Sign in to follow this  
johnnyblaze

Claes Patcher Needles

I'm trying to locate some smaller needles for my Claes 8346-30 patcher.    (system 88 needles).  The smallest I've been able to locate online is size 100.  I would like to find some size 90.  In a previous post someone mentioned Mr. Lars Bethke at www.altenaehmaschine.de.  I sent him an email last week but he has not responded.  Looking at his ebay page it appears that something may have happened to him because numerous buyers reported they never received items they ordered last year.  I tried looking on ebay in Germany but didn't see any.   Can anyone suggest anywhere else to try?  

Thanks!!

I have no source - sorry! I would have suggested SHOE SYSTEM PLUS but seems their smallest size is 100. At LANDIS the smallest size seems to ne 100 as well.

Maybe LW Member SHOEPATCHER knows more.

Edited by Constabulary

42 minutes ago, chrisash said:

88x1 and System 88 are not the same!

88x1 is a short needle mainly for industrial straight stitchers or sergers, system 88 is a long needle for patchers.

Never have seen a places to get System#88 needles in size 90.  What are you sewing that you need a needle so small?

glenn

Actually www.altenaehmaschine.de shows the 90's in their inventory but the guy seems to have disappeared.  

I'm sewing some lighter weight polyester sail cloth.  The 100's are okay but I thought it would be interesting to see how far I can push the Claes.  Really impressed with this machine so far.  I've only done a bit of hand crank stitching but it never seems to miss a stitch.    

John.