My latest creation. Bible cover for a large Bible, 2.5" x 8" x 11". Fully lined, hand sewn and tooled.

bible cvr 1.jpg

bible cvr 2.jpg

bible cvr 3.jpg

bible cvr 4.jpg

bible cvr 5.jpg

bible cvr 6.jpg

Retswerb, Yeah about 60 or so. Sore fingers from that round of stamping. Thanks.

I dig the handle on the spine.  I always liked that feature on my (cordura) bible cover.  I've never added a zipper to anything but I do want to try it.    I like your paint job, too.  

JayEhl, Thanks. Zippers are tricky. Get Al Stohlman's 3 set books on cases, etc. They are thin paper back, illustrated and very helpful.

Nice work on the wood grain of the cross. The vine adds not only meaning but also depth and detail to your work. 

Great job! Rick.

rleather, Thanks so much.

Yeah, great work all around!

battlemunky, Thanks, it was definitely a challenge. 

Thanks

Cm1, Are you talking about the whole project or the front cover? I used the Al Stohlman 3 book set on "The Art of Making Leather Cases". https://tandyleather.com/collections/books-patterns/products/the-art-of-making-leather-cases

The front cover design I just drew it up.

Would be very happy to carry my Bible to church in that:)

Very nice work!

Thanks

On 11/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, corkscrew said:

Cm1, Are you talking about the whole project or the front cover? I used the Al Stohlman 3 book set on "The Art of Making Leather Cases". https://tandyleather.com/collections/books-patterns/products/the-art-of-making-leather-cases

The front cover design I just drew it up.

I am talking about the whole project . But if the pattern for the project is in the books I'll go ahead and check it out.

Cm1, Those books are very helpful for many projects. Best of luck.

That looks like a great project you’ve created! The detail and craftsmanship are impressive. I’m curious, did you use a pattern or design of your own for the front cover? I’m a member of an Apostolic Pentecostal church here in Portland, so Bible covers like this have special meaning to me. It’s always great to see someone with the skill to turn a dream into reality.  I’m sure it took some time to get all the details just right. I bet the back stamping was the most time-consuming part! I used to work with leather myself, so I know a thing or two about the process. We should chat sometime about the techniques and tools you used for this project.  Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day.

Beautiful workmanship the woodgrain on the cross, the colors, the stitching, detail, texture, and design are all top-shelf work and all for the greatest purpose.

that is beautiful!!!