chuck123wapati

new hat band

Got my new summer hat figured i'd  make a nice band for it. Prairie Rattler, locally sourced and ethically dispatched.

hatband1.jpg

hatband2.jpg

Love it. Having worked with rattlesnake skin myself, I know that getting the diamonds to line up perfectly ain’t exactly easy. Well done!

Nice Chuck,:thumbsup:

I had a Diamond back laying by my front steps. I let him be . LOL

1 hour ago, BigBore said:

Love it. Having worked with rattlesnake skin myself, I know that getting the diamonds to line up perfectly ain’t exactly easy. Well done!

thanks, it really looks nice on my black felt.

16 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Nice Chuck,:thumbsup:

I had a Diamond back laying by my front steps. I let him be . LOL

Thanks.

The hat and band really belong together!  Really a great choice and excellent work.

Very cool!  Nice job!  Had to ethically dispatch an Eastern Diamondback in my front yard a couple months ago. 

That's great Chuck.  That's a fine hat for being on the river doing some fly fishing.

Very nice, and there’s that beautiful knife again!

10 hours ago, rleather said:

The hat and band really belong together!  Really a great choice and excellent work.

thank you!

10 hours ago, BruceGibson said:

Very cool!  Nice job!  Had to ethically dispatch an Eastern Diamondback in my front yard a couple months ago. 

thanks LOL A long handled shovel goes with me everywhere in the summer.

8 hours ago, Littlef said:

That's great Chuck.  That's a fine hat for being on the river doing some fly fishing.

its 4:12 am and i am getting my coffee and headed to the lake :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Very nice, and there’s that beautiful knife again!

thanks ! And my dirty old cutting board lol. 

Very nice hat band @chuck123wapati. Thankful though we don't have any of those around here, just your garter snakes and black ratsnakes.

kgg

That looks nice. Its colouring matches the hat rather well. Not too ostentatious

Chuck very nicely done, not to wide and not to thin. 

8 hours ago, kgg said:

Very nice hat band @chuck123wapati. Thankful though we don't have any of those around here, just your garter snakes and black ratsnakes.

kgg

Thank you , you are lucky!

Love the band for sure.  Hats are a must for me, especially in the summer.  This old bald head absorbs the sun and burns aren't fun on the scalp.  Great job!  If you're like me, you'll be lucky if the hat lasts you all summer.  Mine end up being pretty nasty from sweat and dust.

That is a very nice hatband. Prairie rattlers are our predominate rattlesnake but diamondbacks are fairly common too and I have encountered a sidewinder once although It's been years since I have even seen a rattlesnake. Please clue me in on how you ethically dispatch one. Would using a hoe as the method of death of or shovel qualify? :lol: That was my most used method of dispatch until I decided to just let snakes be and continue to do their job of keeping small vermin in check. On the other hand i wouldn't mind buying a hatband sized skin from someone if I ever buy another hat.

Wife killed a small rattlesnake at the foot of our ramp with a machete, late in the day. Then walked into our eldest daughters room and told her she's not going outside after dark. She didn't realize that when she said it the machete was still in her hand. A Southern Alabama redneck put a scare in her. We chuckle about it now.

Like the hatband, don't know it I would wear it. Used to tell people they had better not be in front of me if I encountered a snake.

It does look great on the hat, and is well done.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:14 AM, fredk said:

That looks nice. Its colouring matches the hat rather well. Not too ostentatious

Its amazing how they blend in with grass. thank you.

On 5/22/2023 at 6:07 AM, PastorBob said:

Love the band for sure.  Hats are a must for me, especially in the summer.  This old bald head absorbs the sun and burns aren't fun on the scalp.  Great job!  If you're like me, you'll be lucky if the hat lasts you all summer.  Mine end up being pretty nasty from sweat and dust.

Yea its one season hat I'm thinking at best. thanks Pastor. 

Thank you!

Hoes work!! My weapon of choice is a long handled spade shovel. I don't take every snake i see, in fact passed one up yesterday. I usually only take them where they my be a danger to people or their animals.

21 hours ago, WalterF said:

Wife killed a small rattlesnake at the foot of our ramp with a machete, late in the day. Then walked into our eldest daughters room and told her she's not going outside after dark. She didn't realize that when she said it the machete was still in her hand. A Southern Alabama redneck put a scare in her. We chuckle about it now.

Like the hatband, don't know it I would wear it. Used to tell people they had better not be in front of me if I encountered a snake.

It does look great on the hat, and is well done.

thanks lol great story!! Sounds like she could fit in here in Wyoming too.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:08 AM, Bawarrior said:

Chuck very nicely done, not to wide and not to thin. 

thanks!! 

On 5/20/2023 at 5:52 PM, BruceGibson said:

Thanks !!  They are just coming out here, saw the first one yesterday.

That's very cool!!

Chuck, that is yet another fine piece of work I have seen you create. You really should make a video of how it’s done (sidestepping the ethical dispatchment - squeamish snowflakes and all) I’d be a might bit interested in it!

Edited by Doc Reaper
Grammer

3 hours ago, DaveP said:

That's very cool!!

thanks.