Rannoch

Nigel Armitage's forthcoming book

This is just a PSA.  I noticed on Nigel Armitage's web page that he has a book forthcoming.  I emailed him for more information, but received no reply.  No worries.  I found the publisher, and here's a link: https://www.schifferbooks.com/leathercraft-traditional-handcrafted-leatherwork-skills-and-projects-6940.html

all the best

Edited by Rannoch

I would think that most of us on here will be looking forward to this

Nigel visits here at times.  Hopefully he will tell us more about it.  I'm interested!

7 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Nigel visits here at times.  Hopefully he will tell us more about it.  I'm interested!

@dangerous beans ..... What say you??   Tell us more!

- Bill

Well!!!...???

That is a surprise.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Rannoch said:

This is just a PSA.  I noticed on Nigel Armitage's web page that he has a book forthcoming.  I emailed him for more information, but received no reply.  No worries.  I found the publisher, and here's a link: https://www.schifferbooks.com/leathercraft-traditional-handcrafted-leatherwork-skills-and-projects-6940.html

all the best

Rannoch, I'm fairly sure there is no mention of this on my website and I have had no email from you, or anyone, asking about the book.

However... as Schiffer seems to have let the cat out of the bag, (I was keeping this quiet) yes. I am writing a book.
It is not yet the book I want to write, neither is it the book I have been asked to write.
I was asked to write what was, in essence, a craft-based project book but there are many like that already out there, so we came to a compromise.
There are of course projects and the techniques focus on the more modern tools rather than the traditional so pre-pricking of holes is the theme with very little awl work. I think trying to get over all the details of the traditional saddle stitch would take a book in itself.

The projects are in more detail than perhaps they expected, but hopefully, I have found the balance between what they wanted to hear against what I wanted to write.
I am by no stretch of the imagination a writer, I talk too much and go off-topic too often, it has been an education.
It is near completion, not near enough, but I will put it out there and take what critique is offered. Be kind.

Nigel
Budding author and horrendous procrastinator.  

Edited by Dangerous Beans
Wrong grammar!

https://www.amazon.com/Leathercraft-Traditional-Handcrafted-Leatherwork-Projects/dp/0764360396/ref=sr_1_1?crid=4PFVQHL67CN7&dchild=1&keywords=nigel+armitage&qid=1601900189&s=books&sprefix=nigel+armi%2Cstripbooks%2C154&sr=1-1

Bumping this thread as the book is complete and pre-orders are live!

The photos look great and we all know the reputation of the author so the teaching will be spot-on.

Hope it sells out and a 2nd edition is necessary!

Awesome news!  This will be my Christmas gift to fellow leatherworkers once released.