johnnydb

Don't You Hate It When.....

23 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

As for forgetfulness - hands up if you've ever bought a duplicate leather working tool because you forgot you already had that particular tool! 

Just found out I had 2 plastic gizmos for drawing circles and corners...one is still in the package, so I'm wondering if Tandy might take it back!  :rolleyes2:

*raises hand* ... I attribute it to a terrible disease known as C.R.S. .... Can't Remember .... Stuff.

- Bill

27 minutes ago, billybopp said:

*raises hand* ... I attribute it to a terrible disease known as C.R.S. .... Can't Remember .... Stuff.

- Bill

i have that same affliction... it is a symptom of OTD  (Old Timers Disease) LOL

we suffer from misplaced items here as well... either found when looking for something else, or immediately after buying another...
sometimes the original item is never seen again..

On 10/12/2023 at 3:22 PM, Sheilajeanne said:

As for forgetfulness - hands up if you've ever bought a duplicate leather working tool because you forgot you already had that particular tool! 

Two hands up and waving ~~ Me!

But it can be worser cos I deliberately buy seconds of tools and stuff, for me its #3 and #4 of it. I have a medium sized tool box half-filled with those 'spares'

Here we call it TMB, Too Many Birthdays

Not leatherwork; I build plastic models. A couple of months ago I put into a box about 8 models to build before November, for a big show in England. That box, about 35cm x 35cm x 45cm, has disappeared. I've had to buy some replacement models

Edited by fredk

11 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Looking for something else...what did I find? the masking tape , just as I was about to get another one , it wasn't even IN the damn workshop :whistle:  But I bought another one anyway...

I put it down to aliens lol 

When that happens, I usually blame my wife. She comes in and cleans up after me and I can never find anything.

/dwight

...when,  the shock absorber/ adjuster  thingy on your office chair  fails & collapses, and it feels like your a**se is on the ground ? lol :wacko:

I'm sitting on a pillow atm,... don't laugh :blush: 

HS

LOL!! I have a feeling that's going to happen to my chair sometime soon! I needed a chair without arms, because of where my desk is located I have to be able to push the chair under it when I'm not using it. The only chair with that design was rated for someone who weighs less than I do.

So far it's holding up okay, but one of these days... :rip_1:

Almost 2 weeks ago I went looking for a large plastic envelope containing nearly 50 A5 sized sheets of double-sided sticky. I had used a few sheets just a few days before.  I spent a few days looking for it. I looked in the usual places and even in the unusual places. I couldn't find it so I ordered another 50 sheets which arrived last Thursday.

On Friday I started a search for my set of chopped-off fingers to get my hat band ready for this coming week. Even though I'd set them out early last week I couldn't find them.As I looked for the fingers I found the envelope of sticky sheets.  Late on Saturday as I was putting some hardware away I found the fingers

Then I went to put the new stock of 50 sticky sheets in with the old stock - but now I can't find them!

Hat is ready though;

Fingers hat band, 01LWs.jpg

I had a water bottle on the leather bench and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, both open on a hot day last summer. Drank from the alcohol bottle by mistake. Caught myself before I swallowed and spit it out. 

3 hours ago, fredk said:

Then I went to put the new stock of 50 sticky sheets in with the old stock - but now I can't find them!

They're in the same place where all the  missing socks go, cool hat :specool:

39 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Drank from the alcohol bottle by mistake. Caught myself before I swallowed and spit it out. 

Hope you don't smoke ;)  Rinse your mouth out with a beer 

Office chair update: a customer paid  cash  for a job I did, I can now get my new office chair, hopefully tomorrow  woo hoo ! I'm sick of sitting on a pillow. 

HS

On 10/30/2023 at 10:16 AM, Handstitched said:

I can now get my new office chair,

New office chair- check, woo hoo  , new  PTO shaft  for tractor- check ...wha..?? burger for lunch and a six pack  for later - check  :yes: , expensive fuel for car....hmph...check:( 

LOL 

15 hours ago, Handstitched said:

New office chair- check, woo hoo  , new  PTO shaft  for tractor- check ...wha..?? burger for lunch and a six pack  for later - check  :yes: , expensive fuel for car....hmph...check:( 

LOL 

It leaves FAR faster than it comes in.

....finally  finishing a long term project with red (3mm) lace....you run out just in the final 3-4 inches of the project, ordering more takes 2 weeks.  . So, I had some  red 4.7mm, I got the ' thumb strander' out( under protest....I don't like them)  and  managed to cut a length  of 4.7 down to 3mm....and finish the project. 

Pics later.

HS

On 10/31/2023 at 7:30 PM, tsunkasapa said:

It leaves FAR faster than it comes in.

Ain't that the truth!!  :yes:

I hadn't paid taxes for a couple of years, as I hate the complicated paperwork involved, and I figured with my income being so small now I'm retired, no one was going to care. I was finally persuaded by my cousin, who does this for a living, to file.

I had NO IDEA how many benefits I'd been missing out on! :o What a windfall!

So, it's been a real pleasure to loosen the purse strings a little. Went into the drugstore the other night, intending to buy some multivitamins for me and a birthday card for my brother. $125 later... :rolleyes:

I saw Patrick Stewart's autobiography on sale for 25% off and grabbed it. It was the hardcover edition, so still pretty pricey, even with the discount. I also bought a pretty calendar as a birthday gift for my bro. Then, was able to find my most favourite perfume soap - Yardley's Lavender, which can be difficult to find, as Yardley's is an old-fashioned brand. As I walked up to the checkout, I spotted some After Eight mints, a rare treat that can be hard to find, even around Christmas time. I grabbed 2 boxes, one for me, and one for a hostess gift for my sister-in-law, when I go to my bro's BD celebration later today! 

YIKES!! Doesn't take much to add up to a whomping big bill!  :o 

I just found something really nice about my purchase. Shopper's Drug Mart takes part in the PC Optimum points card (President's Choice, which covers a number of grocery stores in Canada.) I'd been trying for months to get my points up to the $40 mark. Welp, they had a special offer this week where if you spent $90 or more at either SDM or one of the PC grocery scores, you'd get 20x the points. 

I now have $70 to spend on my PC card!! :o  :yeah::yeah: 
Will have to buy myself something special! 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

14 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

YIKES!! Doesn't take much to add up to a whomping big bill!

But a  little ' retail therapy ' is good for the soul ,..... but not your wallet , lol 

HS