RockyAussie

Share your CAD files,STL's etc

I been thinking that we should have a file repository for making it easy for people to find anything that might be of use to them for laser or 3d printing. I will start this of with a small stl file which comes in useful for both these technologies. It should take about 5 minutes each to print and weighs 1Gram which is less than 5c each. The magnets can be found on ebay easily enough such as this one - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Super-Strong-N35-Round-Disc-Neodymium-Mini-Fridge-Magnets-Rare-Earth-New/333227699575?hash=item4d95eb2d77:g:EaUAAOSwTfFbTxto&frcectupt=true

From where I see it, that is about 27c US each if you get a hundred.

This is for a holding magnets and make them easy to remove from the job due to the shape that it has. It is designed for 9x3mm magnets that get superglued in after the print. If it is tight a little heat should work well usually. The picture below shows how I use them on the laser to hold down anything in place as it cuts. A quick tip here is to do a double or multiple cut allowing a stop between cuts as this shows areas on the run which may want to be held down more closely.

Here is the stl file - Laser magnet holders.stl

DSC05846.JPG

You can play darts with them onto your fridge if the missus isn't watching too.:P

I will try and load another new one again tomorrow.

Please feel free to load any files on to contribute.

If you would like to donate anything at all for the use of any of these files of mine at least please donate it to this Leatherworker forum that provide so well a way for us all to share. If you are not already a contributing member that would also be a great way to go.:thumbsup:

Good idea about the "repository" as there have been other files posted that are scattered in other posts.

Hi guys, good idea Brian, these files are for a small guide i have been using while waiting on a decent pfaff one to turn up, it is used on the small plate that is screwed on the side of the arm and was very useful. I don´t know if you can use it on other machines? It swings in and out letting you turn etc. The other is the oil box that goes underneath as mine was missing, you will just need to drill the holes. The other one is the small arm plate that goes with the accessory plate with a lip to rest it on. You could just cut it off if not needed.

Pfaff guide 3.stl

Pfaff guide arm2.stl

Pfaff oil box1.stl

335pl.stl

11 hours ago, jimi said:

Hi guys, good idea Brian, these files are for a small guide i have been using while waiting on a decent pfaff one to turn up, it is used on the small plate that is screwed on the side of the arm and was very useful. I don´t know if you can use it on other machines? It swings in and out letting you turn etc. The other is the oil box that goes underneath as mine was missing, you will just need to drill the holes. The other one is the small arm plate that goes with the accessory plate with a lip to rest it on. You could just cut it off if not needed.

Pfaff guide 3.stl

Pfaff guide arm2.stl

Pfaff oil box1.stl

335pl.stl

Thanks for sharing @jimi . Have you got any pictures to add to that. I will throw in the stl 335 bobbin cover end caps later today when I have a bit more time.

Here are a couple of anti spill dye holders for the small bottles

Eco-Flo 130ml anti spill stand v2.stl

The images, seems I cannot upload Fiebings stl as over 1.46m

Eco-Flow-spill-stand-No2.jpg

fiebings-No3.jpg

Updated Zip file format

Fieberg anti spill tray v2.zip

Edited by chrisash
changed zip format

Thanks Chris, no excuses for dye all over the place now!

20200713_104930.jpg.7a9b9b3169306ca2f81341c239fae712.jpg20200713_105052.jpg.1c1bbc7c799c3adc2d34def38946386f.jpg

Here are the stl files for the old casting 335 pfaff and 69 adler bobbin end cover caps. They are the same -

Adler Bobbin Cover.stl

This one is for those rare 331 Pfaff cylinder arm machines Pfaff 331 Bobbin Cover.stl

This first picture shows the reduced size across all 3 versions.DSC04650_resize.JPG

This one may show better still on a 331 style 

DSC04673_resize.JPG

DSC04671_resize.JPG

I will load a 49 piece bobbin holder case tomorrow if I get time

Cheers for now.

Thanks Brian, Looks like you got some funky lollipop yellow 335´s in you shop now :lol:

This one is a bobbin holding case that will take 49 bobbins with the bobbin holes being 22x11mm. I have made it so that it would be easy to pick up the bobbin wanted due to the space between them as shown in the below picture.

Here find the stl file - BOBBIN CARRIER.stl

DSC03609_resize.JPG

Here is another Pfaff 335 option, I have been trying to do doing some bracelets and found I needed a shorter needle plate to the left, and a inline foot because the bracelets have a hidden cap and post so when sewing, the female part underneath hits the side and angles the work, easiest solution is make the bracelet wider than 25mm, but I wanted to do a 25mm and see at the same time if this will work instead of ordering a cheap copy and grinding it down ( by the way, the last cheap copy did not even fit properly!!).  this could get you out of a pickle....:lol:  This is 4mm from the needle hole as opposed to the 8mm before. The inline foot hole needed to be cleaned up with a 4.5mm drill bit for it to fit perfectly

