freak

Another notebook

I'm still no Bert & Ernie at figure carving . (thanks guys for the help) I tried a few things on other parts and really like the way they came out. I spent over a week trying to fix the first one i did. It seemed everytime i touched the leather, i messed it up and then would make it worse by trying to fix it. ARRRGGG !!!! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just walk away. Anyway here's a few pics.

ammtooled01s.jpg

bmmdyed01sm.jpg

mmbook03.jpg

mmbook.jpg

mmbook01.jpg

mmbook02.jpg

post-158-1201628201_thumb.jpg

post-158-1201628241_thumb.jpg

post-158-1201628264_thumb.jpg

post-158-1201628288_thumb.jpg

post-158-1201628304_thumb.jpg

post-158-1201628315_thumb.jpg

Whoaaaa. Niiiiice! This can't be the "messed up" one... it's gorgeous.

Brent

ASWUM........... : :thankyou::cheers::thumbsup::clapping:

Thanks !! No this is not the messed up on . That thing GOT FREAKED OUT !!! I'll use it for dye testing in the future.

Edited by freak

You always come up with the neatest stuff Freak. I really like what you did on the back with the 2 different kinds of basketweave. That's just cool! The natural roo lace really sets it off too. Sure glad the finish turned out. I was scared to death something would go terribly wrong and you could blame me.

Now get busy on that Lioness for the challenge!!

Clay

Bewteefull!

I don't know how you did the leafs as part of the backgrounding, but they are cool.

Freak

I don't know much(nuthing) about carving, tooling but that looks very nice. Especially the leaves and the background.

Mike

Bewteefull!

I don't know how you did the leafs as part of the backgrounding, but they are cool.

I was so worried that would not show in the pics or that no one would notice that.

It was very simple really i love the effect it gives. I first stamped here and there with leaf stamps L930 & L929 .

Some using the whole stamp and many titling the stamp one way or the other it just get a partial stamp. Then i

used the back ground tools E294-04 & E294 around them and over them lightly. Those always make me think of

leafs. I just thought it fit.

Excellent job Freak! That rocks! I LOVE the coloring! Very nicely done! :notworthy:

Freakin awesome, man...great coloring...great tooling...excellent!

--Phil

I'm still no Bert & Ernie at figure carving . (thanks guys for the help) I tried a few things on other parts and really like the way they came out. I spent over a week trying to fix the first one i did. It seemed everytime i touched the leather, i messed it up and then would make it worse by trying to fix it. ARRRGGG !!!! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just walk away. Anyway here's a few pics.

Really neat! Where did you get the cool letters? I LOVE the "stuff" in the middle of them. Could you post a close-up of them!?

pete

Clay, havent you realized by now that we blame you for everything.....

Freak... well done... did you create this from scratch? or pattern it after something?

Muey Muchos amigos !! I appreciate the kind words.

Freak... well done... did you create this from scratch? or pattern it after something?

Pattern for the notebook itself or the deer ?? I saw a lot of notebooks like this at the Ifolg show . I also have a Chan Geer notebook that i won there. As for the deer it's a pattern that comes in the flask kits. I just scanned it and made it bigger. The leafs are the ones JohnD drew up and posted here. Thanks John !! The Back i just went at it with paper and pencil then filled the boxes. I used a stitching groover after the dye for the border lines.

Pete the letters are a font i came across and really liked. Wasn't sure i could pull them off. I'm not that great at the small detail stuff , but i think i pulled it off for this one. The font is called royal-initialen and you can get it from here . I hope i don't have to do them again but at the same time i really like the font . ARRRGGG !!!! I hate to do a close up and show how bad they really are. LOL but here goes.

font01.jpg

post-158-1201640243_thumb.jpg

Freak, Awesome! That's like a Viennese hour for Leatherworkers! A little of everything! All good!

sweeet!!

:thumbsup: Nice, very,very nice. I like.

Be Proud Freak, it's Awesome:-)

i dunno freak, this is a tricky font to begin with -

lots of narrow swoopy things and swirly fandanglers and finery - arrgh - a toughie

and your dye job is sweet - havent seen that before...coolio!

and i dig the tri-weave and basketweake mix with wood inlay - you did great man

- and their are lots of straight lines and tight corners...fark! i hate tight corners and stright lines!!

i give you major props for even trying it, and ya knowe it came out pretty damn good...

i'd give yourself a major pat on the back and send ya back to do it again - cuz I guarantee

if you just dig in right after the first one...the second one ALWAYS comes out smokin...

not that i'd know much about smokin mind you...ha

but you get what i mean...dig in again and youll have a freakin winner

my .02

steveb

btw - i aint even gonna begin talking about the MAJOR messup i had with a wallet when i was dying it

...i totally fracked it because i was being a smarty pants and thought i was better than i am..had a reality check there...

and I didnt have the time to do it over - so blew a whole weekend....putting even more work on for next weekend..oy

Freak,

Just awsome!

........................umm...............hang on a sec............

Really nice all the way around Freak. The deer is even smiling about it! LOL, JUST KIDDING! It looks really good and I love the woodgrain on the back.

I dont know where to start, I'm speechless.......that thing is....hang on, gotta think of the right word..........