OK, go at it!

How about Dodge?

I prefer the Chevy 441 to the Ford 441. ;-)

I have a 91 Olds Custom Cruiser I drive every day!

How about Dodge?

bwahahaha

1994 Jeep Wrangler, cold in the winter and hot in the summer, but brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

Only ever owned Chevy, my favorite was my 1987 Caprice Classic Brougham(original leather top intact!!), 305 with a factory 4 barrel that got 25 mpg all the time. (and a darn smooth ride). Bought it at an auction for $1700 with 32k miles and was the second owner. Sold it a couple years later and wished i hadn't every day since.

Was a Ford fan till I started working on them in when I was in high school. we sent several fords to get their heads replaced after blowing spark plugs.

Both makes have their ups and downs. In my case I saw more downs with Ford. I am definitely NOT a fan of their new aluminum frames.

Full disclosure - I just recently signed up to win a new Ford Transit. Which I'd probably sell and use the money to pay off debt and buy more leather.

Ford soured me from buying Ford. Bought a brand new E350HD 12 passenger with a 6.0 PowerStroke. Little did I know the trouble with the motor. All the class action lawsuits ain't over yet.

I'll trade you a sewing machine or two for that Transit??

Edited by CowboyBob

Owned good ones of both makes. Currently driving a '99 F250 with the 7.3 that I ordered new and will probably have to drive it until it's junk. Seems like the Chevys have lots of little annoying stuff go wrong; windows, door locks, gauges, etc. Always something. For longevity and pulling power, still can't beat the 5.9 Cummins in the old Dodge pickups. They'll pull my pickup out of the ditch.

1979 Volvo 242, carlsbad yellow. One of the rare early volvo 240 2 doors, carburetted. With fog lights and original volvo r-sport rally package suspension. Fun car. Had an f250 rear-end me on the freeway. The car in front of me had stopped, so i stopped safely behind a good 25 yards. Look in my mirror and the guy in the truck is locked up sliding into me. Hit me hard and pushed me all the way into the car in front. It was a early 2000's chevy sedan, Written off. Truck behind, 12000 damage, fixed. My little volvo in the middle, broken grill. Estimated at 600 bux. When the bumper pushed back on the built in shocks, the fog lights hit the grill and cracked it. I took the money, pulled a junkyard grill for 20 bux and still drive that old car.

My little volvo killed a ford and a chevy at the same time and barely got a scratch.

Edited by TinkerTailor

First PU was a '62 Chevy with a Flat Head Six. I was building houses at the time. Put eight ply tires on it so I could work in snow and mud. Hauled scaffolding, brick and block and everything in between. Probably the best truck I have ever had. Drive a 2004 V6 Silverado now in RED. Love my 2014 Chevy Impala.

No room in my garage for a Ford ! LOL

ferg

HA HA YEAH but none of them sew a decent stitch EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by catskin

Hmmm, I currently own a 2001 Cummins 3500, 5-Saturns (3 wagons,coupe, and sedan), 72 F250 Highboy, 72 Oldsmobile ambulance, 1967 M-715 Kaiser Jeep,1953 M-37, 74 Duster, and a 1960 Chrysler Windsor 2dr hdt.

Grew up driving a 77 Pinto wagon, 81 Cadillac, and a 66 GMC 3/4 ton with the 305 V6.

As for sewing In have Singers, and Adlers.

Catskin,

No stitching with that old truck of mine but many told me it sounded like a "Sewing Machine" when it was running. I had it until about 1970. Not one bit of rust on it.

ferg

I had an 81 dodge pickup with a slant six that was stitched together with baling wire. Still not a chev or ford.

HA HA YEAH but none of them sew a decent stitch EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe not, but I have some push carts that pick up thread better than any sewing hook I've seen!

Volvo 245 and Volvo V70 of course, because of the quality and where I am living (Norway). I would love an American muscle car, but they are to thirsty for our gas prices; 1,86 $ for one liter.

Tor

Volvo 245 and Volvo V70 of course, because of the quality and where I am living (Norway). I would love an American muscle car, but they are to thirsty for our gas prices; 1,86 $ for one liter.

Tor

What does a modestly priced diesel sedan fetch in your area? The ones I've looked at in the states start at $36K USD and go up from there. And can only produce 42 mpg. I personally think that diesels are underrated. They are forced to under-perform in the states due to "emissions".

Volkswagen Passat 1,6 diesel starts at 43K and release 105 metric gram CO /km (I do not know how to convert to your system) Volvo S60 D kinetic CO 103 g/km starts at 42K, Volvo V 70 D2 starts at 49K CO 109 g/km. These are the cheapest of its kind, I do not think anybody buys those model variations because they have to small motors/weight relation. Diesel car are very popular here, but they pollute more than gasoline. The government wants to take more tax of them, if thats possible at all. You can buy a electric car here without paying any tax at all. A Tesla with 300 to 400 hp motor starts at 50K, the same as a WV Golf GTD 184 hp diesel. And with a Electric car you can park free, drive in the buss line and road tax. They have a waiting list on most popular El car here now. Norway is the second largest country for Tesla cars after the USA, and we have only 5 mill people living here. More than 50 % of the new car price is government tax, 60 % of the fuel price is tax. Then it is tax on every thing else car related too. If I had the money for a new car now, I would have looked at an Electric one. And a Tesla if they sold estate wagons. The tax free period will not last for very long.

Tor

Didn't bother looking up emissions on the american versions but the only ones I can compare are the Volkswagen cars. The price difference is staggering (several thousand difference assuming converting from Euro to USD). And the Passat comes with a 2.0L diesel here.

http://www.vw.com/models/passat/trims/2015/tdi-se-sunroof-trim/edit/tab/summary/

Hopefully the link will work.

in case it doesn't - mid range package, 2.0L diesel, 42 mpg $29,900 USD

Sounds like electric would suit you way better than anything else.

One thing to bear in mind in the Chevy vs. Ford debate is the companies' differing philosophies regarding upgrades and "improvements".

I don't know if they still work this way, but traditionally Ford would launch a new design or re-design with new body style, and most of the drive-train new, and then incrementally make small design changes and improvements as necessary. So, if you happen to bought one of those in the first year or two were likely to have any and all kinds of problems. After that, they were pretty stable and good.

GM, on the other hand would launch body, engine, transmission and other components individually every couple of years, so you could end up with a vehicle with engine troubles, or transmission troubles, but everything else good.

Bill

I have a Red Flyer Wagon, and a Red Razor Scooter, so my preference is Blue.

3 Fords, 3 failed transmissions requiring complete rebuilds. 1 tranny took 3 rebuilds before I could drive 100 miles without problems. All the reusable parts tolerances all added up in the same direction, so they had to replace all hard parts.

Multiple GM versions of cars, no transmission problems.

Tom