chriscraft

Aging.... blurry vision when tooling

10 hours ago, Handstitched said:

In Australia, we have an annual   Medicare levy of 2%  , so we can go to a   public doc or  public hospital, get treated....and walk out again...unless you've just broken your leg  :rofl: ...ahem...sorry :) Meds are discounted if you're on benefits or pension etc. otherwise full price.  Private practices are the money  munchers . 

Yes, back on topic: I will have to get my eyes tested  again ( for free) , eventually . 

And how often do you have to change the batteries in those?  Perhaps the plug-in  desk type might be better after all, but I guess these days you can get rechargable lithium batteries  ,  or get a pair without the lights , decisions decisions .  The ' hug light' looks handy. My Mother is always knitting or sewing. 

HS 

What is the percentage of tax removed from your pay?  

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

if its the ratchet lock type you may be able buy those parts at the local welding shop.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

ratchet type  hard hat head band  $4.75

Unfortunately not available in N.I. New hard hats* are cheaper than that replacement head band. Broken band on the hard hat? just replace with a new hat.

* a fully approved, high quality hard hat for £1.99 or about $2.25

@Frodo  from our ATO website The Medicare levy helps fund some of the costs of Australia's public health system known as Medicare. The Medicare levy is 2% of your taxable income, in addition to the tax you pay on your taxable income. ... Your actual Medicare levy is calculated by us when you lodge your income tax return.Jul 1, 2020

Back on  topic.

@fredk Thanks for mentioning that.  Even though they're cheap enough to buy, they should last a bit longer than that.  I'm leaning towards the desk type . 

HS

On 12/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, ABHandmade said:

I am 48 years old. The same situation 2 years ago: (
For fine work, instead of glasses I use this one. Illumination and a set of 5 lenses helps a lot.

DSC_0438.JPG

Where you get those and what are they called.  I use a visor but that’s cool

On 8/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, Wykoni said:

Where you get those and what are they called.  I use a visor but that’s cool

Hello! I apologize for the delay in answering - I haven't been here very often lately.
This particular model that I have is called Magnifier Binokulare MG81001-H. I bought it in Ukraine, but a Google search says that you can buy it here, par example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnifier-Binokulare-MG81001-H-Led-Backlit-Display/dp/B082WDS4KL

Edited by ABHandmade

On 8/8/2020 at 3:56 PM, Aven said:

Wykoni, check out MicroMark.com 

Search Optivisor Professional Series Set  Item #84431

I have something very similar to this.