Recommended Posts

Here are some chink chaps I made for two of my sisters. I think they turned out pretty well and they are getting a lot of use.

Let me know what you think.

Critique is always welcome.

20190105_132316.thumb.jpg.fe02cdb15eab9b9ce46bc465613d9973.jpg

20190105_132048.thumb.jpg.2bc20632e6e5ccbd7461bb472d404532.jpg

20190105_132025.jpg.8db6a4e2f8e455ccb698e29ab36ab5d4.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20190105_125722.thumb.jpg.1f16aacc91f919967d68479e9b64bb4c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do great work.  Beautiful family you all have there.  God bless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are beautiful! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're setting the bar awfully high there! 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work as always.

Your parent make good kids!

And what brand and style boots are they wearing if I may ask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the looks on their faces, they clearly like them.  Seems like another winner!

YinTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attaboy ;)

Wait.. what's all the standin' round?  Aint them little gals got some ropin' ta do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh the horror ... the shame!! Poor Laura AND Sarah. Neither of them has a belt to wear! What sort of leatherworker Brother are you, Nate? Alright. A good one, but where's their belts?   :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura and Sarah are blessed to have you as their big brother. Magnificent work as usual, and a pleasure to see, thanks for sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait! "Two of your sisters"??? How many siblings do you HAVE? What exactly is a-goin on at Roland Ranch? Y'all got some kinda compound there???

Slightly off topic, Jenny and I watched a video on YouTube today, of someone turning a pen from burl, she has a new appreciation of her pen now!

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all!

@plinkercases Thanks! I'll let my parents know! Those boots are Ariats. Not sure on the style though (except they're square-toe)

@JLSleather I made sure I got some decent pics before I let them go beat 'em up. :) 

@Rockoboy SHHHHHH!!!! Don't tell them they need belts. They'll take advantage of me more than they already do! Actually, I have nice buckles for both. Just waiting for the leather to come in. Tooled belts coming soon!

@alpha2 haha! I have three sisters and 7 brothers. I'm the third. My two older brothers are in college right now and they are going debt-free because of the pens they've made. I plan to do the same with my leather. Yes, my family is musical.

KK2X6057.thumb.JPG.53c2ff287861b896193e0c1ba6feebfe.JPG

We need to update our family pic because #11 is here!

20181207_223936.jpg.79cbd0d94e28c94d17f41f76212bf725.jpg

20181207_223929.jpg.f09da2a23a1bfd8be23ae81cde5d05b1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful family pic ... maybe your family needs a TV!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking family Ryan!  I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters and there is nothing like growing up in a large family, especially during the holidays, birthdays, etc.  Now that we are all grown with our own children and grandchildren it is difficult to get everyone into one picture!  We need more family values in this world of ours.

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, Rolandranch said:

plinkercases Thanks! I'll let my parents know! Those boots are Ariats. Not sure on the style though (except they're square-toe)

I wear Ariats all day everyday and if you could find out what style that is I would appreciate it.

With the leather work you do I am sure your will be well funded for college.

Keep an eye on the littlest one with the baton... he looks like a man with a plan and attitude to make it happen.

You guys remind me of the Von Trapps from Sound Of Music!!.. but with more guys and gals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous work again, Ryan!

Hey...lots of 'Bone players in that family - I've had the honor and great pleasure to work with both Bill Watrous, and (the great) Carl Fontana on many occasions.

Don't worry...I'll hold off on the jokes about the "Pneumatic Pitch Approximator"...oops...did I say that out loud? ROFL!

Beautiful family, beautiful work. You are indeed blessed, my friend!
...you just need to grow a bass player! Hahaha.

Edited by JazzBass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to wonder if P.D.Q. Bach's suite for trombone and strings in G is in your repertoire?

- Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re a talented young man!  Nice work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 4:36 AM, Rockoboy said:

Beautiful family pic ... maybe your family needs a TV!

Hmmmmm..... You called me Nate, you know I don't have a TV.... what else do you know about me???? :)

On 3/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, garypl said:

Nice looking family Ryan!  I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters and there is nothing like growing up in a large family, especially during the holidays, birthdays, etc.  Now that we are all grown with our own children and grandchildren it is difficult to get everyone into one picture!  We need more family values in this world of ours.

Gary

I love my big family too! My dad has 8 sibs and my mom has 8 sibs so I have over 50 cousins... :blink:

On 3/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, JazzBass said:

Gorgeous work again, Ryan!

Hey...lots of 'Bone players in that family - I've had the honor and great pleasure to work with both Bill Watrous, and (the great) Carl Fontana on many occasions.

Don't worry...I'll hold off on the jokes about the "Pneumatic Pitch Approximator"...oops...did I say that out loud? ROFL!

Beautiful family, beautiful work. You are indeed blessed, my friend!
...you just need to grow a bass player! Hahaha.

Thanks! Yeah, the trombone is a popular one because that's what my dad teaches. We're actually considering starting the little guy on bass... B) he needs to grow a bit more though.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, plinkercases said:

I wear Ariats all day everyday and if you could find out what style that is I would appreciate it.

With the leather work you do I am sure your will be well funded for college.

Keep an eye on the littlest one with the baton... he looks like a man with a plan and attitude to make it happen.

You guys remind me of the Von Trapps from Sound Of Music!!.. but with more guys and gals.

 

Sorry for the late response. I wear Ariats every single day, too! I even wear a shirt that has "Ariat" embroidered all over it. I ALMOST named my new puppy "Ariat" but then I went with "Stetson." :) 

Here's my sister's boot style.

20190312_215245.thumb.jpg.f0ce2772a10aca1b525ba8784a97bd81.jpg

 

This my favorite style (mostly because they're rider friendly). I'm on my second pair of these.

20190312_215359.jpg.1709a8279214a4b31454cef4c3a08d1e.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a very talented young man with a fabulous family.

Six boys with one girl in my family.

Ferg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, Rolandranch said:

what else do you know about me???? :)

Just the bits I pick up from peeking in windows ... and perusing these forums. :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 7:03 AM, Rolandranch said:

Thanks! Yeah, the trombone is a popular one because that's what my dad teaches. We're actually considering starting the little guy on bass... B) he needs to grow a bit more though.

I started on bass violin in 4th grade, age 9, and studied classically up through college. Got my first electric bass in 6th grade (11-12yo).
Holy $#!^...I've been doin' it for almost 48 years! Geez...

Hey-- Can't wait to see your next "Concerto in Leather". :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now