Johanna

And we're back!!!

Our webhost was hacked today by someone who replaced our database tables with malicious files. We have lost everything posted after about 9:30 pm Sunday July 13. If you registered in that time period, you'll have to do it again. If you posted something, please repost. We couldn't take the chance on corrupting the database, so we sacrificed a few days' worth of posts and info.

I know many of you went through withdrawal during the 13 hours we showed "IPS driver error", and I'm sorry. It wasn't easy for me either! Kate and I are taking measures to improve security to prevent anything like this happening again, or at least lose a little less. Unfortunately the Internet is full of people and programs that wreak havoc in new and unexpected ways. Thank you for your patience and support- this has been a trying day.

Johanna

Beaverslayer- put the doggone tinfoil hat on, please?

HEY !!! Look they didn't take any of the dougnut. There's still almost a whole box.

Well done on the effort guy's. I really liked how you posted a message on the home page to let us know what was going on. Ta.

Barra

Edited by barra

Thanks to all for your hard work - just let me know where to send the aspirin and the masseuse or masseur.

:grouphug5vj5:

Crystal

Edited by Crystal

Thanx for keeping this whole thing together...

Thank goodness for my BP pills!

really sucks that people get such joy from stuff like that!

thank you guys for your effort!

Thanks Johanna and Kate for all your hard work. Get some sleep now, eh?

Great job, ya'll. Thanks for the quick return to normalcy.

I am glad I don't now who did it big jerks, thanks for saving what you did.

You're doing an outstanding job and all alone in Sweden I appreciate it very much!!

:clapping:

Tom

Johanna and Kate

Thanks a bunch!

I thought the sever at work had blocked me out, but after getting home knew it was something else.

I did learn to write down my password.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Johnny

Johanna and Kate,

Thanks for all you both have done behind the scenes today. It was trying and ladies, :You_Rock_Emoticon:. This has not been a good night in the shop, and I just deleted about 10 encouraging emails from members earlier wondering what was going on -sorry. For those who sent me emails, feel free to send them to the real heroes - Johanna and Kate.

Johanna and Kate, thank you both for all that ya'll do for the forum. You always seem to go above and beyound the call of duty. I thought I had a problem on my end until this morning. Again thanks for all the work you do, from a grateful fan of you both. Billy P

Big thanks to Johanna and Kate for saving us and getting us back on. No need for a SORRY. We are thankful for your kind work. I still to this day do not understand why the hackers enjoy what they do. I am sure we as leatherworkers have some really hot information worth hacking in for. lol

Again, Thank you Johanna and Kate for getting us up and running again. Lots of hard work.

Larry

Edited by LarryB

Thanks, Johanna and Kate, for all that ya'll did getting the board back online. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Robert

I'd like to add my thanks for the job, above and beyond! Any possibility of finding out who (and more to the point, GPS coordinates) did it? That clown needs a personal visit!

Mike

Thank you for all the hard work to restore the site! I really appreciate it.

ArtS

You are doing an outstanding job, keep it up. I was wondering if the hacker was from PETA? Wouldn't put it past them.

I was posting a reply to a message yesterday when the database error message came up. I about screamed! I couldn't believe something like this could happen to the forum again. I think if I was in charge of this thing, I would have just given up. But then I got a message from Kate saying she thought they could get it back. You (Kate) and Johanna are amazing in the way you just settle in and work at it until you fix things. I know everyone here appreciates all you do, I just hope you both know how much!

After getting that message from Kate, I decided to go spend some time at my bench and finish up my project for the monthly challenge. I knew I couldn't help fix things, but I could use that time to try and come up with something to post once it was fixed.

Thank you Johanna and Kate for all you do!!!

I'm with Jbird & Mike, it's time for the posse to ride!!!! It amazes me that some pencil-necked geek finds pleasure in messing(I'm watching my mouth) with other people's stuff! I say drag 'em behind the horse! Johanna & Kate, thank you for all you do to keep us forum junkies happy.

Hey missed yah.!

Big thanks to you both for getting the forum back online so quickly.

I'm with Jbird & Mike, it's time for the posse to ride!!!! It amazes me that some pencil-necked geek finds pleasure in messing(I'm watching my mouth) with other people's stuff! I say drag 'em behind the horse! Johanna & Kate, thank you for all you do to keep us forum junkies happy.

:16: I had visions of torches, a few coils of rope and a mob...... :rofl:

Crystal

Now, Now, friends....I know it's fun to think about a horde of angry leather workers wielding swivel knives and mallets, but I don't think it's productive to talk like that....

:huh:... :blink:

awww, heck with it. If we can find them, I say brand them with the makers' marks, and stamp them into submission.

Edited by TwinOaks

Great job getting the forum back on line so quickly. And many thanks for the heads-up on the home page. It really helped in understanding what was going on.

Hmmm...my horses could use some practice dragging stuff. Got any hackers lying about? :gun: