Squilchuck

Signing off regular viewing

Just browsed the "unread list" as I do each morning with my coffee. Biggest conversation threads were gun control and abortion. Leatherwork? Guess I'll take a break from regular reading and check back when I have questions. I've enjoyed reading the forum over the years and learned a lot about leatherwork from members. Also, it seems like saddlery posts have dwindled to a bare trickle, if that, so losing interest on that account too. Cheers!  John 

If you browse without logging in you don't see the special off-topic threads, just the regular stuff

Squilchuck, I think I know  how to fix this, as I don't get notifications of new content when I log in. Go to your settings. Click on 'Notification settings' Unselect the option for 'browser notifications'. Then you can just browse the forums that interest you. The topics that have new content will show in heavier type. There will also be a list of the most recent posts on the right side of the page. Off Topic threads do not show up in that list.

If you get e-mail notifications, you can unselect that option, too.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

I don't see them unless i intentionally go look for them  I have no idea what the problems is? 

Nor do I.

And I just realized I was wrong about the notification thing. If you select that option, it will notify you of new posts in this forum even if you are browsing elsewhere.

There has GOT to be something in 'notifications' that you can check/uncheck to fix this problem, as neither Chuck nor I get the 'Off Topic' posts listed when we sign in. I have to go to the forum to see if there's anything new, unless someone's quoted one of my posts or mentioned my name. Then I get a notification at the top of the page.

3 hours ago, Squilchuck said:

Just browsed the "unread list" as I do each morning with my coffee. Biggest conversation threads were gun control and abortion. Leatherwork? Guess I'll take a break from regular reading and check back when I have questions. I've enjoyed reading the forum over the years and learned a lot about leatherwork from members. Also, it seems like saddlery posts have dwindled to a bare trickle, if that, so losing interest on that account too. Cheers!  John 

Whlie we each have our own concerns and feelings and I respect that. I do not understand your need to post a farewell to the group. You could have just left without mention and no one would have been the wiser.

11 minutes ago, K5HEP said:

Whlie we each have our own concerns and feelings and I respect that. I do not understand your need to post a farewell to the group. You could have just left without mention and no one would have been the wiser.

It is called passive aggression. the posts intent is to manipulate the mods to cancel the offending forum

I made a grip rap for a friend today, nothing fancy.  

002.JPG.e71cd7dea1e2249e8d4fa678fe09781a.JPG

Edited by Frodo

8 hours ago, Squilchuck said:

Yeah my habit is to click "all activity" and yeah 40%-50% is off topic...I don't spend nearly the time on here I once did.  I've asked repeatedly to make the off topic forum (especially politics) opt-in but it's either impossible on the back end of the site or like Facebook, any engagement is considered a positive. 

Edited by nstarleather

On the other hand, 40%-50% is about sewing machines that I couldn't care less about. We just have to not look at what we don't want.

6 hours ago, Frodo said:

It is called passive aggression. the posts intent is to manipulate the mods to cancel the offending forum

Now I understand...

10 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I don't see them unless i intentionally go look for them  I have no idea what the problems is? 

Yeh, same here. I enjoy most threads, but  I really enjoy the ' How Do Do That', I  learn a lot from that thread happy to help too , I'm still a 'learner' myself,  that and and the sewing machines thread, especially those that are doing a restore / rebuild  on an old piece of iron .

I also love food  :yes:

HS

8 hours ago, K5HEP said:

I understand why @Squilchuck posted what he did.

Several internet trolls, like Frodo and Chuck, polluted what used to be a wonderful leatherworking site that had been filled with positive energy and good leatherworking information, and turned it into a site peppered with disruptive and negative energy.. For the most part I have quit this site, because it has really gone downhill. 

For example, look at what Frodo posted, showcasing his very sophisticated leather working skills... NOT. Absolute garbage. He has no idea what he is doing, or why. I think that it's important to let the moderators and the advertisers know how we feel about the state of affairs here, so I'm glad to see someone speaking up about it.

''' I am not,  As usual, going to say anything in this forum.  If anyone wants to continue this discussion go to the adults forum where this type of issue can be discussed. Seems to me the only one Peppering the forum with disruptive personal attacks  is Latigoamigo 

Edited by Frodo

Mods,  Please lock and delete this Thread

These  gentlemen do not understand that if they wish to Troll they can do so in the adults' section 

with out causing disrespect to other forum members

16 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Mods,  Please lock and delete this Thread

These  gentlemen do not understand that if they wish to Troll they can do so in the adults' section 

with out causing disrespect to other forum members

Lets face it Frodo, you are an absolute rebel. As has been said your work is crap and you know it's crap. You make no attempt to improve and I believe that's intentional. To provoke a response. You're not interested in anyone's point of view or opinion (except other rebels) except your own. Leatherwork is low down on your priority list and I really don't know why you're here except to troll at every opportunity.

I think a couple of youse are way out of order

Its against the ethos of this forum to condemn anyone on the basis of their standard of work; From  raw beginner, to the top professional, through folk who just want to cobble some thing together, if they enjoy making anything in leather no matter what their standard is they are welcome here. Some folk get better with practice, some don't. In the end if you enjoy leather working or crafting then you should be allowed on this forum

Crap?

Edited by fredk

12 minutes ago, fredk said:

I think a couple of youse are way out of order

Its against the ethos of this forum to condemn anyone on the basis of their standard of work;

Ordinarily Fred I would agree 100% but in my book "As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap". Show me and others some respect and I'll show you the same.

This forum should be a place for folk to come and have a good time with mutual interaction of techniques, information and ideas not ideals or philosophy. There are plenty of places elsewhere for that.

9 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I understand why @Squilchuck posted what he did.

Several internet trolls, like Frodo and Chuck, polluted what used to be a wonderful leatherworking site that had been filled with positive energy and good leatherworking information, and turned it into a site peppered with disruptive and negative energy.. For the most part I have quit this site, because it has really gone downhill. 

For example, look at what Frodo posted, showcasing his very sophisticated leather working skills... NOT. Absolute garbage. He has no idea what he is doing, or why. I think that it's important to let the moderators and the advertisers know how we feel about the state of affairs here, so I'm glad to see someone speaking up about it.

Be careful about mentioning  letting advertisers know, I was banned for months because the site’s owner suspected me of contacting the advertiser who pulled out around that time.  I still don’t have access to messaging, like everyone else on this site.  Freedom of speech apparently only applies to trolling.