immiketoo

Custom armguard for injury.

One of my customers had a severe injury to his arm.  Shattered the wrist and forearm bones, and now, even though he has had surgery to repair it, he has increased sensitivity to touch.  He asked for an armguard that would protect him from bumps and scrapes that we take for granted.  This is a lined piece with a foam layer in the middle provide added absorption to impact.  

LRM_EXPORT_20180213_113710.JPG

LRM_EXPORT_20180213_114043.JPG

IMG_20180213_174129_104.JPG

More killer work @immiketoo! Great cause too, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Thanks man...He does think its cool!  I am particularly fond of the padding.  Craft foam...who knew!

WOW--absolutely WOW :) Beautiful work! It reminds me of an 'archery' forearm guard, like I've had for 50 years that keeps that bow string from hitting my arm with resultant great pain!

I wonder, instead of lace, if 'velcro' straps would be easier to use with one hand. Being old, I believe all of my shoes use velcro straps.

Sam:)

2 hours ago, ComputerDoctor said:

WOW--absolutely WOW :) Beautiful work! It reminds me of an 'archery' forearm guard, like I've had for 50 years that keeps that bow string from hitting my arm with resultant great pain!

I wonder, instead of lace, if 'velcro' straps would be easier to use with one hand. Being old, I believe all of my shoes use velcro straps.

Sam:)

There are a lot of easier ways to close these and I suggested all of them.  The customer wanted the lacing, so he got the lacing!

Love it! 

Awesome work,really nice lines,colour and design.

Great looking job!

As always: stunning work!

Thanks everyone.  This was a fun project.  

Beautiful and very high quality!

Edited by ABHandmade

Awesome design, you‘re hard to beat at tooling. Your letter tooling is hard to beat. Kudos to the piece and the touching story.

Beautifully done!  

1 hour ago, charon said:

Awesome design, you‘re hard to beat at tooling. Your letter tooling is hard to beat. Kudos to the piece and the touching story.

Thank you, I appreciate that!  Now if I could get the rest of my work to the same level, I'd be pretty good!

Could you please post the pattern and design for those here? I would love to make some of those.

Very cool!

Nice job ! feels good to help people with things we make bet this guy loves it .

On 4/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, immiketoo said:

Thank you, I appreciate that!  Now if I could get the rest of my work to the same level, I'd be pretty good!

Another interesting and well done piece Mike!  Where do you find the time to crank out such beautiful work so often?:rolleyes:

Gary

6 hours ago, garypl said:

Another interesting and well done piece Mike!  Where do you find the time to crank out such beautiful work so often?:rolleyes:

Gary

Well, I'm retired, and this is what I do for a living :P

4 hours ago, immiketoo said:

Well, I'm retired, and this is what I do for a living :P

I still run a separate business and often find myself too busy to even think about leather work!  I have to be “ in the mood” before I start working on any leather or woodworking project.  If I start working on a project and my mind is off thinking about other things I have to do - you know what happens!  I’m looking forward to having more down time in a few years to spend more time playing with my hobbies...

Gary

I hear ya there.  Funny how mood makes such a difference on artistic things.  If you're just banging out the same old holster, I'm sure its not as bad, but creativity definitely comes in waves!  Can't force it for sure!