Tina

Another purse finished...Mucha

I did show the carved and tooled piece earlier in the "Critique my Work!" forum but here's the finished purse. It's lined with black plonge leather and I also made a "flap/lid" (?) for it so one might pit it up-side-down and only loose a few nickles:-)

Wow! Very cool! Love your bags. Gives me lots of ideas.

Beautiful as usual Tina! :clapping:

I love it! The colors are gorgeous.

Anne

I absolutly take this a a compliment, to be able to inspire others feels great:-)

Super thanks Tazz, as usual your very kind:-)

Happy you like'm Braider. I like to try out new color schemes, this one was made to even fit a pair of jeans:-)

yup. that'll do. very nice.

KK

Tina, beautiful work, the tooled piece, the colors, the concho and beads, they all work so well together on this. Great looking purse. Now get back to the work space and make some more to show us.

Ken

Sweeeeeeeeeet work tina

okay. you can stay. *L* seriously excellent piece!

You're ALL so very sweet:-)

I have one more coming in the next week...Then I think it's time to start out a few more project again. I simply just love making things this way, I'm so happy I found this craft:-)

Wow! Extremely beautiful. I love it! Geez, girl, you're making me want to use a purse again! :lol:

What kind of dye/paint did you use to color it?

Wow! Extremely beautiful. I love it! Geez, girl, you're making me want to use a purse again! :lol:

What kind of dye/paint did you use to color it?

I love Mucha's work....and to think it's only 100 years old.....

You gotta love that.....great job.

Dave Theobald

I think a lot of us are really glad you found this craft Tina! You have so many new ideas and everything you do turns out so neat. This one is great just like all the others. Can't wait to see what you are going to work on next.

Once again Tina, VERY AWESOME!

Nice work and the fit and finish looks impeccable!

Tina this is awesome. So so nice.

Myriam

I first used spirit dye on the whole piece. Then making a little "sparkle" with well diluted silver leather paint ontop of the girlies dresses, "rainbows, stars and moon. Thats it:-)

David

I use to have his 4 season posters in my teen room in the seventies, flashbacks:-)

ClayB

...And ontop of it, a whole bunch of super nice people in the craft, what a bonus:-)

JustWakinUp, Froghunter, Spider

Great Thanks guys, I'll try to keep it up:-)

Very good gummisnodd!

Wonderful theme with those deep purple colours. I think the purple string is a tad to much in colour and steals some attention from the bag and it being so beautiful that is not necessery. The stirrup I did (Strömsländan) I used some metal fittings on the string in order to draw some attention off the bag since there were some parts there in the details I was not happy with. Hope you get my general idea here, kinda hard to explain. The eye and mind has some issues with sticking to stuff that is out of the ordinary so things like theese can be used to work with or against you.

All in all this is just scrutiny but good stuff to be aware of, especially when planning out new stuff (or perhaps entering a contest, go girl, go girl).

That is a very beautiful bag!

Tom

Very good gummisnodd!

Wonderful theme with those deep purple colours. I think the purple string is a tad to much in colour and steals some attention from the bag and it being so beautiful that is not necessery. The stirrup I did (Strömsländan) I used some metal fittings on the string in order to draw some attention off the bag since there were some parts there in the details I was not happy with. Hope you get my general idea here, kinda hard to explain. The eye and mind has some issues with sticking to stuff that is out of the ordinary so things like theese can be used to work with or against you.

All in all this is just scrutiny but good stuff to be aware of, especially when planning out new stuff (or perhaps entering a contest, go girl, go girl).

That is a very beautiful bag!

Tom

Thanks Tom, you just gave some neat ideas for the last one:-)

I keep looking at this bag and I love it even more everytime.

I keep looking at this bag and I love it even more everytime.

Thanks Spider, I do value your opinion:-) After reading some suggestions from Tom I might just change the shoulder strap some....(?)

Thanks Spider, I do value your opinion:-) After reading some suggestions from Tom I might just change the shoulder strap some....(?)

My perception of things is of course my individual preference. I do have odd taste in alot of things but try to apply what I think is a general view upon things and from stuff I learned about eye and mind perception. I studied this a bit as an amateur photographer, bla bla..however, when you think it's done it is done but I just wanted to raise the question about "when do we make the call in making an item" about wether should I do stuff to fit a general public perception or do I push my own style.

Once again I state about the purple string, it's just scrutinizing but by doing that, in the end one has narrowed down all of the elements in a composition and that is good for a competition for instance, hint hint.

The string just distracted my eye a little bit but not enough to not enjoy your fabolous bag in general. It is lovely just like all your other stuff.

Oh, one other thing. I haven't seen the bag IRL and there's a good possibility it does look a lot better for real, leatherstuff has a strong tendency with that. Photomodels is the other way around, those type of photos is ALOT of fake!

I've got a couple of lousy product pic's coming up in a while. I hate photographing stuff like that.

Tom

My perception of things is of course my individual preference. I do have odd taste in alot of things but try to apply what I think is a general view upon things and from stuff I learned about eye and mind perception. I studied this a bit as an amateur photographer, bla bla..however, when you think it's done it is done but I just wanted to raise the question about "when do we make the call in making an item" about wether should I do stuff to fit a general public perception or do I push my own style.

Once again I state about the purple string, it's just scrutinizing but by doing that, in the end one has narrowed down all of the elements in a composition and that is good for a competition for instance, hint hint.

The string just distracted my eye a little bit but not enough to not enjoy your fabolous bag in general. It is lovely just like all your other stuff.

Oh, one other thing. I haven't seen the bag IRL and there's a good possibility it does look a lot better for real, leatherstuff has a strong tendency with that. Photomodels is the other way around, those type of photos is ALOT of fake!

I've got a couple of lousy product pic's coming up in a while. I hate photographing stuff like that.

Tom

Hi Tom:-)

I "steel" some o your ideas and use them into something I like. You'll see soon when I post the next one how I interpret your comments:-)

I have also come to see how hard it is to take decent photos of leather and make them look as i real life...The only thing I'm doing to the photos is resizing and/or making them a bit brighter. They have a tendency to get a wee bit dark even with the flash on. I do think this has very much to do with how the light comes in to the room. I must say, we bought a new camera this winter and I'm super happy with it, Panasonic SDLR, (XF 50 or something like that) but still got a lot to learn about the functions on it. With time I might learn how to use it proparly so I don't have to make any changes to the original:-)

Hi Tom:-)

I "steel" some o your ideas and use them into something I like. You'll see soon when I post the next one how I interpret your comments:-)

I have also come to see how hard it is to take decent photos of leather and make them look as i real life...The only thing I'm doing to the photos is resizing and/or making them a bit brighter. They have a tendency to get a wee bit dark even with the flash on. I do think this has very much to do with how the light comes in to the room. I must say, we bought a new camera this winter and I'm super happy with it, Panasonic SDLR, (XF 50 or something like that) but still got a lot to learn about the functions on it. With time I might learn how to use it proparly so I don't have to make any changes to the original:-)

Cool, I look forward to that and steal away all you want to, I see that as enhancement (and then steal it right back, lol).

I shoot in raw so the originals are never touched but make copies of your original file and make changes there (and keep backups). Raw is a lot of work. To get the copy I have to do like a digital development from the file but gives me more control of end result. For the tube pics it's not really necessery, the environment itself is so screwed up but for nature for example it gives alot and studiopics to (I think).

Good luck with your new camera and beep if you need advice, maybe I can help.

Now I gotta go and still my appetite for seeing what stuff youll come up with.

Tom