AzShooter

I Need A Break

Well, I decided to make a new competition holster today for speed shooting.  I shoot a .22 and holsters are not needed but I'd rather wear one than having to take my bag to the starting box every stage.  

It's basically the same as the one below but needs to be about 1 1/2 inches longer so that the muzzle/compensator is still covered.  

First try I put the T-Nuts for the flap on the wrong side.  It will make a nice left handed holster if I ever get a lefty interested.

Second try I cut it out and did the same thing.

Third try I went and Basket weaved it because I had everything correct.  I did the tooling on the wrong side.  I took a break and will probably wait a few days.

Here is what it should look like.

Holster with coin.jpg

AZ it was a good laugh for me, I've been in that boat, just have to laugh it off. I make so many mistakes, but I don't care its fun makin this stuff.I actully think we've met.

LOL.. Have you been looking in my window?  

@AzShooter Yup, I...we ,  feel your frustration .  

Today  I was lacing a  m/c tank cover for a client. Nothing went right . The more frustrated I got, the worse the problem got. If it wasn't for a client, it would have been thrown across the workshop. So, I'll go back to it later.  

HS

Been there and done that way to many times. I got 2 scrap piles. 1 for small cutoffs that my sister gets most times for earrings and bracelets and such. And 1 pile that is messed up projects and such. Most days you just know first thing if its gonna be one of "those" days. And the time is better spent watching old westerns then trying to push threw the crap.

I just sent 2 'fridge magnets to a friend.....there were 7 that went into the bin before I got 2 that I would send to her.

Was working on a rodeo badge for a friend.  punched right through with my bar grounder.  I thought I'd be able to 'cover it up' by trying to push the other bar grounding closer together around it with my modeling tool.  Made it worse.   Decided it was going to ANOTHER practice piece to learn from.   But hey,  it's still fun for me.  

As I say now, a bad day playing with leather sure beats a great day at the office.

Edited by JayEhl

13 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Second try I cut it out and did the same thing.

Third try I went and Basket weaved it because I had everything correct.  I did the tooling on the wrong side.  I took a break and will probably wait a few days.

Hang in there Az . . . I'll guarantee you that virtually everyone has done that same type stuff . . . whether it was leather . . . an Excel spreadsheet . . . baking cookies . . .  going to the store  . . . 

Been there . . . done that . . . is the mantra for it . . . 

And yes . . . in case you were wondering . . . I also have a couple left handed holsters . . . :lol:

May God bless,

Dwight

How do you think rough out holsters were invented! LOL .

I use to have a boss that called it working faster than you can think lol he would see my frustration set in and he would shut me down saying time for coffee and a smoke. 

14 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I use to have a boss that called it working faster than you can think lol

He was on point . 

And heres me thinking that working with leather  was calming , therapeutic,  teaches patience, fellowship   etc. etc. 

" WTF am I doing so wrongggg  ??????????   f*&king stoopid  thing !!!!!" 

We've all been there  :)

a'hem

HS