Albob

New CB3200 has landed

A big thank's to Bob at Toledo Sewing for the outstanding customer service. He worked with me to get the shipping costs down and communication was/is top notch.

Well now I have one, it's in my shed/shop and all I need to do is learn to use it. I'm looking forward to a few hours on it this evening just learning what does what and why it does it.

No more sore fingers, no more stabbing myself with big needles when my work slips in the stitching horse. I'm feeling like a kid on Christmas, but I've always been giddy over new tools.

Fredo San Diego CA

cowboy 3200.jpg

Congratulations!

Have fun and lets see what you can make now!

Enjoy it, buddy.

Congratulations Fred!  I’m certain you will enjoy using all your leather scraps to practice your sewing.  Don’t forget to wind a few bobbins in each thread size/color right away so you have them ready when you want to switch thread.

Gary

Well I got it all bolted up, checked over everything twice and decided to run a few test stitches. 

It ran pretty good, I still need to figure out why the top belt is so tight, The only adjustment I can find is from the servo motor to the speed reduction. The top belt doesn't seem to have an adjustment? I'll give Bob at Toledo Sewing and ask him about that. The learning curve on this machine is a lot less steep than I feared. In a matter of minutes I was sewing scrap pieces of 10 together. I played with the stitch length adjustment. I also changed the speed a little, but kept it pretty slow to make sure I didn't sew my fingers together.

I'm looking forward to learning and using this bad boy.

Fredo San Diego CA

first stitch1.jpg

first stitch2.jpg

Very nice! I spoke with Bob a couple of weeks ago and hopefully I will be purchasing one in a couple of weeks. I notice you have R/C cars hanging in behind your machine. What do you have and do you race or bash?

Edited by airplaneguy

Looks purdy good -- that's a bold stitch!  Might try needle one size smaller, just see if'n ya like the look.  And call Bob, ask him to drop half a dozen spare bobbins in the mail.. cheap, and very handy.

Awesome! I'm slowly grinding my way up to being able to afford one.

Hello Fredo, I'm happy to see you got it up & sewing so quickly.The belt needs to be that tight  or it'll slip.The style of motor we use has a built-in brake so when your foot is off of the pedal it will be hard to turn the machine over,so if you push the pedal down 1/4" it releases it so you can turn the machine by hand.Also,when you stop & start sewing you always want to have the takeup lever(chrome piece you thread through & goes up & down when sewing) @ the highest point.

Have fun & Thanks for Buying a hard working Cowboy !!

Congrat's Albob!

That is a really nice setup. I've watched so many Youtube video's of that machine working and I am just about to buy my first HD leather sewing machine myself.

I am sort of concerned about amortizing the costs involved though, trying to justify the idea that I will expand my market and sell more product and then it would be worth it. As it is now, with the low volume I sell, I can still painfully hand stitch, which never really looks professional, at least to me. :(

I'm going to buy a Cobra class 4 from 'Springfield Leather company,' since they are who I buy product from and they are very, very friendly, instructive and helpful to me, a 'newbee' with only about 9 months of experience.

Can't wait to see  your stuff!

Sam:)

You can't have enough bobbins. Or colors/types of thread. 

Jeff

11 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Hello Fredo, I'm happy to see you got it up & sewing so quickly.The belt needs to be that tight  or it'll slip.The style of motor we use has a built-in brake so when your foot is off of the pedal it will be hard to turn the machine over,so if you push the pedal down 1/4" it releases it so you can turn the machine by hand.Also,when you stop & start sewing you always want to have the takeup lever(chrome piece you thread through & goes up & down when sewing) @ the highest point.

Have fun & Thanks for Buying a hard working Cowboy !!

Thanks for the info Bob, again great customer service form you guys. I'll give you a call on Monday and get a few small items ordered. and talk about my phone call yesterday.

Fredo

San Diego CA

5 hours ago, alpha2 said:

You can't have enough bobbins. Or colors/types of thread. 

Jeff

I hesitate to admit it but I think I'm in the low triple digits of bobbins. I use a lot of different thread sizes and colours and it's cheaper to just keep a handful of bobbins in my most commonly used threads than keep two cones of each.

Here's 5 of the different types I keep on hand. L-R we have the infamous Craptactular Chinese portable patcher, class 15, G-style, M-style and U-style. Not pictured: 45K and class 66, but I don't use them often.

bobbins.jpg

A big congratulations on the new sew machine. 

I have a nice bobbin storage tip for you all. Especially being the mention of all these bobbins that are just handy to have with other thread types loaded! With colors and for sure sizes of thread. 

I have to say even with access to the normal drawer on the machine table stands for storage, a few of these, Plano fishing storage containers #3449 are real handy I have found. 

These are a bit clear in color, have a 5 compartment capacity that has ample storage. Each of these compartments can hold 3 of the 441 type bobbins or 6 of the U types and the same 6 of the M style. Picked up a few more (last in the box) the other day, at a buck fifty each. It was a sale to!

Have a good labor day weekend

Floyd

ps: these boxes measure, 4.125” x 6.5” plus a hanger. 

Edited by brmax

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, airplaneguy said:

Very nice! I spoke with Bob a couple of weeks ago and hopefully I will be purchasing one in a couple of weeks. I notice you have R/C cars hanging in behind your machine. What do you have and do you race or bash?

Airplane, I tried racing for about a year, I never was able to really compete, those kids were just too good for me. I had about 1500 into a buggy and a short course truck, tools and repairs. I sold off both my race rigs and stuck with bashing and crawling just for kicks. I have a tarted up 2 WD slash that I change ties and suspension for street and a entry level crawler built from a box kit.