I've got this old felt hat. Probably over 20 years old. It's been great, it's my fave, but the band, now that I've made a couple of other bands for other hats, is looking a little bland. So I made one with a design I've used for two belts. That didn't do it for me, so I sucked it up and tried my hand at the arrowhead basketweave design. It worked! I did watch a couple of videos online, first, though. That helped a lot.

In the first pic, the original boring band, in the middle the interim one, and on the hat, the final product. I'm happy with it, the next one will be better, now that I know what to watch for when stamping.

hatbandoptions.jpg

hatband.jpg

Worked very well, and the blue "accents" are a nice touch, a jay feather might be overkill, ..or not...

very nice. check out realdealbrazil.com.

Sheee doggies! That is a great lookin hatband! Love the turquoise looking accents. Good work :)

I like the turquoise too.  They're a lot better looking than the binder clip you tried the first time. :)

The arrowhead basket weave looks great too.

Nicely done

I have to agree tho; that bull-dog clip just doesn't suit it at all. The rivets are much nicer

The 'interim' one is nice too

Everyone seems to like the turquoise but I'm thinking binder clips all the way! Haha just messin' it's a stunning piece. Good work. 

Just trying to make my mark on my stuff! 

21 hours ago, rodneywt1180b said:

I like the turquoise too.  They're a lot better looking than the binder clip you tried the first time. :)

The arrowhead basket weave looks great too.

That's comedy right there.....

Great looking band, Alpha.

Thanks, Mutt!

Looks way better than the bland band and better than the interim. I'm going to have to try my hand at the arrowhead pattern, I think it looks really cool and your hat band wears it well!

Thanks, Battlemunky! The hat is actually so faded (except the underside), that it looked like it still had a band on it when I took the original off. I've done two other bands for western hats, they're fairly quick to do and really spice up the hats. Okay, to be truthful, the rope-stamped one wasn't that quick. Keeping it aligned for the entire length was a real challenge. I practiced a LOT before tackling the band.

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

Edited by alpha2