2-3/4” cartridge belt that tapers to 1-1/2”.  Walnut dye and natural stitching.  I’ve been going really heavy on the airbrush, but I just like the way it glows when it’s sealed and buffed.  Matching border stamping on the belt and the 2 fully lined holsters and belt.  All leather is 7/8oz Wickett & Craig Skirting.  @JLSleather got me hooked on the split skirting, and now I can’t go back. I haven’t woven cartridge loops in a really long time, but I like this look over the stitched loops, and I can’t really explain why.  But, after much experimentation with cartridge loops, I’ve landed on 1” width.  I really wanted to add the cartridge loops on a separate piece of leather and dye that a rich chocolate, but not everybody likes 2-tone.  I do think a nice buckle set would’ve made this pop more.  Thanks for lookin. HTNjE6X.jpg

p7UAoC8.jpg

I hit submit a little too quick, like an idiot. Here’s the rest of the pictures

SLJtzd6.jpg

jsRbOul.jpg
lX0OhnM.jpg

Another beautiful display of aesthetics and craftsmanship Sir. I love that brown with the white stitching.

47 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Another beautiful display of aesthetics and craftsmanship Sir. I love that brown with the white stitching.

thank you! When people are unsure of what Color combination to order, it’s my first recommendation. I really do love it. 

Great work, as Battlemunkey said that colour with the stitching goes together really well together. Like the edging work and your stamping.

Really nice looking. Crisp and good color.

1 hour ago, noobleather said:

Great work, as Battlemunkey said that colour with the stitching goes together really well together. Like the edging work and your stamping.

47 minutes ago, AwlShucks said:

Really nice looking. Crisp and good color.

It was the first time I’d used this stamp.  Took some practice to get it halfway decent. I appreciate the kind words 

Fine stuff, . . . need to be proud of that.

May God bless,

Dwight

11 minutes ago, Dwight said:

Fine stuff, . . . need to be proud of that.

May God bless,

Dwight

Much appreciated.  That means a lot coming from you. 

Very nice indeed! Looks too good to wear and get scuffed.:lol:

Something I've wondered, I understand that the airbrush will give a nice uniform colour, but does it give the dye penetration into the leather that other applications do?

Beautiful work! Not criticizing but wondering if on the Ruger it appears to be awful top heavy, or that it could easily fall out of the holster if the loop wasn’t on the hammer! Just curious! 

10 hours ago, dikman said:

Very nice indeed! Looks too good to wear and get scuffed.:lol:

Something I've wondered, I understand that the airbrush will give a nice uniform colour, but does it give the dye penetration into the leather that other applications do?

I think all of my dyes 50/50 with denatured alcohol.  And the Walnut Dye should be a lot lighter; however, Since I’ve started adding more layers of the dye, it gives it a nice glow when it’s sealed.  So, I just make a couple of extra passes over it, and it’s done. It’s still significantly less dye used than sponging, daubering (I’m sure that’s the correct term), and dipping.  Plus, it’s thinned, so it’s even less.  And all without the blotches, especially on lighter dyes.

5 hours ago, Rhale said:

Beautiful work! Not criticizing but wondering if on the Ruger it appears to be awful top heavy, or that it could easily fall out of the holster if the loop wasn’t on the hammer! Just curious! 

Not really. It’s 4-5/8 barrel and its snug around the cylinder.  It will slide out if you dump it out upside down. But it sits in nice without the thong attached.  Not too snug, but just enough friction that it doesn’t flop around like a slinky. 

edited for barrel length

Edited by Bayou Bengal

Thanks for the answer I like it!

Absolutely inspirational.  The whole rig is absolutely crisp and flawless.  I dream to be able to attempt this type of workmanship someday. 

On 3/30/2020 at 2:32 PM, Viking said:

Absolutely inspirational.  The whole rig is absolutely crisp and flawless.  I dream to be able to attempt this type of workmanship someday. 

Making rigs like these is what got me started in this business. I don’t get to do them often, but they’re my favorite pieces to make. 

On 3/30/2020 at 3:08 PM, WolfteverGunleather said:

Very nice! Well done.

Thank you!

I love this and I like the simple buckle also. Excellent work. 

Nice work.

Most Excellent work!

I'm sure the shooter will get lots of compliments from the other SAA competitors.  Everything looks great as all have mentioned.

Hi, that looks great.  I've been practicing a lot with the meander stamps.  I have small, medium and large.  Both the Small and Medium work on each side of a 1 1/2 inch belt.  I'd have put a small Star in the trigger guard corner of the holster to fill the space. 

Your stamping looks very crisp.  The white thread is what they used to use almost exclusively, at least that's what's in Packing Iron.  I was going to use plain brown waxed thread, but then I looked back through the book.

Later