All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well it now has a home made speed reducer and I drilled and tapped the back for a KH sewing edge guide. These two modifications should make it quite a bit more controllable.
  3. oh, the thread is bunched up!! I really don't know how to sort that out
  4. Today
  5. I did one . . . once . . . don't wear it often as it is kinda heavy on the noggin May God bless, Dwight
  6. Lots of topic areas (forums). Pick the ones that seem to fit and fire away! Descriptions of each on the home page. There's also the forum, How do I do that? Some of the posts get moved into other forums they fit into.
  7. One thing to check is if your safety clutch has been tripped. If the thread is bunched up, there's a good chance it tripped and will appear as if the timing is way off.
  8. Blackrocks Leather N' Rich has worked on mine for a couple of years now. Been rained on a few times and wipes/dries right off.
  9. how cool will have to try at some point
  10. Moved out of Help wanted to Dyes, Antiques, Stains, Glues, Waxes, Finishes and Conditioners. Posts in Help wanted need moderator's approval before they can be seen. You are better off asking questions here.
  11. Nice work. That's awesome. I have been wanting to make a leather hat like that. I would also like to put some type of wire around the brim of it so I can form/ bend it in any shape I want. Great work.
  12. Bill Bean 56 wade 15 1/2 seat 4 1/4 x12 cantle 6 1/2 gullet 4inch at back of handhold 3 x 4 1/2 horn Ordered to fit heavy backed horses 800.00 plus shipping Located in cody wy
  13. Outstanding and congratulations. It's a tough project, isn't it? The hat in my pic was the first bigger project I did. I made a rookie mistake by getting into the belly for my brim. I constantly have to flatten it back out. Looks like a 1 piece crown? I used 2 pieces, sewn front and back. Then I made another with a 1 piece crown and it just doesn't sit right. Never came back to it. How about a pic of the inside?
  14. ok, I found an amazing video that covers the installation. I see the pads are already in there - I see what you mean now and I'll try that. I hope this video helps someone! I'm close but oh boy is my thread bunched up. I'll start a new thread on timing...
  15. Pic requires a login. Please just upload it here and make it easy for us. EDIT: I didn't realize you'd tagged onto an old thread. Also suggest you start a new thread where you'll get more action.
  16. Yesterday
  17. oh dang. I don't think I have the brake pads on. My motor didn't come with any instructions. Anyone have a link?
  18. my 1st try at making leather hat, still have to let dry some, dye & not sure where black came from or if can get out now. everyones thoughts
  19. Thanks Ron, The last Wade I made was only a 1/2 inch rise, and I am never sure how it will feel until I cover the darn thing. I believe the set of rear d's that I have are JW. I am always on the look out for new hardware, and nice conchos that will not set me back a fortune.
  20. Without a round knife, I use both a Japanese style skiving knife (from Olfa, with the replaceable blades, which I just sharpen and strop), and a French style. I use them for different tasks.
  21. what does everyone recommend using on a leather hat to help keep water proof & does not change the shape if some items can do that.
  22. So I got these and I'm stuck on how to make them into a wallet/ I see noway to sew those flaps to a piece of leather . AccordianCreditCardInsert_1000x.webp insert.webp
  23. Can anyone tell me which model of Singer this is? Based on serial number it shows to be a Series 31 but I've bought numerous bobbin hooks for a 31-15 and they are slightly too large and are binding when turning the hand wheel. Any help would be appreciated. TIA https://studio.shootproof.com/v3/297736/gallery/24350194 Singer Pic
  24. Have a look at YouTube videos by JH Leather, she is an excellent leatherworker, and her favourite type of knife appears to be a head knife, aka a half round knife. She uses a few different makes, including Barnsley. She has videos on skiving and other techniques, and as she makes various items you see how well she uses a head knife, for both cutting & skiving.
  25. Thank you for your feedback. I certainly enjoyed reading your comments and appreciate your candor. The Sales Tax is the first item in my notes at the bottom. Different locations have different rates. That doesn't affect the price comparison at all. Maybe I'm missing something but I've noticed some vendors charge me sales tax while others do not. I have not noticed a pattern to this, nor am I overly interested in finding out why. When I don't get charged any sales tax I just smile to myself.
  1. Load more activity