I have a friend in leather that has a Juki LU 562 sewing machine for sale. Went to look at it tonight and found that it does not sew. He says the timing is off. I suspect something broke. I know a place it can be repaired but that will require a trip. It has a nice table / cabinet with thread holders ect. Speed reducer and the knee lift thing. If this machine was repaired what would it be worth? Any ideas?

Randy

Randy

I googled the LU-562 and there are several sites that have used machines for sale. With it being broken, I wouldn't give him more that $150 and take your chances getting it fixed. I have several Singers that, run great, 31-15 and a 78-8. They are bullet proof machines, but due to the age ... each are only worth $100 and I throw in the table. Needless to say ... they're still here and running in the corner.

Retirement is GREAT , I should have done it years ago.

Happy Trails

Tim

So you ask what it's worth repaired,I say $6-800.00 depending on overall condition since it has a reducer & table .

Randy,

I have a lu562 also. It's not for sale but I read it "didn't sew". Does the needle go up and down? And do the feed dogs move? If the needle moves up and down and the dogs don't move, then the clutch safety is on and you have to reset it. If this is the case let me know and Ill walk you through it.

I have one also, Good machine I sew lots of medium to medium heavy horse blankets on it. Have done some wallets and lots of nylon work. I agree with Spud try the safety. I would figure the machine to be somewhere in the 500.00 dollars range in the condition you state. I paid 800.00 for mine up and running.

On 4/9/2009 at 7:21 AM, CowboyBob said:

So you ask what it's worth repaired,I say $6-800.00 depending on overall condition since it has a reducer & table .

I just paid $800 for one yesterday and I am glad I found it. Even on E-bay are priced $800-1200.

I am now having a hard time finding a printed copy of the manual

7 hours ago, Constabulary said:

This one once came from Keystonesewing

JukiLU-562-3Owners.pdf

Beat me to it by seven hours!!  Thanks.

On 29/9/2016 at 2:44 AM, Constabulary said:

This one once came from Keystonesewing

JukiLU-562-3Owners.pdf

Thanks for your good intention but I need a printed version,I do not have the luxury of having a printer in this part of the world where I live.

I can only mail the money in advance for anyone willing to mail me a printed copy of the original.

I don't have an original copy. However, the Keysew copy is quite legible. Send me a PM and I'll print and send you a copy -- no reimbursement.

1 hour ago, Tejas said:

I don't have an original copy. However, the Keysew copy is quite legible. Send me a PM and I'll print and send you a copy -- no reimbursement.

I wonder how much postage will be for a large hard envelope of printouts mailed to Costa Rica? That's where Fifi6464 is located, based on their IP address.

Should be cheaper because I thought it was near Greece :)

Floria ( city ) is in Erbil ..Kurdistan.

Maybe Fifi6464 is running through a proxy ?

I tend to agree with something dikman said in another thread, it would make much more sense, and be much more helpful, if both the city and country fields in the member "profile" were compulsory / mandatory..should be easy enough to tweak the CMS to do that.

PDF is 15 sheets..so about 5-10 dollars to send by slow mail to almost anywhere, from almost anywhere.

Edited by mikesc

Folks following this link because of interest in the Juki LU-562 or 563 might also be interested in chapter 4 -- Sewing Machine Repair -- of the following link, which states.

Your shop may have the Consew Model 225, the Juki LU-562, or the Singer Model 111 W 155 sewing machine. These three sewing machines are essentially identical, and all specifications and instructions are the same for all three sewing machines.

http://militarynewbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/NAVEDTRA-14217-Aircrew-Survival-Equipmentman-1-C.pdf

Good link, Tejas, excellent section on the 111W155 (and clones). I might print that out for reference.

LU-562 v LU-563 ... anyone know if you can increase the bobbin capacity in the 562 by switching the full sewing hook assembly from the 562 with one from a 563?

You can but it also requires a different take up lever and some other adjustments.   Not a quick change.

glenn

The larger hook is also taller so it requires a mill because the top of the hook saddle needs to be milled.