Mjolnir

Show your Shop

Keep em coming guys and gals, always nice to see others makers shop spaces. Always a way to get ideas on set up too.

Also BikerMutt and Sanch have been shopping at the same curtain shop lol :)   real similar

What a great idea :) well my space is small... but then again I’m the “less is more “ girl :) I have a corner of a small room and I just love it.. would like a few small machines, but for now I’m content! 

B6B46515-1D82-47FC-9FD0-4F8E0B1CB1C7.jpeg

First picture is main workbench. The silver tape covered wooden box in background is  giant latex foam oven. The door beyond marked "Adults Only" goes into a single car garage for a second shop.

Second picture is reverse of first pic showing a different set of silver taped wooden boxes on the left. These are ferment boxes for making mead. Thats a chocolate mead on hydraulic cart.

Third picture is second shop, messy bench but tool rich, hand painted stone work walls.

P1180604.JPG

P1180600.JPG

P1180588.JPG

I was thinking I was at the point that I needed to start moving into the basement as well, until I saw these shops! Turns out I have room for A LOT more stuff in my shop!

I need to find room for a Cowboy machine, likely will move the file cabinets to the basement. Ideally, the closet would be emptied and the Cowboy would go in there..."she who  must be obeyed" says it ain't gonna happen. 

workshopbench.jpg

shopdesk.jpg

I just want to say, " I appreciate you all for sharing!" I love the organized chaos. The discombobulated beauty of all the shops shared so far. I have new ideas already. Anyone remember the intro scene to 'Ray Bradbury Theater', ( U.S. tv show in the 80's)? https://youtu.be/2nIqGI5-6HI 

I have a wish list from every photo so far. Keep sharing! You guys and gals (scratch that... 'makers'!) are awesome!

Just a thought but all of these shops from around the globe have an essential sameness. Breathe deeply and smell it. It's the scent of leather. it's home, it's a memory so deep your grandkids will be transported back to their childhood every time they smell it. Long after we are all gone, we will be vivid in memory, our souls attached to creativity.

@Mjolnir I'm surprised you didn't notice or mention the  black flag/banner in the my first photo by the door...

Edited by DV8DUG

5 minutes ago, DV8DUG said:

@Mjolnir I'm surprised you didn't notice or mention the  black flag/banner in the my first photo by the door...

Nice! you had me at the Conan quote.

Epic battle!

20171215_180055_resized.jpg

I have a small sloped ceiling room, this is my table.  The machines and cutting table are on the other walls.20171211_081501.thumb.jpg.0c43e866d0ba144e0ce33d96a97f88cc.jpg

Just fell in love with your maul! Did you do the handle wrap?

Yes, I did the handle wrap.  Whenever I have "artists block" on what project to do next, I look around and see what tool need covering.  My family laughs about it a little. Even my sewing machine light has a cover.

I did a little instructables.com write-up on how to do the handle, but I imagine most here wouldn't need that.

I went right to the maul handle, too! Nice.

34 minutes ago, Willie0 said:

I have a small sloped ceiling room, this is my table.  The machines and cutting table are on the other walls.20171211_081501.thumb.jpg.0c43e866d0ba144e0ce33d96a97f88cc.jpg

OLDNSLOW should zoom in and take note of how you have covered sharp tools with leather! LOL! I also love the wall rack. I want to steal (borrow) that idea so If you will share details or a close up pic...?

Edited by Mjolnir
add

The wall rack is basically a box on a base filled with pvc cut at an angle.  It is from another project from a long time ago, so the pvc is cut to about 6/12 inches, which is too long.  I dropped in some segments of thick rope in each hole I used to keep the tools from dropping in too far.  I darkened the front faces of the pvc with some leather dye.

they would just end up on the floor, but hay I would know where are:rolleyes2:

1 minute ago, OLDNSLOW said:

they would just end up on the floor, but hay I would know where are:rolleyes2:

Your shop is my favorite, OLDNSLOW. It's organic. It's leathercraft kudzu! The grandkids bikes stand out because you can see a bike. Those are beautiful sewing machines. Last but not least, that bench is MAC DADDY!

Thank You, the last one in the middle was not suppose to be that tall, but when I put the casters on it, it added back those inches that we had cut off.  It also wasn't built as heavy as the one against the far wall, it was suppose to have another layer of 4/8 oak plywood to help stabilize it when I banging the snot out things.

Thanks for sharing everybody I love to see all the great work spaces. I just have a corner table in the kitchen, that I have share with about a hundred other tasks, so all my tools and supplies are kept in plastic totes stacked up in another corner. But its what I got until I get something better. 

Here is my little area its a office space off the master bedroom, my favorite thing I did was hook a roll of craft paper on a curtain rod for gluing and dying.

20171215_222522_resized.jpg

Great idea with the curtain rod and craft paper. I might have to incorporate that into my space, somewhere...