTTLE CARRIER FOLLOWING PINION Part# 82180

For: Singer 29K

FITS SINGER: FITS ALL SINGER 29K MACHINES INCLUDING- 29U171A, 29U172A ETC.

29-4, 29K1, 29K2, 29K3, 29K4, 29K10, 29K11, 29K12, 29K13, 29K14, 29K15, 29K16, 29K17, 29K18, 29K21, 29K22, 29K23, 29K30, 29K31, 29K32, 29K33, 29K51, 29K53, 29K56, 29K71, 29K72, 29K73

NO,it won't work,the gears for the 29K51 are real fine teeth & haven't been available for over 40 yrs.

2nd what Bob said - they will never ever fit! The K50´s sub class gearbox has a total different design.

29K5x Gear Box.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

On 01/09/2016 at 9:43 PM, Singermania said:

The Singer list is good and most people know about it, but most of the machine manuals people are looking for are not on that list, that is why they are writing and enquiring.  If you need manuals then I sent out what I have free of charge via email.... I have the 132K6 series, 133K8 series, 45k flatbed and cylinder arm, Adler 20 series, Champion, Pearons no 6 and A1 and so on.

Don't be afraid to ask, I send out on average about 5 manuals per week.

I would very much like the 132K6 series service/instruction manual, I did find the parts list? I'm also hoping to locate 331k5 instruction and parts manuals, as I've bought that machine already, and currently waiting for it to arrive, but it has no manuals with it, and haven't found them on any of the sites/links listed above, so if anyone has one or access to one for photocopies or pdf attachment I'd be eternally grateful?

if you let me have your email address I'll send you the K6 operators manual, the service manual is a lot bigger and not on my disk... the 331k manual is not in my library, however I'm sure someone else will have it...

111w155 presser bar

Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm in a small town on the east coast of Australia. I repair sewing machines for a living. I have just had a 31k48 come in for a service. We used to see a lot of them in the sixties They were a popular machine for light shoe making. Because they had a circular feed dog it never dropped below the plate and the circular feed was moved by dogs. The advantage of the no drop feed was control , the dis advantage was no reverse. I need a feed dog for the one i am working on. The operator did not notice the roller foot was seized and it has ground half the teeth off the circular feed. The feeders came in different configurations , wide and narrow and coarse and fine teeth. All the ones I have seen were made from cast iron. So far I have not been able to source replacement parts for the machine. I will have to strip it and try to find part numbers for the feed ,plate and bobbin case. Cheers Ron. 

Hi, please I need any good leather sewing machine, if there is someone who want to sell, I want to buy. Thanks,  HIFEABS 

On 2/11/2018 at 6:05 PM, Hifeabs said:

Hi, please I need any good leather sewing machine, if there is someone who want to sell, I want to buy. Thanks,  HIFEABS 

This section of the LW.N forum is for discussing leather sewing machine capabilities and their suitability for particular types of projects. Please visit our Market Place section of the forum where  there is a sub-section for buying and selling new/rebuilt and old sewing machines. Most posted on Leatherworker.net are leather sewing machines with various capabilities.

On 02/09/2016 at 6:43 AM, Singermania said:

The Singer list is good and most people know about it, but most of the machine manuals people are looking for are not on that list, that is why they are writing and enquiring.  If you need manuals then I sent out what I have free of charge via email.... I have the 132K6 series, 133K8 series, 45k flatbed and cylinder arm, Adler 20 series, Champion, Pearons no 6 and A1 and so on.

Don't be afraid to ask, I send out on average about 5 manuals per week.

Hi Singermania

ive noticed you have a library of manuals, do you happen to have one for a Toyota AD320

Ls2-ad320-202 compound foot 

thks

Hi, sorry no I mostly have manuals for older leather machines like Singers, Champions, Pederson, Koch, Atlas, Busmc etc

Singermania,

What manuals do you have for the Singer 45K53?

Thank you

Can anyone help me identify this machine and give me feedback on it's ability to handle sewing shoe uppers?  I'm in LA area and this is the only used machine I've come upon. They are asking  $950.  Any input appreciated!  New to the forum and to shoe making...

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

uuuuh - haven´t seen this one before :huh:  so just form what it looks to me i tis a Singer Zigzag post bed machine and the head part is based on the Singer 107w as far as I can tell.

Probably 3 step ZZ or it is making some sort of stitch pattern - I think thats what the device on the backside is for. But I only can guess.

The dealer has no information?

Hello, I have a 29k that I recently purchased and I've cleaned and oiled her good, watched the videos on how to properly thread, etc but I it still won't stitch.  By that I mean it moves but never picks up the bobbin thread. I think it is because the tension in the disks where the thread first passes through is to tight but if I loosen the screw on the tension disk anymore it will come off. I also tried to adjust the other tension screw at the top and that loosens it but then my pressure foot doesn't seem to stay down well. I hope this makes sense. I appreciate any guidance as I really want to use It! Thanks. 

Stole this from the Canadian Leathercrafter's FB page...sorry, too funny not to share! :lol:

Singer songwriter.jpg

Well that just Adlers my mind.....I'll be Pfaffed...Just Juki ng with ya. Ha Ha :lol: What is the Inverse necky on the side? Do they have an owl with its head facing backward as a logo? :huh:

This topic actually started out as a discussion about industrial sewing machine manuals. It has since morphed into an anything goes discussion. So, I am unpinning it and making it a standard topic.

Regarding manuals, Johanna and I are thinking about starting a new forum where sewing machine and needles manuals can be uploaded and kept in one place. I will let you know if/when this forum goes live.

6 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

This topic actually started out as a discussion about industrial sewing machine manuals. It has since morphed into an anything goes discussion. So, I am unpinning it and making it a standard topic.

Regarding manuals, Johanna and I are thinking about starting a new forum where sewing machine and needles manuals can be uploaded and kept in one place. I will let you know if/when this forum goes live.

That would be wonderful.