Pfaff needle plate button.stl

Pfaff inline foot.stl

20200721_170602.thumb.jpg.fa63e26b6d5919b568c722745e9b6387.jpg20200721_170619.thumb.jpg.8f36e9146531b42d13d632b31a7747bc.jpg20200721_170642.thumb.jpg.58c6dff2add214f697f35971a97cdb72.jpg20200721_170701.thumb.jpg.af9b87555f752adc31b9e9d82d262101.jpg20200721_170722.thumb.jpg.b17c7daf59771850c77a45e382263ae0.jpg

20200721_170757.thumb.jpg.8c62e7974b31517dc3fe03e8d160a6bd.jpg

Edited by jimi

This will fit on your bed plate Matt S :P

30 minutes ago, jimi said:

This will fit on your bed plate Matt S :P

Yeah but now I've got to go out and buy a 335! :P

51 minutes ago, Matt S said:

Yeah but now I've got to go out and buy a 335! :P

:rofl:

Just another 335 thang, small flatbed for small work. 

Pfaff flatbed.stl

20200725_220223.thumb.jpg.f001884577c428445581f2bc4632effe.jpg

Brilliant, Jimi! I was going to print them out and then remembered I've converted it back to a binder, so not much use to me.:rolleyes2:

Good stuff @jimi. I have to ask if you re taped all them holes you have the allen heads in out to 4mm? I've been working on a drop down guide for going down on the left side of the needle and was hoping to find a tap and screws to match the machine threads. What a joke, just .2mm smaller:ranting2:. I should get to try it out in the next day or so and load some pics up then.

Well I tested it and it works OK but this one's probably not of much interest due to the rarity of this particular machine model which is a 331 Pfaff. With the walking foot models you would have to change the feet from right to left halfway through and I think that would f be super unexciting. If any one wants the stl let me know. History.... the wife liked the look of this bag handle method but with the gussets in place you can not stitch the handle holes down in the one operation so I reasoned that by back stitching the top line first then spinning at the other end I could drop down the other guide and continue to complete the rest of the hole stitch.

DSC00014_resize.JPG

This shows the outer roller guide down for the top side stitch (Sorry I stitched it up before I remembered to take the pictures)

DSC00017_resize.JPG

It then moves up and the other one drops down for the bottom side

DSC00018_resize.JPG

Not too bad for the first go at least

DSC00016_resize.JPG

Wow, now that is what I call thinking outside the box to find the solution.

The handbag looks good from what I can see of it.

Thanks.

Bert.

9 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Good stuff @jimi. I have to ask if you re taped all them holes you have the allen heads in out to 4mm? I've been working on a drop down guide for going down on the left side of the needle and was hoping to find a tap and screws to match the machine threads. What a joke, just .2mm smaller:ranting2:. I should get to try it out in the next day or so and load some pics up then.

Thanks Brian, Correct, I see you have a hawk eye!!....I could not find any screws and if i did with postage it was a joke so i taped them to M4 and got rid of mi headache.

That looks like a job for your 29k with a very steady hand!! Maybe a foot with a guide??? So i take it there is no way to do that opened out and flat??

11 hours ago, dikman said:

Brilliant, Jimi! I was going to print them out and then remembered I've converted it back to a binder, so not much use to me.:rolleyes2:

Thanks, Well when you convert it back you know you have a mini table waiting:lol:

12 hours ago, Bert51 said:

Wow, now that is what I call thinking outside the box to find the solution.

The handbag looks good from what I can see of it.

Thanks.

Bert.

Thanks Bert, lets just hope some buying customers see it that way.:P

11 hours ago, jimi said:

So i take it there is no way to do that opened out and flat?

It can be if the gussets go into place after but it is very difficult not to push the gussets out of place when pushing in and around the bottom curve. My 331 has the needle 7mm in from the edge and some 335s are even 11 from the edge. In production it is better to make the job for the operator as easy to do as possible and to achieve that I make the gussets fold over the lining with an attached stiffener before the outer cover piece is attached. Here are a couple of pictures to show better what I mean - Different bag but same gusset technique.

DSC03809_resize.JPG

DSC03803_resize.JPG

DSC03810_resize.JPG

I like your work Brian, I ain't shown the misses those pictures, that's for sure.

Bert.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:32 AM, RockyAussie said:

I been thinking that we should have a file repository for making it easy for people to find anything that might be of use to them for laser or 3d printing.

Any chance of the stl for the z-height adjuster and fan blow-through for the eleksmaker laser?

:)

40 mm Pulley Cura Profile for Taulman 230 Nylon 

Taulman 230 profile with slow speed and 0.2 nozzel.curaprofile

Shim for Jack jk513a motor to which has a 13 mm spindle and most pulley's for sewing machines come in 15 mm this shim fills the 13-15mm slot left, and made from Taulman 230 nylon filament

Sleeve for 13-15 pulley2.jpg

Shim Jack pully v5.stl Taulman 230 profile with slow speed and 0.2 nozzel.curaprofile