paulburnett

Carving Lesson 101

40 posts in this topic

The Paul Burnett Free School of Leather Ornamentation has begun. Here is the first lesson in the Carving 101 course.

I will start by examining some of the misconceptions many people have about layouts and transfers. Then offer some axioms to ensure accuracy in performing the task. Learn and Enjoy

PBCarving01.pdf

PBCarving01.pdf

Paul, I am in no way artistic. I take after my father who always claimed "All my taste is in my mouth." But I understand this! It makes sense to me. Thank you for taking the time to put these together. They will be VERY helpful to many, many people.

Wanna say thanks for putting these together and getting these sections started. This will be very helpful to anyone that takes the time to read them.

I appreciate your time and knowledge sharing!

Paul

I have all your home study courses and I am a very happy you are doing these articles thanks.

josh

I am completely looking forward to the next segment of your carving lesson.

Thank you for doing this.

Grampa Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

Thanks Paul. Like the others I am looking forward to new articles.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Paul, & Thanks!! It's always nice to learn,,, or re-learn things. These lessons will help Lots of people,,, way to go Paul!!

Ed the"BearMan"

This looks like exactly what I need right now to improve my skills. Especially when it comes to getting the right result out of patterns.

I am a little ahead because I had on my own figured out to focus on where things follow through and shaded in an extra copy of my patterns before tooling complicated designs to be sure I got it right.

Thank you so much

David

Thanks very much. Promises to be a very educational and helpful section of the forum.

Paul,

Thanks so very much for sharing with us the knowledge you had gained over so many years!!!

You are truely one of Americas living treasures!!!!

Storm

Thank You VERY much for your time and effort in sharing your knowledge with us!

Now you have really whetted my appetite for more!! Thanks for clearing up some of the mystery.

Liz

Thank you for taking the time to put this together. Can't wait for more.

AZ09 reporting for class,,. This is great thank-you for posting the turorial I await the next lesson/s

Peace

Tal~

AZ09 reporting for class,,. This is great thank-you for posting the turorial I await the next lesson/s

Peace

Tal~

Oops sorry so excited about this I failed to sign in the above responce..

Tal~

Paul, Thanks for the lessons this really helps.

A very valuable resource for novice to pro carvers!!!

Thanks Paul!!!

Tom

Thank you Paul, for posting this series of lessons. Personally speaking, you couldn't have posted them at a better time as I've just begun wading into this artistic forum with no more knowledge of it other than I know that leather comes from animals :). I'm so grateful to you for taking the time and effort to put this tutorial together for us all and look forward to sitting at the feet of the master and absorbing your tips and tricks. Thank you for saving me time, frustration and a lot of wasted leather :).

Blossom

Hello again

These lessons are truely appreciated. You wont believe how we battle to get info on learherwork in South africa.

Thanking You

Thanks Paul ! Great lesson

Edited by leatherhead

Hi Paul,

I want to tell you that I am impressed with this lesson and am looking forward to the continuing series. You have addressed some important points and misconceptions that are big stumbling blocks for those who decide they want to try to start tooling. This is good stuff!

Bobby

Thank You. Can hardly wait for future lessons!

Thanks you for posting this...my headache is slowly relieving itself from all the info on this site!