Just a cover to a dayplanner for my brother inlaw, There's a few boo boo's but I'll be :ranting2: (curse word here...) if I redo the thingie, he just have to eat it :innocent:

Hi Tina,

That's Absolutely Beautiful!! He had better be Proud to get that!! I don't see any Boo Boo,,,, besides,,, us Humans aren't suposed to be "perfect" anyway... Great Job!! Ed

Nice looking cover, He must be a special Brother Inlaw to receive so much Leather

tooling.

Looking at the Deer and the Cougar brought back many fond memorys,

the first Leather Craft Class i took was by Paul Burnett and we did the

Deer being attacked by the Cougar.

Nice looking cover, He must be a special Brother Inlaw to receive so much Leather

tooling.

Looking at the Deer and the Cougar brought back many fond memorys,

the first Leather Craft Class i took was by Paul Burnett and we did the

Deer being attacked by the Cougar.

Hi,

I think the deer might be AS? I found it on a doodle page and it fitted well, brother inlaw loves to hunt deer, (I think mother nature should do the deed so this is my way of saying so *LOL*)

I'm making these covers for the male part of the family (girls gets purses) I have to leave some meories when moving back over seas to people here that I love :yeah:

Thanks Ed, well boo boo being not to seal the leather correctly before applying antique on the fall picture, it's very obvious on the field mouse and the background behind him IRL...And I like the idea that's no one is perfect, makes everything much more "humain" :thumbsup:

Edited by Tina

Looks fantastic to me!!!

Tina you have great looking boo boos!!!

oops...that didn't sound right.

seriously it looks wonderful, i'm always amazed at your work.

ken

Hi,

I think the deer might be AS? I found it on a doodle page and it fitted well, brother inlaw loves to hunt deer, (I think mother nature should do the deed so this is my way of saying so *LOL*)

I'm making these covers for the male part of the family (girls gets purses) I have to leave some meories when moving back over seas to people here that I love :yeah:

Thanks Ed, well boo boo being not to seal the leather correctly before applying antique on the fall picture, it's very obvious on the field mouse and the background behind him IRL...And I like the idea that's no one is perfect, makes everything much more "humain" :thumbsup:

The dayplanner looks great. I really like your color. You did a fantastic job coloring the piece.

What products and procedure did you use for coloring the dayplanner?

Again great job.

Doug

Looks fantastic to me!!!

Tina you have great looking boo boos!!!

oops...that didn't sound right.

seriously it looks wonderful, i'm always amazed at your work.

ken

Great Thanks Ken :-) I'm soo happy even the boo-boo's work *LOL*

The dayplanner looks great. I really like your color. You did a fantastic job coloring the piece.

What products and procedure did you use for coloring the dayplanner?

Again great job.

Doug

Hi Doug.

I'm using Angelus spirit dyes (and load of reducers to get manny more shades) Then I use neatfoot oil and let it be for at least 24 hours. Now I have Angelus acryllic finish (comes in matte, satin, gloss or high gloss) and again let it be for another 24 hours. Ontop this one I have the old Tandy medium brown antique, I'm using the few drops left, wish I could get some more and last a top coat of finish again to secure the antiquing.

I hope this helps but I have seen other methods used as well, I guess we all get our "little thing" going after a while *LOL*

Wow, that is really nice.

What great carving on the day planner. Beautiful work. Love the mouse scene.

THAT is a exceptionally gorgeous dayplanner, boo-boos what???

The colours are soo nice and well matched and the whole piece is like a painting.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Brorsan

Very nice, Tina! The boo-boo notwithstanding, your work gets more stunning with every project.

Kate

Wait, what?... JUST a cover? That thing's awesome!

You are truly an artist. Very excellent, and groovy too.

Phew! I'm tired just looking at all that work....

Nice job Tina. I don't see any boo boos from my house, that's for sure.

Tina,

Your work is always amazing! :notworthy:

Johnny

Wow, Thank You All :-)

I think something many artist is struggling with is being "your worst enemy/critics" (but trust me, I can see the boo-boo's *LOL*)

G/J Tina, I really like the colors really makes the whole design stick out really well. Very nicely done.

Another beautiful cover, Tina! :thumbsup: I am loving the mouse and mushrooms!

Crystal

That goof up with the finish has ruined the whole piece. You should definitely remake the whole thing - pay attention this time- and send all your scrap pieces like this one to me for disposal.....

Fantastic artwork! (as usual)

Tina,

Very beautiful. You have done an exceptional job on this. The carving and coloring is wonderful.

We are our own worst critic. I see every mistake I make but others don't. Just learn from the mistakes and move on.

Once again, beautiful work.

Joe

Just a cover to a dayplanner for my brother inlaw, There's a few boo boo's but I'll be :ranting2: (curse word here...) if I redo the thingie, he just have to eat it :innocent:

That is beautiful. Very nice job. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Edited by wintermte

Very pleasing to the eyes.

By he way, any mistakes you made has been eclipsed by your beautiful workmanship (work"women"ship) in your case.

Only one thing, my daughter has seen this, guess what she wants now.

Now I will have to try and sell on "Beauty is only surface deep, it's what is on the inside that counts. Something like that.

All kidding aside, your work is inspiring.

Thanks for showing it.

G/J Tina, I really like the colors really makes the whole design stick out really well. Very nicely done.
Another beautiful cover, Tina! :thumbsup: I am loving the mouse and mushrooms!

Crystal

That is beautiful. Very nice job. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank You guys'n'girls, Your words keeps me going:-)

That goof up with the finish has ruined the whole piece. You should definitely remake the whole thing - pay attention this time- and send all your scrap pieces like this one to me for disposal.....

Fantastic artwork! (as usual)

*LOL* You really crack me up...Maybe I should post a huge boo-boo I have in my pile over here, I just happend to tip the dark green dye ontop of it :crazy: I know manny frogs (the tooling theme) is green but this one is rediculios :thumbsdown: Ahh, I will post it up with the finished product, when it's made.

Tina,

Very beautiful. You have done an exceptional job on this. The carving and coloring is wonderful.

We are our own worst critic. I see every mistake I make but others don't. Just learn from the mistakes and move on.

Once again, beautiful work.

Joe

Thanks for the reassuring words, and I'm trying to "just move on" :rolleyes:

Very nice, you always do beautiful work. Did you design the lettering? If not, where did you find it?

Lettering...What I do is using the fonts you can find all over the Internet then I place them where I want them (I have a desktop publishing program which makes this super easy). Then I start drawing curbs and bends, altering lines with a pen until I'm happy with the resault. I hope this helps a wee bit:-)

"Beauty is only surface deep, it's what is on the inside that counts. Something like that.

*LOL*

And great Thanks for your comments, I take the "inspiring" as the best compliment one can ever get:-)