Constabulary

Solar Leather out of business ???

Just wondering - Is Solar Leather out of business?

I just wanted to check one of their YT videos and figured there no longer is any content. Also, the website is offline and Facebook site is gone. And when I do a google search I get the info that they are "PERMANENTLY CLOSED".

I don´t want to spread wrong information so if I´m wrong please delete this post.

Sadly, I was told by another dealer that this is true.

So any warranty is ... WHAT?@!

If one buys a Ford or a Toyota..it ( one's warranty ) is with Ford or Toyota..not just the dealer ( who might close down at any time after the sale ) one bought it from ?
So..Cowboy ( who are presumably still in business ) ?..if what one bought was a Cowboy ( likewise for other "brands" bought from an official dealer) ..or does it vary from state to state ?

I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago they were closing down. I don’t use machines so that’s as much as I noticed.

It was my understanding the warranty on these clone machines were only through the dealer. 

1 hour ago, Colt W Knight said:

It was my understanding the warranty on these clone machines were only through the dealer. 

7 hours ago, JLSleather said:

It appears it depends on what country you live in. If you are in Australia seems you get a defined warranty - 1yr parts and labour but in North America seems to be a bit different. More of a limited warranty with a no charge warranty service from the retailer.

kgg

Aside from any warranty type issues of which I would suspect to be very few I am more concerned that all of the good work on instructional type video's is now gone as well. I would very much like to thank @SolarLeatherMachines for all of the work that they put into making these and feel sad that they have felt the need to remove them all. I wish them well and hope that one day they may be able to re-release them for the benefit of any past customers at least. :unsure:

Hello All, 

Yes, we have decided to close the doors.  This was not a decision taken lightly.  Current import tariffs and business relationships have, in my opinion, made it impossible to provide excellent products at reasonable prices.  So, we have decided to make a smooth transition to closing.  

I may make the videos available in the new few months, but for now, had to close the channel because of copyright violations.  

If you purchased a Cowboy machine, your warranty is through Cowboy USA.  You may contact Cowboy through Neel's Saddlery & Harness  http://www.neelsaddlery.com/index.html

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve you and the industry for the last 10 years.  

Best, 

Alexander.  

PS, I have a few personally owned new 4500s with all optional attachments that I'm selling locally for $2400 each.  Contact me directly if you're interested.  I am in Dallas and I will not ship.  

On 2/13/2020 at 10:11 AM, SolarLeatherMachines said:

Hello All, 

Yes, we have decided to close the doors.  This was not a decision taken lightly.  Current import tariffs and business relationships have, in my opinion, made it impossible to provide excellent products at reasonable prices.  So, we have decided to make a smooth transition to closing.  

I may make the videos available in the new few months, but for now, had to close the channel because of copyright violations.  

If you purchased a Cowboy machine, your warranty is through Cowboy USA.  You may contact Cowboy through Neel's Saddlery & Harness  http://www.neelsaddlery.com/index.html

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve you and the industry for the last 10 years.  

Best, 

Alexander.  

PS, I have a few personally owned new 4500s with all optional attachments that I'm selling locally for $2400 each.  Contact me directly if you're interested.  I am in Dallas and I will not ship.  

Alexander,

I really hate to hear this, y'all were a staple to the leatherworker community as well as the premier southern USA cowboy dealer.  I am glad I got the chance to make at least one trip to meet you and the team, I wish the best for your future endeavors .

I so missed Alexander's CB 3200 instructional videos!

SO HEY!

Found a few of them still exist on the Hi Tex site. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqPhGzuAM31eIKemfCtjaw