zuludog

A sad day

Moderator - feel free to move this topic to another section or to remove it altogether if it's not relevant

I am separated from my wife, but we have stayed on good terms and phone each other regularly. She kept the dog

Well, something I had been expecting for a while as he was old and had arthritis  for a long time. She phoned to say that in the last week or so it had quickly become much worse and he could hardly walk at all, so this afternoon he was put down. Sad, but we know from the day we get a dog that they don't live very long

He was a German Wire Haired Pointer; we kept the name the breeder gave him - Zulu  

Edited by zuludog

Sorry for your loss.  Fur babies give us so much love.  

Knowing it is coming doesn't make it any easier when the day comes. As someone that has lost close to 100 dogs through the years, it never gets any easier. You have my condolences.

I am very sorry for your loss, i too love the critters and have had many bless my life. 

@zuludog - I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is to lose a loved (and loving) pet.   I feel for you Bud.

Good Dog.

Good Bye.

So very sorry. They are so much a part of our lives.

I am so sorry about your loss,  loosing a pet is always very difficult. 

Sorry to hear @zuludog  Our four legged family members are such an important part of our lives.   I'd type more about it, but I'm getting some help right now from Charlie kitty getting in the way of the keyboard.

- Bill

12 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

As someone that has lost close to 100 dogs through the years, it never gets any easier.

Sorry for your loss. Even as a breeder it never gets easier nor should it.

kgg

My sincerest condolences. 

very sorry to hear this.  Though we know they don't live as long as us, it doesn't make it any easier. 

Never nice, but hang on to the memories

As my own avatar implies, I am a dog lover and I share the sentiments.    I'd like to think when I cross to the other side I will get to romp and play with all of our previous friends, both 2 legged and best of all, our loyal and faithful four legged ones.  RIP Zulu!  

Sorry to hear of your loss.  I've been an animal lover my whole life, cats, dogs, fish, guinea pigs, lizards, turtles, you name it.  They bring so much pleasure and seem to make each day a little better.  When the time is right, go look for a rescue dog.  Give it a good home, it will be a blessing to you both.

Edit:  I forgot to mention the cat in the bag which is my avatar.  His name was Finley.  He was a rescue and they swore he had been treated for feline leukemia, but sadly he contracted it.  He will never be forgotten as he was one of the most loving animals I've ever been fortunate to care for.  He climbed into that bag and posed for the perfect pic.  Glad I had my phone handy to capture it.

Edited by Tugadude

I feel your loss,. I had a stray cat show up, and  showed up every day for 15 years to ride to work with me. When I went on a service call she rode with me.  When at the shop and the church bell rang 12'oclock at noon, she would come and get me and tell me it was time to go eat.  She  was 18 and passed on about a month ago.  Pets make the world a better place.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is hard.