Frodo

OPPs. I am n trouble

Wife is going to kill me dead

Spilled. USMC black on the floor and tried to wipe it up. But,  ………..

If I go silent and you do not hear from me

I’m dead.  She is a 110 pound redheaded

cajun that can whoop a 250 pound man

4C95BAED-8EA5-448F-85CE-A48BF791343D.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Frodo said:

If I go silent and you do not hear from me

I’m dead.

I'd just move your stuff out to the dog house before she gets home.

kgg

quick pull a rug over it, she might not notice for at least ten seconds. Not!!!!! Your in Big sh#t friend.

Quick - get more dye, pour over the rest of the floor and clean up in the same way - you're redecorating and starting with the floor!

Yike's glad I'm not in your shoe's :(:censored2::nono::oops:

Ouch...that'll leave a mark!!

That will NOT buff out...and, per your description, you are not likely to "walk off" any whoopin' she's inclined to dish out...

Here is wishin' you the best my friend.  I'd sing at your funeral but that would clear the house mighty quick.

I would probably leave a note on the kitchen stove "Be back soon" . . . go to the lumber yard . . . buy replacement flooring . . .  and get on the phone finding someone to replace it . . .  or get the chop saw and saw horses out.

That would be my plan . . . although you might try some gasoline . . .  a very little bit of it . . .  but it might do the trick.

May God bless,

Dwight

Time to get on your knees and get the sander out

all the best

JCUK

:rofl: That is exactly my husband's reaction when I tell him not to do something and he does...and it goes wrong!

oh wow, that's horrible.  There's probably no fixing that without just power sanding the whole room.   I accidentally sloshed some vinegaroon on the carpet over the weekend.  I instantly dumped a box of banking soda on it.  Thankfully the carpet must be all man made fibers, cause it didn't turn it black.  I certainly had a few minutes of panic hoping it doesn't turn black.  

Just blame it on the cat /dog or burglar .......................

It cannot be undone. A hug. kiss, apology and offer to do whatever she wants to remedy the matter... You realize it is possible she might want to change all the flooring and this will be the perfect chance?

Services will be held Saturday at noon.  Flowers may be sent to the local funeral chapel.  Authorities have ruled the death as justifiable.

Edited by DwightT

@SUP

You nailed the reaction

TowMbO (The one that MUST be Obeyed)  

has said a new Floor will  be installed 

Rolled her eyes and asked what was I thinking? Then asked don’t you have a tarp? Or a large tote?  Other words were said that I tuned out  79931C69-7E2A-49AB-8632-08A8096BFBE6.jpeg.15174db537fa885724a73447b40474fc.jpeg

I will be sleeping on the rug with the dog for awhile

Here you are Frodo . . . 

I thought it would work

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

I thought it would work

Looks like a significant amount of finish on that wood if it isn't coated in a layer of plastic.  Dead OP's murder scene with the blackened scissors weapon onsite appears to be unfinished or minimally finished wood, which would absorb stuff nicely.  Although if he is still on this side of the daisies, he should be tempted to try your solution anyhow!

@Frodo you have a lot of sucking up  to do my friend, and not just the mess . 

Flowers, chocolates, an expensive dinner and wine at a  fancy restaurant ... a new car perhaps  ?? 

......or maybe put those cooking skills to good use  as you'll be living outdoors for a while... LOL !!!! 

I think I can safely say on behalf of all of us on here, ' we're thinking of you '  :yes: 

HS

A REDHEAD !!! Ohhhh Frodo .....R.I.P. friend. Maybe could you quickly do the whole floor black????

Good thing the weather is not so cold these days! 

41 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

A REDHEAD !!!

Yeh, I know what you're thinking . ;)  

Frodo has gone a bit quiet too I noticed 
HS 

Frodo, Frodo, Frodo are you OK?  

Maybe this would be a good time to remind her that you need a shop so that never happens again. 

Fortunately for me, the one time I did a major dye spill, I had a roll of paper towels and a bottle of methyl alcohol handy. The two of them together did a really good job of cleaning up the spill before it soaked in. And fortunately, most of it was on the cutting mat. Even more fortunate - the floor was ceramic tile! It also missed the project I'd been wanting to touch up! :lol:

Tarps! Already ordered some huge ones that will cover my work area, floor included.  The advantages of being a newbie with oldies' (only in terms of experience, no age-related offence intended; besides, I'm old!) experiences to read about is invaluable. Thank you all!