Chief31794

Retiring

I have closed my leather business, my online store and facebook store.  I will continue to do a little leather work from time-to-time, but I'm going into full retirement and will be:

Enjoying Grandkids

Fishing

Playing Music

Traveling

pretty much in that order.

I have been an infrequent contributor here on this site and have learned a lot from this site. It is one of the best forums of any kind on the internet. I belong to music, fishing and boating forums and this is by far the best and most active of any of them. 

Thanks to everyone,

Ken "Chief" Harper

Aweb_9313.jpg

DobroStrap.jpg

Good for you Ken. Best wishes for a happy retirement and thank you for your contributions to this site. Hopefully you won't be a stranger around here.

Best to you, sir, on your well-earned retirement! Like many others, I have enjoyed seeing your posts and fine handiwork. Enjoy those grand-young'uns, traveling and that pickin 'n grinnin'!

As machinehead said...don't be a stranger!

Mr. Harper,

I just recently found your YouTube videos, and made some rifle slings that I posted in the "show off" section based on the information I learned from you.  I will miss the invaluable information you had in those videos since you have removed them, but wanted to thank you for the information you did share over the time it was available.  I pray you enjoy your retirement and the plans you have, and hope that you consider putting the videos back up for us to learn from!

YinTx

Have a great retirement.  Pop in once in a while for an update.  Show off the kids and any new leather items.  We appreciate your work and advice.

Tom

Not far behind you Ken. 'Cept no grandkids as yet.  And I haven't picked up a guitar in so long I'm not sure I aint forgot (or at least got fingers out of shape).  And my boat aint so shiny as yern.  And I'll be catchin' more walleye than bass.  And my wife aint welcome ta join me.  Otherwise, SAME HERE :rofl:

ENJOY!

Smooth seas and following winds, Chief! I "retired" at the end of the year, and the leather is just one of the ways I've kept my hand in...beginning to wonder if that was the right way to go. No kids or grand-kids, though, so will need something to keep me off the streets until my troph-wife retires in a few years.

Thanks for all your input.

Jeff

Oh, and nice dobro.

Congratulations, Chief. Enjoy every minute of it.

Happy fishing!  Enjoy that new bass boat it's a beauty.  Best to you.  

Good luck and Godspeed!  I always appreciated the work you shared.

Congrats chief!  I retired a few years ago and do leather full time now.  I also appreciate a good dobro, although my national is not a lap version like yours.  Enjoy your time!

All the best and enjoy the rest!

Glad to hear you are joining the "Saturday every day" crowd, you will enjoy it. Thanks so much for your wisdom, encouragement and willingness to help other leather workers on this forum, and your great videos! Hope your still going to be here when we need some help! I had a fellow ask me for help with his Mexican round braid today and knew exactly where to send him! Thanks again and happy retirement!

That's Awesome!   Happy Retirement!  Sure will miss seeing your work! 

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.  The comments and well wishes are very nice.

Ken "Chief" Harper